Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 10:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: private hire rent
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:56 pm 

gbone wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

5%?...they told you that or proved that?....

you used to just put the fare through as normal on what the mileage was there were no set rates for account work it was clocked as a normal job and then you would hand your weekly sheet in and it would have 5% taken off and you would collect the cash the following week.

now what these account holders were charged i neither know nor care because it was not my business,but we used to get normal fare - 5%

well that seems fair, the other windup is being told you have to wait 45 days from the job for payment......when the schools pay 14 days EOM, it all maximises the base cash flow

HAVING said that, a floating % rate when it costs as much to admin a £10 job it costs to admin a £200 job is quite smart i suppose....lol, 1 stamp, 1 envelope, 1 A4 printout, and of course all jobs for 1 county could go on one invoice.....

say you had 20 cars working for 1 county, 5 days a week, £20/day = £8000/month, click "print" + post, 5% = £400

add on 20 cars paying £400/wk rent = £32,000/month

now upscale that to a 200 car fleet

Post subject: Re: private hire rent
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:10 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
gbone wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

5%?...they told you that or proved that?....

you used to just put the fare through as normal on what the mileage was there were no set rates for account work it was clocked as a normal job and then you would hand your weekly sheet in and it would have 5% taken off and you would collect the cash the following week.

now what these account holders were charged i neither know nor care because it was not my business,but we used to get normal fare - 5%

well that seems fair, the other windup is being told you have to wait 45 days from the job for payment......when the schools pay 14 days EOM, it all maximises the base cash flow

the firm im on now been there years we check our credit sheet by the sunday and get paid on the thursday it used to be a tuesday but they moved it to buy themselves two days :lol: they dont take a percentage either,regardless of when they get paid I have never known them not pay the driver the next week....in all fairness apart from school runs we dont do a great deal of account work,well I dont

I avoid school runs now as well because they are an headache and in the time you do your school run its busy anyway for that hour or two, I dont feel I lose much if anything by not having one,even though i was happy for years with one