Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: FA CUP
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:32 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
well there were one or two surprises today I think scalp of the say goes to Brighton well done sussex !

I think Lutons win over Wolves is also a good scalp as well as Maclesfield's win over Cardiff

and well done Aston Villa I had them down for a home defeat against Ipswich !

Her's hoping Mansfield and Swansea keep up the good work tomorrow !

Post subject: Re: FA CUP
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:59 pm 

edders23 wrote:
well there were one or two surprises today I think scalp of the say goes to Brighton well done sussex !

I think Lutons win over Wolves is also a good scalp as well as Maclesfield's win over Cardiff

and well done Aston Villa I had them down for a home defeat against Ipswich !

Her's hoping Mansfield and Swansea keep up the good work tomorrow !

I'll be cheering on Mansfield if my ticket supplier comes off in the morning. It's not bad is it, you've been to most of the games at home yet I couldn't get a ticket. I bet there won't be 5000 Mansfield fans in that ground tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:39 pm 

we had a decent draw at fulham i thought

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:46 am 

Cardiff rested the entire first team! Tbh whilst it would have been nice to have won......I am honestly glad that - we are out. The premier league is the aim, and with the small squad that they have, then we will give Wembley a miss this year.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:52 pm 

cabby john wrote:
Cardiff rested the entire first team! Tbh whilst it would have been nice to have won......I am honestly glad that - we are out. The premier league is the aim, and with the small squad that they have, then we will give Wembley a miss this year.

For how many years has the premier league been Cardiff's dream ? I wish them luck but they'll need it !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:34 pm 

edders23 wrote:
cabby john wrote:

For how many years has the premier league been Cardiff's dream ? I wish them luck but they'll need it !

Far, far, too long. As you can imagine they are analysing the points scenario needed to achieve,and also illustrating teams who have been half a street ahead of the pack - only to falter as the nerves set in.

I honestly believe that their present manager (Malky Mackay) will, with or without them, go on to manage a top side. He looks the part, has a great repartee with the fans, and is eager to learn and try new techniques. His main downfall as far as I am concerned is that he changes the tactics quite drastically when playing away. The away record is not that clever which might cost them, however they had a great festive season return of 4 out of 4 wins. Having said that he approaches every match in a singular manner and will keep their feet firmly on the ground.

I am not convinced that they are playing like a top side should do - but they are winning. Providing that they can stay away from injuries and as indicated by yourself have plenty of luck - then they should go pretty close.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:36 pm 

edders23 wrote:
goes to Brighton well done sussex !

What more could I have wished for, beat the Captains team, and enjoyed a nice new breakfast pie. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:27 pm 

Cheated by the grief whores, Suarez handballs into the net for a goal.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:05 pm 

Sussex wrote:
edders23 wrote:

What more could I have wished for, beat the Captains team, and enjoyed a nice new breakfast pie. :D

Things have just got even better for the Seagulls!! bring on Swansea or Arsenal, we don't care! :D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:52 pm 

Skiman wrote:
Sussex wrote:
edders23 wrote:

Things have just got even better for the Seagulls!! bring on Swansea or Arsenal, we don't care! :D :D :D :D :D

The Gunners or the Sheep Shaggers will have no trouble with the Brighton fellatio artists he he :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:34 pm 

Image[/quote]

Things have just got even better for the Seagulls!! bring on Swansea or Arsenal, we don't care! :D :D :D :D :D[/quote]

The Gunners or the Sheep Shaggers will have no trouble with the Brighton fellatio artists he he :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:[/quote]
Surely law of averages means your gonna win something soon ! Wenger must have the cushiest jobs in football,no pressure to win anything :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:00 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:
Cheated by the grief whores, Suarez handballs into the net for a goal.

As an ex referee, you have to start by saying did the ref or his assistant have a clear view of the incident. I don't think that the assistant could have had a clear view. I don't know what view the ref had. Assuming that the ref had a clear view the question is did the ball strike the arm or did the player deliberatly use his arm to play the ball? If in the refs opinion the ball struck the arm then, even though the player got a clear advantage from this, it is not hand ball. My personal view is that I would have given hand ball.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:57 pm 

refs are human beings like the rest of us sometimes they make a mistake it's always annoying for the team on the wrong end of it BUT that's football

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:35 pm 

edders23 wrote:
refs are human beings like the rest of us sometimes they make a mistake it's always annoying for the team on the wrong end of it BUT that's football

In all the years that I was a ref I don't recall a player, manager or a supporter ever saying "hey ref, you're only human". :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:29 pm 

Thankless job,one down from a traffic warden :D