Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Oct 28, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:23 am 

I took my dbs check to the council last friday,the 1st.Using the online tracking this week it showed the steps completed by the 6th were up to the police search,just checked again and it says the results have been dispatched on the 7th....all stages completed within 7 days :shock:

Is this new speedier service common,I've been getting these checks for years and they always take weeks sometimes months

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:20 am 

gbone wrote:
I took my dbs check to the council last friday,the 1st.Using the online tracking this week it showed the steps completed by the 6th were up to the police search,just checked again and it says the results have been dispatched on the 7th....all stages completed within 7 days :shock:

Is this new speedier service common,I've been getting these checks for years and they always take weeks sometimes months

I've been waiting 6 weeks for my DVLA check to come back.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:27 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:
gbone wrote:

this is why i dont understand how mine has been sorted so quickly,quickest ive ever had before was maybe 3 weeks

ironically im in no rush for it this time either...when i started a new badge after being on the sick that was the hold up and took over two months :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:54 pm 

gbone wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:
gbone wrote:

this is why i dont understand how mine has been sorted so quickly,quickest ive ever had before was maybe 3 weeks

ironically im in no rush for it this time either...when i started a new badge after being on the sick that was the hold up and took over two months :lol:

I got the CRB back in 14 days, the DVLA check on the other hand is proving to be another mare like last year.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:47 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:

I got the CRB back in 14 days, the DVLA check on the other hand is proving to be another mare like last year.

i dont know anything about the DVLA check ive been badged for many years and wasnt even aware of it

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:59 am 

gbone wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:

i dont know anything about the DVLA check ive been badged for many years and wasnt even aware of it

You should have a DVLA check every 3 years, ours is every year because they're inpet.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:37 am 

What's the DVLA check? they don't seem to do it here.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:22 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
the dvla check is for motoring convictions as far as I am aware our council does this but don't delay issueing a badge for it but if any anomaly crops up you have to go before the committee to explain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:18 pm 

roythebus wrote:
What's the DVLA check? they don't seem to do it here.

There are a number of people who will check out that your DVLA license is above board, and the amount of points you declare on your application is also correct.

Bit like a mini CRB for your motoring convictions.