Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:05 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Haven't been for a few months we are getting asked less and less often for EMA but went over today to pick my dad up who has just had a couple of weeks in Portugal.

They are remodelling the place again !!!! The arrivals lounge now has the big pair of double doors leading out towards the car park locked up and a pair of smaller doors leading to a building site which you have to negotiate your way around AMT coffee has been removed and greggs the bakers is the only outlet left ( I cannot stand coffee made with long life milk :sad: ) there seems to be a much smaller number of flights using the place and for some reason the train information was displaying the listings for Littlehampton. The place is going down hill rapidly in my opinion it used to be one of the best airports to pick up from now it has become about the worst !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:07 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Haven't been for a few months we are getting asked less and less often for EMA but went over today to pick my dad up who has just had a couple of weeks in Portugal.

They are remodelling the place again !!!! The arrivals lounge now has the big pair of double doors leading out towards the car park locked up and a pair of smaller doors leading to a building site which you have to negotiate your way around AMT coffee has been removed and greggs the bakers is the only outlet left ( I cannot stand coffee made with long life milk :sad: ) there seems to be a much smaller number of flights using the place and for some reason the train information was displaying the listings for Littlehampton. The place is going down hill rapidly in my opinion it used to be one of the best airports to pick up from now it has become about the worst !

Don't forget the Arrow "taxi" booking desk in the arrivals hall next to the exit. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:11 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:

Don't forget the Arrow "taxi" booking desk in the arrivals hall next to the exit. :wink:

Oh yes there were more staff manning that than people in the arrivals hall (almost)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:03 am 

I've not been since last year, its a hell hole and wants nuking. The only time I go is for mates and family and then they go on my rates and not the firms rate of £32.