Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Oct 28, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Raging blizzard here
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:47 pm 

Just had a call from a woman who lives at the top of the steepest hill in the town, where do you want to go? to the next steepest hill in the town about a mile away, I said wait a mo, looked outside and we have 3 inches of snow,and a blizzard, just said sorry Rudolph does not want to come out to play, and I have a car not a bloody sledge, dont think she was to happy

Post subject: Re: Raging blizzard here
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:12 pm 

its the same up here and its not meant to lighten off either think i might have a day off tomorrow and my school contract it off too. and don't reject customers like that or you wont be seeing them again

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:17 pm 

United Taxis 11 wrote:
and don't reject customers like that or you wont be seeing them again

I suspect she uses him because he is cheap.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:27 pm 

http://www.facebook.com/#!/sbcouncil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:06 pm 

skippy41 wrote:
Just had a call from a woman who lives at the top of the steepest hill in the town, where do you want to go? to the next steepest hill in the town about a mile away, I said wait a mo, looked outside and we have 3 inches of snow,and a blizzard, just said sorry Rudolph does not want to come out to play, and I have a car not a bloody sledge, dont think she was to happy

I'm sure SWMBO is delighted to have you under her feet :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:21 pm 

its getting heavier up here and the forcast is showing heavy snow right through to 8 AM think the superb will be staying were she is tommorow unless the council bother to get the snow ploughs and gritters out but knowing them they will send them out when its all gone but it is quite heavy up here and a few inches high Image

this pic was taken about 20 mins later

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:13 am 

No snow here on Romney Marsh... but last week when we had snow, we had the busiest day for months as we were the only ones running here! Lucky we had winter tyres fitted a few months ago. :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:20 am 

That is so awful.....I feel so guilty at not sharing your Snow/Freezing weather!! We had a day of sunshine and NO central heating on - well!! not until about 17.00 ish .....so unfair :roll:

We also had to put up with all day about the WELSH RUGBY team :roll: who played some unfortunate team off of the park - just so boring :roll: and the sunshine to deal with as well - aint life a bitch :lol:..................look on the bright side of life - you did not get the wooden spoon :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:01 am 

The cab is under there somewhere

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:12 am 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:39 am 

skippy41 wrote:

I bet she has her own car but wanted you to take all the risk - for a couple of quid. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:48 am 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2648928 eusasmiles.zip eusasmiles.zip

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:53 am 

skippy41 wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2648928 eusasmiles.zip eusasmiles.zip

roughly the same here for a few more hours
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2633765

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:54 am 

toffeeboy wrote:
skippy41 wrote:

I bet she has her own car but wanted you to take all the risk - for a couple of quid. :lol:

She normally walks everywhere, only calls a cab when the weather is bad, I am not going to risk my cab for no one in this weather, even if I had winter tyres on

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:04 am 

skippy41 wrote:
toffeeboy wrote:
skippy41 wrote:

She normally walks everywhere, only calls a cab when the weather is bad, I am not going to risk my cab for no one in this weather, even if I had winter tyres on

same here too slippery and went and signed on earlier on to see how many taxis we had on and out of nearly 300 we have just over 30 and the work is aparently quite busy but my taxi will be staying where it is today and should hopefully be clear for tomorrow, skippy have you got driveway? always the best place for them in 2006 i stopped in at my house for the toilet, left the octavia on the road for 2 mins, run back out and go to the rank (had my general at this time) was talking to a driver and he says "Denis what happened to the side of your taxi" run round and see that the front inside and rear door have been scraped right down, was totaly shocked and was £600 to repair and was probebly one on those mad bus drivers so now i always park in the driveway

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next