Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 8:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: OK then get this one.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:08 pm 

My motor has been off the road for a week having a minor dent done on the wing when a woman driver pulled out on me in January. I've had a lease Mondeo which was plated by the lease company at the Council last week at a cost of £279.00. They've used my Hackney number for the new lease motor while mine was off the road.

I've gone to the Council this morning to give the lease plate back to the Council and get my own plate back and put my motor back on the road, they've told me that I've got to have "ANOTHER" full Council Test at full cost. It was only tested last month FFS.

No wonder they can afford to give bonuses out every year FFS.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:11 pm 

And there was me thinking it was just my council.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:45 pm 

theres 2 of yer being wanked off WOT YER GONNA DO ABOUT IT"...........OH I KNOW CRY ON HERE .............TOSSERS :lol: :lol:

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:05 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:
My motor has been off the road for a week having a minor dent done on the wing when a woman driver pulled out on me in January. I've had a lease Mondeo which was plated by the lease company at the Council last week at a cost of £279.00. They've used my Hackney number for the new lease motor while mine was off the road.

I've gone to the Council this morning to give the lease plate back to the Council and get my own plate back and put my motor back on the road, they've told me that I've got to have "ANOTHER" full Council Test at full cost. It was only tested last month FFS.

Is it all part of the insurance claim? If so you add it to their bill.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:20 pm 

trotskys twin wrote:
theres 2 of yer being wanked off WOT YER GONNA DO ABOUT IT"...........OH I KNOW CRY ON HERE .............TOSSERS :lol: :lol:

I am doing plenty, thank you very much. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:24 pm 

grandad wrote:
trotskys twin wrote:

I am doing plenty, thank you very much. :wink:

GOOD aint got you down as a groveller . =D> =D> =D>

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:03 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:

The test for my motor won't be part of the claim because there wasn't any considerable damage to the car which effected it's running, it was only a dented wing and very slight bumper damage.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:12 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:
captain cab wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:

But if thats part of the accident you can recoup that loss.

The test for my motor won't be part of the claim because there wasn't any considerable damage to the car which effected it's running, it was only a dented wing and very slight bumper damage.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:21 pm 

Is there a precedent for this? Is this in your licence details? Do you have a Policy & Conditions document that this can be referred to?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:07 pm 

I had similar a couple years back, but I had all my costs covered. Testing of replacement, cost of paperwork changes to "new vehicle" and the same for returning plate to my car. So I would get on to whoever supplied the Mondeo. They'll only add it to the 3rd party bill in any case.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:41 pm 

As your retest fee is a result of your accident (ie. Would not have occurred but for the accident) you should be able to recover this as an 'uninsured loss.'

If you were one of our clients we would be looking to recoup this for you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:08 pm 

I think they were wrong to use your plate, they should have used a new plate? By using your plate, and looking at there rules you can't put that vehicle back on as its older than the hire car? I think it says the vehicle has to be newer than the one it's replacing? It appears they are charging you for a year again? So they should refund part of the old licence? Seems a very strange way of doing things.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:11 pm 

mancityfan wrote:
Seems a very strange way of doing things.

Its Sutton in Ashfield - he was lucky they let him out of the council building alive

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:07 pm 

mancityfan wrote:
I think they were wrong to use your plate, they should have used a new plate? By using your plate, and looking at there rules you can't put that vehicle back on as its older than the hire car? I think it says the vehicle has to be newer than the one it's replacing? It appears they are charging you for a year again? So they should refund part of the old licence? Seems a very strange way of doing things.

They tested the 62 plate hire car with the Registration of the hire car, my plate got held by the Council because they wouldn't allow two Hackney plate numbers 01 outside of the Council building at any one time. When I went to hand the plate back in for the hire car and get my plate back they told me I needed another FULL test even though it was tested last month.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:17 am 

all costs caused by the 3rd party are chargeable, signs/new meters, re fitting bluetooth, etc, etc