Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:50 pm 

Stuck it here as it's not really news, but this is a youtube of an interaction with an officer from Susses Police and a B&H cabby on bonfire night, I think.

Loads I could say, but not sure I can. Other to say that some people really need to engage in a civil manner with the trade, and when someone points out clear and credible evidence to you, then as a police officer you really should take note and not waffle.

Please watch the whole clip, as at the end we are told exactly how this matter concludes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NhcAt3uB4Q

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:06 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
and the driver wasn't a little aggressive towards the police officer ?

Might prove to be a mistake putting the footage out in the public domain as it may not now be permitted as court evidence

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:32 am 

edders23 wrote:

Might prove to be a mistake putting the footage out in the public domain as it may not now be permitted as court evidence

Guessing you didn’t watch the whole clip?

Maybe the driver was exacerbated by the lack of common sense shown by the officer when he was shown clear and credible evidence that no offence occurred.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:52 am 

And as an aside, all evidence is evidence, and that includes video footage put on YouTube.

As long as that evidence is served in good time to the other side then there is no problem.

If the other side take issue with it they can share those issues with the court, and the court will decide of the weight they give to that evidence.

There is nothing I saw on that YouTube clip that should concern a court, it is an accurate account of what took place. If anything a court would welcome evidence such as that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:04 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Sussex wrote:
edders23 wrote:

Guessing you didn’t watch the whole clip?

Maybe the driver was exacerbated by the lack common sense shown by the officer when he was shown clear and credible evidence that no offence occurred.

Actually yes I did but the point I was making was that the driver did not help himself by constantly trying to prevent the officer from speaking and this could still have ended up in court with the officer being sued had the driver gone to a firm of NWNF solicitors

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:47 pm 

I’ve got a headache after watching that. :-#

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:06 pm 

Quote:
Actually yes I did but the point I was making was that the driver did not help himself by constantly trying to prevent the officer from speaking and this could still have ended up in court with the officer being sued had the driver gone to a firm of NWNF solicitors

The officer didn't need to do anything other than check the details of the driver. A summons could be sent via the post, or if the officer was that desperate he could deliver it himself.

However the officer seemed intent on giving the driver a fixed penalty ticket, and the driver decided, entirely legally, to refuse service of the ticket.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:37 pm 

All very messy and difficult for us who don't know the locus or precise police procedures to work out exactly what's going on.

And it's the kind of video I'd go through several times to take in all the necessary details, and rewind some bits etc, but it's just too long to consider going through it all with a fine tooth comb [-(

However, I agree with Edders that perhaps the driver didn't help matters by being a tad too belligerent. If the officer wouldn't look at the dashcam footage then perhaps he should have just recorded that fact, and maybe said to the officer that he'd lodge a formal complaint about him later, or waited till after the event and complained to a senior officer, or whatever.

But it's maybe this kind of thing that's why I try to avoid the police, and they generally avoid us. But, in turn, that's why I don't complain to police about stuff that goes on, because you don't know how they'll react, and that it all might misfire.

I mean, there's always something they could catch you out on if they considered that you were an inconvenience or nuisance.

It's maybe a bit like how they pursue folks for something daft that's been said on Twitter etc, knowing that it'll never get to court. But if you're arrested and your house searched etc, then that's punishment enough together with months of stress and worry until the case is dropped.

Punishment by process, I think it's called.

Anyway, that's getting a bit away from the B&H case, obviously, but just saying, like 8-[