Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:03 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
well lets face it Qatar would never have qualified except as hosts

First game a little boring Ecuador did enough to get a comfortable win although a few chances went begging including a certain premier league player missing an absolute sitter except that he was offside anyway :lol:

the disallowed goal earlier I thought a bit harsh as it turned out to be a bit of his knee just ahead of defenders legs but VAR decided offside

I suspect Sussex was the only other member on here watching but if you did watch what do you reckon ?

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:28 pm 

Quote:
I suspect Sussex was the only other member on here watching but if you did watch what do you reckon ?

Ecuador could have won by half a dozen or more if they upped the pressure, but the home team played as if they were winning four-nil.

Must have broken the Qutaries' hearts to be beaten by a team full of players from the bender capital of Europe. \:D/ \:D/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:20 pm 

I think playing this tournament at this time of year suits England the players aren't knackered after a hard season and it showed in the performance

But to give that penalty at the end but ignore Macguire getting bundled over in the box near the start suggests the refereeing at the tournament might be a bit inconsistent

lets see what the welsh can do later from England's perspective a draw would be nice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:01 pm 

edders23 wrote:
I think playing this tournament at this time of year suits England the players aren't knackered after a hard season and it showed in the performance

But to give that penalty at the end but ignore Macguire getting bundled over in the box near the start suggests the refereeing at the tournament might be a bit inconsistent

lets see what the welsh can do later from England's perspective a draw would be nice

Well I want a win for Wales. I’ve always admired the nation of Wales, ever since I drew them in the pub sweepstake on Saturday…

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:08 pm 

jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:

Well I want a win for Wales. I’ve always admired the nation of Wales, ever since I drew them in the pub sweepstake on Saturday…

well the commentators think they are in with a chance against the USA so we'll see

as for the Dutch very poor they didn't deserve to win

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:08 pm 

defo a game of two halves

1st half wales out classed second half they seemed to find their shape and played with more passion

and just 1 point each :D so England 2 points clear after 1 game so we could be through on Friday

I have to say though that the Americans are the most colourful fans with so many in fancy dress

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:52 pm 

Weird coincidence,or what?

My parents married on the 4th July 1940. Their golden wedding anniversary was on the 4th July 1990, which was the date of the semi final between England and Italy, which we lost on penalties.

I married on the 9th December 1972 our golden wedding will be on the 9th December, which is the date of the first Quarter finals, which England will be playing in, if they finish second in the group.
Extra time, penalties, and out all over again, not to mention ANOTHER golden wedding party fouled up!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:44 am 

jimbo wrote:
Weird coincidence,or what?

My parents married on the 4th July 1940. Their golden wedding anniversary was on the 4th July 1990, which was the date of the semi final between England and Italy, which we lost on penalties.

I married on the 9th December 1972 our golden wedding will be on the 9th December, which is the date of the first Quarter finals, which England will be playing in, if they finish second in the group.
Extra time, penalties, and out all over again, not to mention ANOTHER golden wedding party fouled up!

victory on Friday and they will finish 1st in the group and this is the most positive England world cup team I have seen so I think they will go for it

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:08 pm 

didn't see earlier games as I had a funeral to attend but caught most of Mexico Poland

Poland decent well organised Mexico clearly talented but lacking that ability to shoot on target. I doubt Argentina will be worried despite their usual slow start

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:36 pm 

Argentian should have been 4 or 5 up, but they blew it. \:D/

Think teams like them and the USA need to realise the game has two halves, not just the one.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:03 pm 

After this mornings bore draw we got a really exciting game one of the best so far great result for Japan ! and Germans have got Spain next 8-[

you have to feel sorry for Costa Rica they were up against the side which have so far looked the most impressive and I think will be the bookies favourites tomorrow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:22 pm 

Quote:
you have to feel sorry for Costa Rica they were up against the side which have so far looked the most impressive and I think will be the bookies favourites tomorrow

I think Spain was made to look good by a dreadful Costa Rica team, akin to the way Iran made England look so good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:35 am 

watched bits of the games yesterday and got bored but the Portugal game livened up in the second half it seems

I did watch Brazil and Serbia but I felt Serbia had been playing for a draw and that backfired so once Brazil got their first goal they were unstoppable. Another team that looks really good

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:12 pm 

Doesn’t help your cause when your keeper kung fu kicks one of the opponents.

But the Welsh didn’t deserve to get anything in that game.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:26 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Doesn’t help your cause when your keeper kung fu kicks one of the opponents.

But the Welsh didn’t deserve to get anything in that game.

I couldn't believe it when the ref only got the yellow card out at first. I hope England win tonight because the Welsh could be really up for it next Tuesday.