Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Kerching
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:27 pm 

WOLVERHAMPTON OPERATORS AND DRIVERS GIVEN NOTICE OF RISES AND DROPS FOR FEES

The cost of running a Wolverhampton-licensed taxi is changing as adjustments are made to fees.
Wolverhampton Council has made an announcement under the LGMPA 1976 S70 around the licence fees for hackney carriages, private hire vehicles and operator licence fees.

The Express and Star reports that the proposed fees will be set for either one year or five years and have seen drops in fees from the 2022/2023 financial year, but also a rise for testing.

For large private hire operators, which are described as organisations having more than four vehicles, the initial fee for one year would be £1,000, down from £1,077.

An annual renewal would be £750, down from £785 and a five-year renewal of £3,000, down from £3,140.
Small private hire operators, which have four vehicles or less, will also have an initial fee for one year of £1,000, down from £1,077.

They would have an annual renewal of £150 and a five-year renewal of £500, which remain the same from the previous year.

For hackney carriage drivers, a one-year fee for vehicles up to 16-years-old will be £125, down from £135, while a fast track for new licences or a renewal will be £180.

An exceptional 'condition assessment', which is required for vehicles aged older than 16, will be £120, with an assessment required every six months, which remain the same.

For private hire drivers, a one-year fee for vehicles up to 10-years-old will be £125, down from £135, while vehicles aged older than 10 and under 12-years-old will have a six-month fee of £125, with a fast track fee for new licences or renewals being £180, which remains the same.

Finally, the fee for council approved VOSA registered garages for hackney carriage and private hire vehicle testing facilities will be set at £200, a rise of £50 from the previous year.

Wolverhampton Council has publicised the changes through the public notices as part its legal requirement.
It says a copy of the notice can be inspected without payment during normal office hours at the Licensing Service at Wolverhampton Civic Centre and said that any objections to the proposed variations should be made in writing or via email by February 28.

Post subject: Re: Kerching
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:38 pm 

It's like de-ja-vu all over again. I am sure I read this in the news section this morning.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:33 pm 

what does this mean? PH ops licence?

Quote:
For large private hire operators, which are described as organisations having more than four vehicles, the initial fee for one year would be £1,000, down from £1,077.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:41 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
what does this mean? PH ops licence?

Maybe PH ops license. 8-[