Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:19 pm 

silvercab wrote:
This is the perfect fix for them; derestrict once, put up with the disruption for 12 months and re-restrict; No more plate values and control of numbers in one foul swoop!

In many council reports plate values are mentioned, and I agree many councils would love to be rid of them but still restrict.

Those councils would now be able to do something about it, and I can see no reason why they couldn't derestrict and re-restrict at the same meeting.

I think where the LC have missed a minor point on this issue, is where the proposed non transferable plates rules haven't included new plates, where those plates are issued via a demand assessment.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:11 am 

Sussex wrote:
and I can see no reason why they couldn't derestrict and re-restrict at the same meeting.

They wouldn't do that would they, these public servant paragons of virtue?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:23 am 

Well be worried people as the start of full deregulation & by the way that means self regulation which is no regulation at all & it starts here in Northern Ireland january 2015 and it is one thing only, money talks and the wee man walks sorry to say from now on also all present hackney cabs in Northern Ireland has 5 years grandfather rights so no more going to England Scotland or Wales to purchase second hand vehicles from now on the only ones that can be relicenced is the vehicles presently Licenced the only new vehicles to meet the new specification is the Ford Transit Toureno the next to meet it will be Nissan N8 / Vauxhall vivaro size and who knows what the Village Idiots will think up next eusasmiles.zip eusasmiles.zip eusasmiles.zip very very sad indeed. possibly to be continued.