Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:13 pm
Posts: 436
Eyop Sheffield city council is going to give us another£500, amazing


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:26 pm
Posts: 8309
rayggb wrote:
Eyop Sheffield city council is going to give us another£500, amazing

How much did you get before

_________________
Justice for the 96. It has only taken 27 years...........repeat the same lies for 27 years and the truth sounds strange to people!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:32 pm
Posts: 318
How do you actually go about getting these grants ? ,its not as if you can phone your local council
everything is done online. I have had a look ,and to be honest im lost in all the jargon .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 47185
Location: 1066 Country
youbeenbusy wrote:
How do you actually go about getting these grants ? ,its not as if you can phone your local council
everything is done online. I have had a look ,and to be honest im lost in all the jargon .

Think that's part of the plan. :sad:

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 pm
Posts: 18599
youbeenbusy wrote:
How do you actually go about getting these grants ? ,its not as if you can phone your local council
everything is done online. I have had a look ,and to be honest im lost in all the jargon .
On our Council web site there is a box called Covid support that opens all the different support schemes.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 5:33 am
Posts: 7034
youbeenbusy wrote:
How do you actually go about getting these grants ? ,its not as if you can phone your local council
everything is done online. I have had a look ,and to be honest im lost in all the jargon .

If you're a grassroots driver in England then I doubt if there's much support available, unfortunately, apart from the SEISS grants for the self-employed from HM Government.

Some individual councils have offered support to grassroots drivers, but I'm guessing they're just a small minority of local authorities. And if your own council did offer such assistance, I'm sure you would have heard about it by now. And I suspect too that the application process wouldn't be particularly difficult.

But the fact that you're asking on here mabye suggests that there's nothing readily available from your council - if, for example, other drivers in your area were able to claim something then you'd probably know about it by now.

Don't take my word for it, though, but I wouldn't get your hopes up :-|


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:26 pm
Posts: 8309
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-if-yo ... ions-grant

Go to your MP and ask him why your council is not supporting your taxi trade when they have had the money from the gov
The Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) provides local councils with grant funding to support closed businesses that do not directly pay business rates as well as businesses that do not have to close but which are impacted. In addition, larger grants can be given than those made through LRSG (Closed).

Local councils can determine which businesses to target and determine the amount of funding from the ARG.

_________________
Justice for the 96. It has only taken 27 years...........repeat the same lies for 27 years and the truth sounds strange to people!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 pm
Posts: 18599
MR T wrote:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-if-youre-eligible-for-the-coronavirus-additional-restrictions-grant

Go to your MP and ask him why your council is not supporting your taxi trade when they have had the money from the gov
The Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) provides local councils with grant funding to support closed businesses that do not directly pay business rates as well as businesses that do not have to close but which are impacted. In addition, larger grants can be given than those made through LRSG (Closed).

Local councils can determine which businesses to target and determine the amount of funding from the ARG.

Our council passed 200 grants this week including Additional restrictions grants. i know that several hackney owner/drivers applied but I have not yet heard the outcome. All I know is that our application was approved but I have not had confirmation of how much we have been awarded. i was told that the grant should be in our bank by Tuesday next week.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:32 pm
Posts: 318
I have had a look at my councils website it does indeed have a ARG grant available . It will pay out to self employed
poeple with fixed costs ,but i dont really have fixed costs as i pay my insurance ,breakdown cover and such upfront.
Though upto Christmas i used to pay £90 a week to my plate owner , but that is now stopped as im a plate owner
as i bought a plate on Christmas week.
I might have a word with other drivers and see if they know if grants are available to drivers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:56 pm
Posts: 2158
MR T wrote:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-if-youre-eligible-for-the-coronavirus-additional-restrictions-grant

Go to your MP and ask him why your council is not supporting your taxi trade when they have had the money from the gov
The Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) provides local councils with grant funding to support closed businesses that do not directly pay business rates as well as businesses that do not have to close but which are impacted. In addition, larger grants can be given than those made through LRSG (Closed).

Local councils can determine which businesses to target and determine the amount of funding from the ARG.


Most Labour Councils are ignoring helping the trade, North Tyneside is one, Sunderland and Durham are paying drivers a one off grant of £500 from Monday 1st February.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:26 pm
Posts: 8309
heathcote wrote:
MR T wrote:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-if-youre-eligible-for-the-coronavirus-additional-restrictions-grant

Go to your MP and ask him why your council is not supporting your taxi trade when they have had the money from the gov
The Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) provides local councils with grant funding to support closed businesses that do not directly pay business rates as well as businesses that do not have to close but which are impacted. In addition, larger grants can be given than those made through LRSG (Closed).

Local councils can determine which businesses to target and determine the amount of funding from the ARG.


Most Labour Councils are ignoring helping the trade, North Tyneside is one, Sunderland and Durham are paying drivers a one off grant of £500 from Monday 1st February.



Name and shame them ..... Put them them in the local papers ...... I am

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/taxi-drivers-risking-lives-27p-19712597


https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... p-19712597

_________________
Justice for the 96. It has only taken 27 years...........repeat the same lies for 27 years and the truth sounds strange to people!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:25 pm
Posts: 37016
Location: Wayneistan
heathcote wrote:

Most Labour Councils are ignoring helping the trade, North Tyneside is one, Sunderland and Durham are paying drivers a one off grant of £500 from Monday 1st February.


Labour seem to be trying to make political capital out of this [edited by admin]

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:26 pm
Posts: 8309
[quote="youbeenbusy"]I have had a look at my councils website it does indeed have a ARG grant available . It will pay out to self employed
poeple with fixed costs ,but i dont really have fixed costs as i pay my insurance ,breakdown cover and such upfront.
Though upto Christmas i used to pay £90 a week to my plate owner , but that is now stopped as im a plate owner
as i bought a plate on Christmas week.


You do have fixed costs

_________________
Justice for the 96. It has only taken 27 years...........repeat the same lies for 27 years and the truth sounds strange to people!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 pm
Posts: 18599
MR T wrote:
youbeenbusy wrote:
I have had a look at my councils website it does indeed have a ARG grant available . It will pay out to self employed
poeple with fixed costs ,but i dont really have fixed costs as i pay my insurance ,breakdown cover and such upfront.
Though upto Christmas i used to pay £90 a week to my plate owner , but that is now stopped as im a plate owner
as i bought a plate on Christmas week.


You do have fixed costs

Just because you pay them up front does not mean that you can't claim for them pro rata.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:26 pm
Posts: 8309
grandad wrote:
MR T wrote:
youbeenbusy wrote:
I have had a look at my councils website it does indeed have a ARG grant available . It will pay out to self employed
poeple with fixed costs ,but i dont really have fixed costs as i pay my insurance ,breakdown cover and such upfront.
Though upto Christmas i used to pay £90 a week to my plate owner , but that is now stopped as im a plate owner
as i bought a plate on Christmas week.


You do have fixed costs

Just because you pay them up front does not mean that you can't claim for them pro rata.

You tell him

_________________
Justice for the 96. It has only taken 27 years...........repeat the same lies for 27 years and the truth sounds strange to people!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 76 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group