Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:44 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Spot the blatant journalistic inaacuracies

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/money/12542180/singing-cabbie-named-scotlands-best-taxi-edinburgh/

A VIRAL singing cabbie has been hailed Scotland's "best taxi driver" by punters.

Rolf White, from Edinburgh, started working as a private hire driver for Uber four years ago.

The musical driver says he loves entertaining riders with his unusual style
Rolf adds a special touch by greeting passengers in a kilt or a tartan waistcoat

The cabbie revealed a compartment filled with Tampax tampons and Durex condomsCredit: Instagram/whatlorrieats

The 42-year-old has gone viral on social media with passengers loving his party spirit.

A clip posted by Lorri Boyle on Instagram shows Rolf performing a lively rendition of hit Paolo Nutini song Pencil Full of Lead during one journey.

The cabbie surprises his passengers when he reveals a compartment from the car ceiling filled with Tampax tampons and Durex condoms.

Hailing the driver "the world's best", Lorri captioned the hilarious clip: "This was not what we expected when we got into Rolf's car last night!"

GOING GONE 'You're joking' cry customers as discount retailer confirms more store closures
Speaking to The Scottish Sun, the musical driver says he loves entertaining riders with his unusual style.

Rolf, who uses the handle @RolfsRides on Instagram, said: "I was a singer years ago and I was in a heavy rock band.

"I'm a very social person. I love my job, I love singing and I love driving. I thought it would be good to combine the two and get some exposure in the taxi.

"It's much more fun for me when I'm doing my job if other people are having a good time.

"I'm just trying to do something different.

"I'm like a lyrics database, there's a lot of songs I can sing."

Rolf adds a special touch to his service by greeting passengers in a kilt or a tartan waistcoat.

He added: "When I pull up and open the door to the passengers they turn to each other as if to say 'what have you ordered?'

"But I think they are generally just in awe.

"I work at night so I get a lot of students and the party crowd. I get out and open doors for the passengers, I wear my kilt at the weekend, and I try and wear my suit throughout the week with my tartan waistcoat.

"At the end of the day it's a business. There are a lot of other Uber drivers who don't speak to their passengers.

"It's an opportunity to meet people and be social and have a bit of fun while you're at work."

The cabbie says he is regularly contacted by punters who want to hire him for a journey.

He added: "I've been trying to sort out a booking system so hopefully that will be up and running soon."

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:50 pm 

bawbag

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:57 pm 

Quote:
The cabbie surprises his passengers when he reveals a compartment from the car ceiling filled with Tampax tampons and Durex condoms.

That is just creepy. [-(