It is currently Fri Oct 25, 2024 6:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: PCO NOTICE 23/04
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:40 pm 
PCO NOTICE 23/04

Transport for London
PUBLIC CARRIAGE OFFICE

Access to the Royal Parks by Licensed Private Hire Vehicles

Late last week it was brought to the attention of the Public Carriage Office that Royal Parks Constabulary officers were issuing fixed penalty notices (FPNs) to licensed private hire vehicles passing through the royal parks.

Under the Royal Parks and Other Open Spaces Regulation 1997, access to the parks is prohibited for vehicles used for trade or business unless specifically exempted. Private hire vehicles do not currently benefit from such an exemption and may not, therefore, use the royal parks.

On being advised of this problem the Public Carriage Office immediately sought to contact both the police commander of the Royal Parks Constabulary and the Parks Authority to seek to resolve this situation, in both the immediate and long term, for the benefit of the licensed private hire trade. A response is awaited from them but it has been made clear that this is extremely urgent.

Until any agreement is reached, however, there remains the risk that licensed vehicles passing through the park will be issued FPNs under the existing regulations.

Roy Ellis Head of the Public Carriage Office
29 September 2004

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:58 pm 
A couple of years ago there was a massive court case when a few mini-cabs firms objected to getting fined, when the black cab boys didn't.

The mini-cab boys lost. :sad:

The bit I can't understand is why the PCO didn't sort this out prior to licensing PH in London. It's not good sounding supportive now, they need to get moving.

We are all licensed now. \:D/

Post subject: Royal Parks
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:31 am 
Anonymous wrote:
A couple of years ago there was a massive court case when a few mini-cabs firms objected to getting fined, when the black cab boys didn't.

The mini-cab boys lost. :sad:

The bit I can't understand is why the PCO didn't sort this out prior to licensing PH in London. It's not good sounding supportive now, they need to get moving.

We are all licensed now. \:D/

The Queen has said she doesn't want the [edited by admin] that is PH in her parks.

Right en all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:59 am 
Yeah right Mr Dino.

I mean you often see the Queen in the back of a London Cab, she only let her son travel in one for once in his life.

But you always see her and her family traveling in top of the range motors, just like the ones licennsed by the quality end of our side of the trade.

Post subject: The Queens View
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:35 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Yeah right Mr Dino.

I mean you often see the Queen in the back of a London Cab, she only let her son travel in one for once in his life.

But you always see her and her family traveling in top of the range motors, just like the ones licennsed by the quality end of our side of the trade.

Don't matter whether she uses a cab or not.

She see's the lovely cabs with the civilised, well trained drivers go past her window and she likes it. She doesn't want to see the [edited by admin] that is PH going past, as she forgets that she is in England when they do. All the Sings, Pattels and Milosovitches getting lost and going round and round annoy and confuse her.

Post subject: Re: The Queens View
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:28 am 
Anonymous wrote:
She see's the lovely cabs with the civilised, well trained drivers go past her window and she likes it. She doesn't want to see the [edited by admin] that is PH going past, as she forgets that she is in England when they do. All the Sings, Pattels and Milosovitches getting lost and going round and round annoy and confuse her.

Lovely cabs !! Really ??

Since when has the TX been a lovely cab?

As for London LPH drivers, I agree they don't need 3 years of training to get their license, but they earn the same as the black cab boys.

So who's the bigger fool?

Post subject: Re: The Queens View
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:59 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Lovely cabs !! Really ??

Since when has the TX been a lovely cab?

As for London LPH drivers, I agree they don't need 3 years of training to get their license, but they earn the same as the black cab boys.

So who's the bigger fool?

The Queen loves em. She told me so over supper.

You are the bigger fool as I earned my license years ago and have got pots and pots of dosh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:06 am 

Anonymous wrote:
Yeah right Mr Dino.

Thats right, She's always in one of those chaufeur driven limo things! are they licenced in London?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:42 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Yeah right Mr Dino.

do you live in London?
if you did you will no doubt have seen her husband driving around in a battered old LTI

not all royals travel in top range cars, certainly her husband for one,

you show your ignorance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:24 am 
Look if you would prefer to drive around London in a £32,000 turtle, rather than a £32,000 Merc or BMW, then that's up to you.

If those things are so good, so safety conscious, so comfortable, so economical, so reliable, then you have to wonder why the rest of the world thinks they are the last thing they would buy.

Post subject: Twonk
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:22 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Look if you would prefer to drive around London in a £32,000 turtle, rather than a £32,000 Merc or BMW, then that's up to you.

If those things are so good, so safety conscious, so comfortable, so economical, so reliable, then you have to wonder why the rest of the world thinks they are the last thing they would buy.

It has little to do with the vehicle. It is the connection to the driver driving the vehicle you class A twonk

Post subject: Re: Twonk
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:24 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

It has little to do with the vehicle. It is the connection to the driver driving the vehicle you class A twonk

Too right a monkey is a monkey whether he drives a merc or not.

Post subject: Re: Twonk
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:44 pm 

Anonymous wrote:

So it has nothing to do with the vehicles it's the drivers that count?

Some of us have been saying that for years, and I more than welcome yet another convert. :D

But I like the turtle bit. :wink: