Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:45 am 
The first doblo in dundee is on and i don't agree with everyone calling it a fish van. It's cheap and cheerful wats wrong we that then eh! I will drive my doblo at christmas with my head held high and i will make a killing at half the cost of a euro 7 weehayyyyyyyyyyyy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:14 am 
well done bud ive not seen your vehicle yet but will look out for it still find it strange the council told me i could,nt put one on only last week but things do change quickly in dundee a few of the recently granted plates who have been shouting for years (open the town open the town )
now think there is enough wavs lets see what we could do about closing it
sort of stuff seems surveys /oft /203020 cout case are all things of the past now people have such short memories, i was in handys office today and noticed someone took down the letter from the scottish taxi federation telling everyone to ignore the oft stuff i wonder why?im
up in the january meeting and will be granted a plate and i will get it
one thing i wont be doing is spreading crap about surveys done within one month of the wav plates coming on and pretending that the hired plates/ oft/disabled entitled to 100 percent service has nothing to do with dundee councils decision to open the town, no no 20 or so wavs and the towns closed, or so some think im going to talk to jan goodall of the dundee accesible transport action group and let her know whats going on hey the disabled in dundee have had virtually no serice up till now surely they will be happy with a pittance of a service and in the end what could they do about it anyway?good luck with your doblo mate im on the drink sat if i see you ill try and flag you im a good tipper by the way....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:14 am 

willy wrote:
The first doblo in dundee is on and i don't agree with everyone calling it a fish van. It's cheap and cheerful wats wrong we that then eh! I will drive my doblo at christmas with my head held high and i will make a killing at half the cost of a euro 7 weehayyyyyyyyyyyy.

They may take the [edited by admin] over them, but ask a wheel chair bound customer if they would rather be taken home in one of them, or as is the case at the mo, not at all.

It's good news week !!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:16 pm 

willy wrote:

Good luck to the Doblo lads!!

I saw the story in the Telegraph online yesterday.

Have a look at the end, I dont think Mr DTOA seems to pleased :(

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/outpu ... 609t0.shtm

:) :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:20 pm 

Sorry scot, I didn't notice that you put the link up yesterday!

:oops: :D :oops: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:37 pm 

Nothing wrong with repeating good news. :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject: WAV`S IN DUNDEE
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:25 am 

A wee question for my forum colleagues,
if Dundee cabbies put, let`s say, fifty wav`s on in the next month or so and forty of them go on "the streets" and swerve working with any office,(i have spoken to approx.ten new plates this week who are not prepared to work with an office),how will this help the disabled customer who phones an office for a taxi and is told that they can`t have one as the situation has not changed cause the new licences are not working with offices,also what about the taxicard scheme,how`s that gonna work?.
please let me know the answer to these queries lad`s as the Dundee telegraph are dying to know the answers also.
:lol: :D BE HAPPY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:35 am 

Can any of the Dundee lad`s enlighten me about a rumour i heard this week.
A CERTAIN TAXI OPERATOR OF WAV`S AND A CERTAIN LADY WHO USED TO RUN A TAXI COMPANY IN B/FERRY ARE GETTING TOGETHER TO OPEN A WAV` AND SALOON TAXI COMPANY,WAS TOLD THEY HAVE PREMISES(WEST PITKERRO) AND HAVE 25 OPERATORS WHO WORK WITH 505050 GOING WITH THEM AND TWELVE NEW LICENCEE`S.THEY ARE INVESTING £150,000.00 AND ARE GOING FULL DATA AND ARE GOING TO GET ACCESS TO THE TAXICARD SCHEME. MY SOURCE IS A BIT OF A DREAMER BUT IS THERE ANY TRUTH IN THE RUMOUR,LET ME KNOW
:D BE HAPPY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:50 am 
i wouldnt be surprised if other offices did open up there is never a better time than when a city has just deregulated, i think you underestimsted the figure for wavs there is meant to be 80 applications waiting to be heard
(the last time ichecked there was 55 but that was before the council handed out letters to everyone on the waiting list telling them the town was open)add the 20 that are already granted thats 100 there wouldnt be enough street work to keep 30 of them ask any street car, also the cost would make this an unatractive choice as you would find it nearly impossible to get a driver wiling to work the steet unless the wavs could get themselves some council contracts or othere contracts i thin they will be stuck with office fees,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:23 pm 
scot wrote:
i wouldnt be surprised if other offices did open up there is never a better time than when a city has just deregulated, i think you underestimsted the figure for wavs there is meant to be 80 applications waiting to be heard
(the last time ichecked there was 55 but that was before the council handed out letters to everyone on the waiting list telling them the town was open)add the 20 that are already granted thats 100 there wouldnt be enough street work to keep 30 of them ask any street car, also the cost would make this an unatractive choice as you would find it nearly impossible to get a driver wiling to work the steet unless the wavs could get themselves some council contracts or othere contracts i thin they will be stuck with office fees,

I think your spot on Scot as that is exactly what happened in my area following dergulation.

Some people will accuse you of scare-mongering and will basically take the [edited by admin] out of you because your opinion is based on the reality certain members on here don't wish to understand.

Happy New Year

Post subject: Re: WAV`S IN DUNDEE
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:41 pm 

the villager wrote:
if Dundee cabbies put, let`s say, fifty wav`s on in the next month or so and forty of them go on "the streets" and swerve working with any office,(i have spoken to approx.ten new plates this week who are not prepared to work with an office),how will this help the disabled customer who phones an office for a taxi and is told that they can`t have one as the situation has not changed cause the new licences are not working with offices,also what about the taxicard scheme,how`s that gonna work?.

I would guess that at first, the new WAVs will be about 50/50 office/street.

I'm not sure about the taxi-card situation, but there is nothing stopping the non-office cars giving their mobile numbers to those needing to use a WAV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:44 pm 

The period following de-limitation is an excellent time to start up a new firm.

I wish you well.

Post subject: Re: WAV`S IN DUNDEE
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:27 am 

the villager wrote:
please let me know the answer to these queries lad`s as the Dundee telegraph are dying to know the answers also.
:lol: :D BE HAPPY

Yes, that was always one of the weaknesses in the Disability Discrimination Act - hypothetically at least, even with 100% taxis all might just want to work the streets (assuming the DDA didn't make them disappear altogether!), but then again the whole thing is pretty weak.

But no doubt it'll generate good headlines for the councillors in Dundee, which is the main concern after all!

Dusty :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:52 pm 
the villager wrote:
Can any of the Dundee lad`s enlighten me about a rumour i heard this week.
A CERTAIN TAXI OPERATOR OF WAV`S AND A CERTAIN LADY WHO USED TO RUN A TAXI COMPANY IN B/FERRY ARE GETTING TOGETHER TO OPEN A WAV` AND SALOON TAXI COMPANY,WAS TOLD THEY HAVE PREMISES(WEST PITKERRO) AND HAVE 25 OPERATORS WHO WORK WITH 505050 GOING WITH THEM AND TWELVE NEW LICENCEE`S.THEY ARE INVESTING £150,000.00 AND ARE GOING FULL DATA AND ARE GOING TO GET ACCESS TO THE TAXICARD SCHEME. MY SOURCE IS A BIT OF A DREAMER BUT IS THERE ANY TRUTH IN THE RUMOUR,LET ME KNOW
:D BE HAPPY

That sounds like Discovery taxis being started up again?

When 203020 got the taxicard scheme the 8 or so other wheelchair hackneys were stiill able to use the taxicard so the new plates will be able to do the same i presume.

By the way the courier said last week that David coutts is still owner of 505050 Taxis, so why does he have his yellow plates with the Marr's, or is that another d coutts????

Stu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:32 pm 
davie coutts or ex councilor coutts left 505050 over a year ago both his hacks work out of 203020 although i cant remember the last time i seen him behind the wheel of one....