Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:25 pm 

Parking firm 'doctored' photo evidence

A PARKING firm allegedly doctored photographic evidence after a driver challenged a £60 parking fine.

Father-of-two Kevin McGuire parked in the Market Place, Bury, to take a group of cadets on a Sunday day trip to Blackpool.

But when he came back, he had a parking ticket - even though he had parked in a bay where parking was free on Sundays and Bank Holidays.

Parking firm NCP claimed they had put up a sign the night before saying the free parking was being revoked - and produced two photographs showing the sign on the day before and the day he parked there to prove it.

But at an appeals hearing, parking adjudicator Sarah Breach concluded two photographs said to be taken on two different days were the same - but the date on one had been changed to destroy Mr McGuire's case.

The only difference between the photos submitted by NCP and Bury council were that one was black and white and one colour.

Ms Breach said in her written decision: "A careful comparison of these photographs . . . reveals they are the same.

"The cloud formation, in both, together with the angle, of the photograph, leaves me in no doubt.

"The only conclusion I can draw is that someone has altered the date on the black and white appeal photograph from 31.8.03 to 30.08.03."

She said she was satisfied NCP, who are contracted by Bury council, submitted a colour photograph and a black and white photograph to make it look like they were taken at different times.

She said: "I consider the council's conduct in resisting this appeal to be wholly unreasonable."

Mr McGuire, from Heywood, a a director of Barton Aerodrome, said: "Everything from the leaves on the trees and the picture angle was identical. It's pathetic that they thought submitting one black and white and one colour shot would work.

"I think it's disgusting."

A Bury council spokesman said that a joint investigation was under way.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:59 am 
Well,
Councils reguraly use the black and white colour trick.
ours used colour to show the attractions of our area to boost tourism, and black and white to show how tatty the area is and claim grant.,exactly the same shots

bet a pound to a penny the magistrate was a former councillor.