Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:43 pm 

trotskys twin wrote:
cabby john wrote:
trotskys twin wrote:
SO YOUR IN A PROFESSION WHERE YOU MIGHT WITH A BIT OF TRAINING BE ABLE TO MAYBE PREVENT A CHILD BEING MOLESTED MURDERD RAPED ETC WHY WOULD YOU OBJECT TO BEING ASSISTED IN THAT ??? .............................BEYOND ME HAVE YOU NO CONCERN FOR CHILDREN :?: :?:

It seems to me that we are being used as a tool for those who would like to "being seen to be doing something". Do you hear about teachers/bus drivers/carers/ etc HAVING to go on this course + as mentioned........what are the legal ramifications for a driver who thinks he/she has heard/seen something that leaves them open to being sued.

Legal ramifications are you MAD

to be honest John i find you despicable a course that could possibly assist you and other Drivers to possibly prevent children being killed and you bleat about legal ramifications go crawl into a sheeps assole you ponce!!

You criticise drivers for not sticking up for themselves....and then you criticise them when they do - I guess that there is no accounting for a double header #-o

It seems to have escaped your brain cell that people who actually get paid to do this have failed, they have also been prosecuted in some cases, they have also lost their jobs. Your precious Unions failed those who copped the flak......and then you condemn those who have no protection or qualifications etc who decline the unpaid task #-o

I have a daughter and grandchildren - they come first! if there was a way of helping unfortunate abused children without jeopardising my family.......then I would rip your arm off. If drivers are expected to inform on what they see/hear.........then they should have immunity from loss ofjob/ being sued! So why are your poxy Unions not insisting on that clause?

You really need to get back to the home - day release is too demanding for you to handle.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:22 pm 

Cabby John 1 wrote:
Quote:
all cab drivers should be required to be trained in this as part of their licensing conditions =D> =D>

Oh really! Teachers are with children 30 constant hours a week - how many have they spotted that have been abused/exploited? Going along with your "Yes they should be trained"! How many do you think that taxi drivers are going to spot in a 5/10/15 minute journey when they are concentrating on their driving?

It is no more than a buck passing/we are being seen to be doing something exercise.

i agree with this, if you thought something was up with a young kid how would you confront the parents then? in my experience young kids don't get a taxi on there own, what happens if you are wrong/the dad/mam/ gets offended, how would you approach the situation then ? probably end up getting a good shoeing off the dad & if you retaliate a meeting with the council :roll: , like i said , a load of utter nonsense

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:35 pm 

ven2112 wrote:
Cabby John 1 wrote:
Quote:
all cab drivers should be required to be trained in this as part of their licensing conditions =D> =D>

Oh really! Teachers are with children 30 constant hours a week - how many have they spotted that have been abused/exploited? Going along with your "Yes they should be trained"! How many do you think that taxi drivers are going to spot in a 5/10/15 minute journey when they are concentrating on their driving?

It is no more than a buck passing/we are being seen to be doing something exercise.

i agree with this, if you thought something was up with a young kid how would you confront the parents then? in my experience young kids don't get a taxi on there own, what happens if you are wrong/the dad/mam/ gets offended, how would you approach the situation then ? probably end up getting a good shoeing off the dad & if you retaliate a meeting with the council :roll: , like i said , a load of utter nonsense

Unbelievable do you really think you a cab driver would be trained to confront a parent ffs its about gathering information to pass onto the relevant authorities

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:41 pm 

It seems to me that we are being used as a tool for those who would like to "being seen to be doing something". Do you hear about teachers/bus drivers/carers/ etc HAVING to go on this course + as mentioned........what are the legal ramifications for a driver who thinks he/she has heard/seen something that leaves them open to being sued.[/quote]

to be honest John i find you despicable a course that could possibly assist you and other Drivers to possibly prevent children being killed and you bleat about legal ramifications go crawl into a sheeps assole you ponce!![/quote]

You criticise drivers for not sticking up for themselves....and then you criticise them when they do - I guess that there is no accounting for a double header #-o

It seems to have escaped your brain cell that people who actually get paid to do this have failed, they have also been prosecuted in some cases, they have also lost their jobs. Your precious Unions failed those who copped the flak......and then you condemn those who have no protection or qualifications etc who decline the unpaid task #-o

I have a daughter and grandchildren - they come first! if there was a way of helping unfortunate abused children without jeopardising my family.......then I would rip your arm off. If drivers are expected to inform on what they see/hear.........then they should have immunity from loss ofjob/ being sued! So why are your poxy Unions not insisting on that clause?

You really need to get back to the home - day release is too demanding for you to handle.[/quote]

edders being sued grow up idiot you wont be involveld its about gathering information reporting in confidence characteristics common to abusers #-o and ARE NATURALLY IMMUNE FROM PROSECUTION FFS

teachers are of course regularly briefed on this issue

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:08 pm 

For the benefit of the doubting Thomas regarding this training.

I have been on several courses not just as a TAXI proprietor/driver but as a school governor at the end of each training session you are given a list of contacts who you get in touch with if you have any doubts or concerns,it is always highlighted that you never confront anyone but report concerns.

As stated by previous posts on this subject it is a intelligence gathering exercise which teachers and others along with ourselves are participating in the hope we can prevent what has happened to many vulnerable people which has been brought into the public domain.

Do not ridicule those who support this training but grasp what it actually means and do it voluntarily as it will be mandatory in the not to distant future and some persons attitudes are going to have to change if they wish to remain in this trade.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:40 am 

heathcote wrote:

I have been on several courses not just as a TAXI proprietor/driver but as a school governor at the end of each training session you are given a list of contacts who you get in touch with if you have any doubts or concerns,it is always highlighted that you never confront anyone but report concerns.

As stated by previous posts on this subject it is a intelligence gathering exercise which teachers and others along with ourselves are participating in the hope we can prevent what has happened to many vulnerable people which has been brought into the public domain.

Do not ridicule those who support this training but grasp what it actually means and do it voluntarily as it will be mandatory in the not to distant future and some persons attitudes are going to have to change if they wish to remain in this trade.

Okay, for the man in the know, a question.

How many professions are actually going on the same course as taxi drivers i.e are school teachers,headmasters,lollipop ladies/men,school caretakers, school dinner ladies, bus drivers, police etc involved? I mention the police as they do not appear to be doing a very good job - what other professions are there taking part ? It is a relevant question as I feel that we are singled out as the cure for all ills in society.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:50 am 

trotskys twin wrote:
It seems to me that we are being used as a tool for those who would like to "being seen to be doing something". Do you hear about teachers/bus drivers/carers/ etc HAVING to go on this course + as mentioned........what are the legal ramifications for a driver who thinks he/she has heard/seen something that leaves them open to being sued.

to be honest John i find you despicable a course that could possibly assist you and other Drivers to possibly prevent children being killed and you bleat about legal ramifications go crawl into a sheeps assole you ponce!![/quote]

You really need to get back to the home - day release is too demanding for you to handle.[/quote]

edders being sued grow up idiot you wont be involveld its about gathering information reporting in confidence characteristics common to abusers #-o and ARE NATURALLY IMMUNE FROM PROSECUTION FFS

teachers are of course regularly briefed on this issue[/quote]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The eternal fountain of knowledge from the above post has just spoken :roll: Try sending the post to the right person....FOOL. #-o

I am coming from the angle of i.e whistle blowers have been sacked and hung out to dry FOR TELLING THE TRUTH by "gathering information and reporting supposedly in confidence". For you then to come out with the beauty of
Quote:
ARE NATURALLY IMMUNE FROM PROSECUTION
..........WHERE DID YOU SEE THAT ONE?

P.S. sorry about the poor quality of post (lack of cut and paste) from TT...I wish he would stay off of the sauce :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:33 pm 

heathcote wrote:

Exactly as school governor you have put it concisely well done that man Heathcote

I was a school governor many years ago this scheme was not then in action thank goodness it soon will be :D

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:36 pm 

Cabby John 1 wrote:
How many professions are actually going on the same course as taxi drivers i.e are school teachers,headmasters,lollipop ladies/men,school caretakers, school dinner ladies, bus drivers, police etc involved?

I would say teachers, school staff and the police are all having training of the issues of CSE.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:39 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Cabby John 1 wrote:
How many professions are actually going on the same course as taxi drivers i.e are school teachers,headmasters,lollipop ladies/men,school caretakers, school dinner ladies, bus drivers, police etc involved?

I would say teachers, school staff and the police are all having training of the issues of CSE.

Our council staff are as well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:53 pm 

Cabby John 1 wrote:
How many professions are actually going on the same course as taxi drivers
Copper that did our course (a whole half hour !) said they were going to extend it to anyone who has regular contact with vulnerable people. He added that at the moment that means only those they can FORCE to have the training ie anyone who is employed by the LA (bus drivers, teachers, council staff etc.) and those that need a licence to operate ie takeaway owners, bouncers, care home operators, publicans etc by making it a condition of the license that all staff have the training.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:38 am 

sasha wrote:
Cabby John 1 wrote:
How many professions are actually going on the same course as taxi drivers
Copper that did our course (a whole half hour !) said they were going to extend it to anyone who has regular contact with vulnerable people. He added that at the moment that means only those they can FORCE to have the training ie anyone who is employed by the LA (bus drivers, teachers, council staff etc.) and those that need a licence to operate ie takeaway owners, bouncers, care home operators, publicans etc by making it a condition of the license that all staff have the training.

GOOD!

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE