Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 36925
Location: Wayneistan
Rotherham CSE Survivors Want Tougher Taxi Licensing


Victims of child sexual exploitation from Rotherham want councils across the country to use their experiences to prevent other young people being abused.

The Rotherham abuse steering group is built of survivors and family members created in the wake of the Rotherham abuse scandal.

They've put together a national plan to help prevent and reduce CSE.

Part of the plan covers licensing policies including taxi licensing to make it safer for all passengers and drivers.

It's because, in some cases, drivers have been involved in CSE, with victims being trafficked across the country in taxis.

As a group, they have been advising and working along side Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council to put their licensing suggestions in place with effect from July 2016.

They are also contacting all councils throughout the UK to put their suggestions in place, because they claim it will help reduce all forms of crime, as well as CSE.



The full list of recommendations for taxi licensing is below:

    1. All taxis to be installed with CCTV and audio devices.
    2. All taxis to be installed with tracking devices
    3. All taxis to be installed with shield glass separating the driver from passengers
    4. All children to travel in the back seat
    5. Taxi drivers to use the vehicle for work purposes only and not for personal use
    6. All drivers to be enhanced DBS checked
    7. All drivers to report to base when not carrying a fare
    8. Cars should only be used by the registered driver.
    9. National data base to respond to intelligence as well as evidence against all taxi drivers
    10. Regular, random drug tests on all drivers
    11. Training in CSE awareness and reporting for all drivers
    12. Mandatory for owner of company to keep correct complaints procedure
    13. All job vacancies for staff to go through job centre


Read more at http://www.heart.co.uk/yorkshire/news/l ... dgdgmJl.99

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 17832
It should be interesting to see what comes of this. How would this all work for owner drivers who don't work through a base and cars that are multi shifted? Saloon cars with dividers???
Of all of these "survivors", I hate that term, How many of them were in Council care at the time and how many of them were living at home with parents who should be taking responsibility for the whereabouts of their children?

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:56 pm
Posts: 1756
Agree with Grandads sentiments,every license holder of every ilk should not be required to comply with suggestions made by those who totally failed in protecting the vulnerable unlike the greater majority of L/As who had public protection in mind when granting a license.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 8:55 pm
Posts: 479
They clearly know sweet f@ck all as to how the trade works.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm
Posts: 8332
captain cab wrote:
Rotherham CSE Survivors Want Tougher Taxi Licensing


Victims of child sexual exploitation from Rotherham want councils across the country to use their experiences to prevent other young people being abused.

The Rotherham abuse steering group is built of survivors and family members created in the wake of the Rotherham abuse scandal.

They've put together a national plan to help prevent and reduce CSE.

Part of the plan covers licensing policies including taxi licensing to make it safer for all passengers and drivers.

It's because, in some cases, drivers have been involved in CSE, with victims being trafficked across the country in taxis.

As a group, they have been advising and working along side Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council to put their licensing suggestions in place with effect from July 2016.

They are also contacting all councils throughout the UK to put their suggestions in place, because they claim it will help reduce all forms of crime, as well as CSE.



The full list of recommendations for taxi licensing is below:

    1. All taxis to be installed with CCTV and audio devices.
    2. All taxis to be installed with tracking devices
    3. All taxis to be installed with shield glass separating the driver from passengers
    4. All children to travel in the back seat
    5. Taxi drivers to use the vehicle for work purposes only and not for personal use
    6. All drivers to be enhanced DBS checked
    7. All drivers to report to base when not carrying a fare
    8. Cars should only be used by the registered driver.
    9. National data base to respond to intelligence as well as evidence against all taxi drivers
    10. Regular, random drug tests on all drivers
    11. Training in CSE awareness and reporting for all drivers
    12. Mandatory for owner of company to keep correct complaints procedure
    13. All job vacancies for staff to go through job centre


Read more at http://www.heart.co.uk/yorkshire/news/l ... dgdgmJl.99


Go swivel, no point in using the Taxi trade as a whipping boy for their own failings.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:04 am
Posts: 2555
grandad wrote:
It should be interesting to see what comes of this. How would this all work for owner drivers who don't work through a base and cars that are multi shifted? Saloon cars with dividers???
Of all of these "survivors", I hate that term, How many of them were in Council care at the time and how many of them were living at home with parents who should be taking responsibility for the whereabouts of their children?

=D> =D>


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 13075
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
In other words make cabs and ph wavs and therefore less appealing to the majority of customers

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm
Posts: 8332
edders23 wrote:
In other words make cabs and ph wavs and therefore less appealing to the majority of customers


These fechin knee jerkers are seeing ghosts where none exist, they should go look elsewhere to see where the real threat to our children arises.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:26 pm
Posts: 8056
bloodnock wrote:
captain cab wrote:
Rotherham CSE Survivors Want Tougher Taxi Licensing


Victims of child sexual exploitation from Rotherham want councils across the country to use their experiences to prevent other young people being abused.

The Rotherham abuse steering group is built of survivors and family members created in the wake of the Rotherham abuse scandal.

They've put together a national plan to help prevent and reduce CSE.

Part of the plan covers licensing policies including taxi licensing to make it safer for all passengers and drivers.

It's because, in some cases, drivers have been involved in CSE, with victims being trafficked across the country in taxis.

As a group, they have been advising and working along side Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council to put their licensing suggestions in place with effect from July 2016.

They are also contacting all councils throughout the UK to put their suggestions in place, because they claim it will help reduce all forms of crime, as well as CSE.



The full list of recommendations for taxi licensing is below:

    1. All taxis to be installed with CCTV and audio devices.
    2. All taxis to be installed with tracking devices
    3. All taxis to be installed with shield glass separating the driver from passengers
    4. All children to travel in the back seat
    5. Taxi drivers to use the vehicle for work purposes only and not for personal use
    6. All drivers to be enhanced DBS checked
    7. All drivers to report to base when not carrying a fare
    8. Cars should only be used by the registered driver.
    9. National data base to respond to intelligence as well as evidence against all taxi drivers
    10. Regular, random drug tests on all drivers
    11. Training in CSE awareness and reporting for all drivers
    12. Mandatory for owner of company to keep correct complaints procedure
    13. All job vacancies for staff to go through job centre


Read more at http://www.heart.co.uk/yorkshire/news/l ... dgdgmJl.99


Go swivel, no point in using the Taxi trade as a whipping boy for their own failings.

If would be nice to see social services holding there hands up for once..

_________________
Justice for the 96. It has only taken 27 years...........repeat the same lies for 27 years and the truth sounds strange to people!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:45 am
Posts: 9831
Location: Clandestine, soon to be Russia.
captain cab wrote:
Rotherham CSE Survivors Want Tougher Taxi Licensing


Victims of child sexual exploitation from Rotherham want councils across the country to use their experiences to prevent other young people being abused.

The Rotherham abuse steering group is built of survivors and family members created in the wake of the Rotherham abuse scandal.

They've put together a national plan to help prevent and reduce CSE.

Part of the plan covers licensing policies including taxi licensing to make it safer for all passengers and drivers.

It's because, in some cases, drivers have been involved in CSE, with victims being trafficked across the country in taxis.

As a group, they have been advising and working along side Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council to put their licensing suggestions in place with effect from July 2016.

They are also contacting all councils throughout the UK to put their suggestions in place, because they claim it will help reduce all forms of crime, as well as CSE.



The full list of recommendations for taxi licensing is below:

    1. All taxis to be installed with CCTV and audio devices.
    2. All taxis to be installed with tracking devices
    3. All taxis to be installed with shield glass separating the driver from passengers
    4. All children to travel in the back seat
    5. Taxi drivers to use the vehicle for work purposes only and not for personal use
    6. All drivers to be enhanced DBS checked
    7. All drivers to report to base when not carrying a fare
    8. Cars should only be used by the registered driver.
    9. National data base to respond to intelligence as well as evidence against all taxi drivers
    10. Regular, random drug tests on all drivers
    11. Training in CSE awareness and reporting for all drivers
    12. Mandatory for owner of company to keep correct complaints procedure
    13. All job vacancies for staff to go through job centre


Read more at http://www.heart.co.uk/yorkshire/news/l ... dgdgmJl.99


There's no need for all of that. Just don't licence the race that committed the offences, job done.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 36925
Location: Wayneistan
Rotherham abuse survivors press for stricter taxi safety measures


Group wants other councils to follow lead of Rotherham, which will require CCTV and audio recording devices in minicabs

All taxis drivers in Rotherham will be required to have CCTV cameras installed in their cars from July, in an attempt to prevent child sexual exploitation.

Drivers will also have to activate an audio recording device whenever they transport an unaccompanied child or vulnerable adult , under a series of measures introduced by the council to rebuild trust in the taxi industry.

The measures are a grim reminder of the past failures of Rotherham borough council but also a testament to the determination of some of the town’s abuse survivors to ensure no other girls suffer the horrors they did.

The council took action following a campaign by some of the survivors and whistleblowers, who have formed a steering group that aims to educate authorities on how to detect child sexual exploitation.

Last month it emerged that more than 50 Rotherham taxi drivers had been stripped of their licences under regulations introduced after the town’s sex-grooming scandal.

One Rotherham survivor, known as Elizabeth, told the Guardian that if there had been CCTV in taxis when she was being abused, her complaints would have been heeded by police.

“I had a child protection officer, a social worker and the police were frequently involved, but they just never took any notice, They just put me down as a naughty little girl,” she said.

“If there had have been CCTV, there would have been evidence that I was telling the truth. I would have had justice, there would have been charges and people would have known what was going on.”

On Tuesday the steering group urged all UK councils to follow Rotherham’s lead. “This isn’t just about child sexual exploitation. It will reduce all crime and will protect both the driver and the passenger,” said Jessica, a survivor who is spearheading the campaign.

In February Jessica’s abuser Arshid Hussan, two of his brothers and two other associates were found guilty of 55 serious offences, some of which dated back almost 20 years.

Some of the abuse took place in taxis, and cars were also used to traffic girls to various locations around the town.

The steering group wants other measures to be introduced, including installation of shield glass separating the driver from passengers in minicabs, a ban on under-16s sitting in the front seat, and enhanced disclosure and barring (DBS) checks on drivers.

Taxi drivers in other parts of the country say it could prove a costly and lengthy battle to get CCTV accepted, with cameras costing more than £500 to install and data protection a potential legal obstacle.

Dennis Conyan, a director of the National Taxi Association, said anything that enhanced safety was good, but the arguments for CCTV had been rehearsed before.

“All local authorities have their own policies. And there are arguments about data protection – who would be given access to the footage? We would need to ensure it was only police and licensing enforcement officers,” he said.

Steve McNamara, general secretary of the Licensed Taxi Drivers Association, which represents around half of the 11,000 black cabs in London, said that if Transport for London decided CCTV was necessary and was “willing to provide drivers a cost-neutral way of installing”, it would be “100% behind” the initiative.

Black cabs already have glass separators and no front seat. McNamara said he wanted to see minicab firms “up their game in guaranteeing passenger safety”.

source: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016 ... y-measures

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 36925
Location: Wayneistan
captain cab wrote:
Rotherham abuse survivors press for stricter taxi safety measures


Group wants other councils to follow lead of Rotherham, which will require CCTV and audio recording devices in minicabs



All well and good, but Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote:
A HORRIFIED mother has spoken of her disgust after the taxi driver she accused of abusing her five-year-old daughter was allowed to remain behind the wheel for 13 MONTHS while on police bail. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28980&start=20

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:58 pm
Posts: 3136
Location: Plymouth
captain cab wrote:
All well and good, but Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?


You like this bit of Latin, you have used it before.

If the LA are the Data Controllers, then they are the watchmen.

If you are the Data Controller then you are the watchmen.

If you have 2 systems, separately registered, both can have a watchman.

A more modern translation could be "The question is, who Polices the Police" and that would be the Independent Police Complaints Commission as the much vaunted Police Commissioners do not seem to achieve much at all. :roll:

_________________
Chris The Fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 36925
Location: Wayneistan
grandad wrote:
Of all of these "survivors", I hate that term


What should we call them ? unwilling sperm recipients?


(ok I borrowed that off Carlin) :wink:

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:04 am
Posts: 2555
i read this post loads of times, the more i read the suggestions ,the stupider it looks !! :lol: :lol: who do these people talk to then ? how can anyone suggest "go back to base"? ffs :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 37 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group