Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:30 am 

Taxi driver too scared to work after vicious attack

AN ABERYSTWYTH taxi driver has said he is “too scared” to go back to work after he was viciously attacked by a customer last week.

And to make matters worse, police decided just to give his assailant a caution.

Kim Barreto, a six-foot, 55-year-old South African taxi driver who lives in Bronant, said he has also been left “struggling to sleep” after he was punched, headbutted and bitten in Eastgate by a man he picked up from student halls at Aberystwyth University on only his second shift and 20 minutes before he was due to finish.

Mr Barreto, who has lived in Wales for 12 years after moving here to escape his home country’s infamous crime rates, has been left with two black eyes and a suspected broken nose, bite marks across the top of his head, and was required to have tetanus and hepatitis B injections after he attended A&E.

He said: “I am too scared to go back to work, so I am out of work at the moment. And I am also struggling to sleep.

“It’s just the fact that it could happen again.”

Mr Barreto said he was “not very happy” to find out his attacker, who he understands is a law student at the university, was given a police caution and not prosecuted.

“I’m not very happy because he has kind of got away with it. I went to the police station and asked them about the caution and he will not get a criminal record — can you believe it?”

source: http://www.cambrian-news.co.uk/article. ... hyear=2016

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:46 am 

Mr Barreto said he was “not very happy” to find out his attacker, who he understands is a law student at the university, was given a police caution and not prosecuted.

I wonder if it had been some young guy that worked in a factory or warehouse he would have been offered a caution ?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:25 pm 

Midlife martyr wrote:

I wonder if it had been some young guy that worked in a factory or warehouse he would have been offered a caution ?

Probably..welcome to Soft touch Violent Britain. :sad:

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:33 pm 

Midlife martyr wrote:

Oh that was the "Beak" demonstrating as to how they look after their own :sad:

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:11 pm 

Cabby John 1 wrote:
Midlife martyr wrote:

Just as you or I get the book thrown at us if we do anything wrong as "Professional Drivers" who should know better and drive accordingly then this Twerp of a law student should be made an example of in the same way because professionally he should have known better.

Aye, one law for them that makes the law and another for those of us who have to abide by the law.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:00 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
Cabby John 1 wrote:
Midlife martyr wrote:

Just as you or I get the book thrown at us if we do anything wrong as "Professional Drivers" who should know better and drive accordingly then this Twerp of a law student should be made an example of in the same way because professionally he should have known better.

Aye, one law for them that makes the law and another for those of us who have to abide by the law.

As you said you are (professional drivers) he's only a kid.......he get's prosecuted..no more Law student...maybe dady is just a cabbe

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:44 pm 

If he was given a caution it wouldn't have been based on him leaving the driver 'with two black eyes and a suspected broken nose, bite marks across the top of his head'.

That said that caution has f***ed the thugs legal career.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:23 pm 

Sussex wrote:
If he was given a caution it wouldn't have been based on him leaving the driver 'with two black eyes and a suspected broken nose, bite marks across the top of his head'.

That said that caution has f***ed the thugs legal career.

I sincerely hope that's the case.

As the cops have let this victim down I would have thought a private prosecution was a possibility.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:34 am 

Midlife martyr wrote:

As the cops have let this victim down I would have thought a private prosecution was a possibility.

What would you expect the outcome of a private prosecution to be?

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:01 am 

I think he might mean a Civil Action, for damages.

As the Police let him down (no surprise there then) it is a good alternative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related