Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:26 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
brum this time :sad:

A murder investigation has been launched after a taxi controller died days after being assaulted in Nechells.

Officers were called to Embassy Taxis on Oliver Street on the evening of May 26 after reports a man had been assaulted and knocked unconscious.

The 37-year-old was taken to hospital and continued to be treated until 4 June when he died.

A murder investigation has been launched and officers continue to make enquiries.

Detective Inspector Paul Joyce, from the force’s Homicide Team, said: "No arrests have been made as yet but enquiries are moving at a swift pace and I am appealing to anyone who can help the investigation to get in touch.

"We are still trying to understand what happened but we are led to believe that a customer visited the taxi office in Nechells after being picked up earlier in the evening.

"There was some sort of disagreement and he became aggressive and assaulted the member of staff."

We are sending reporters and photographers to the scene and updates will follow.

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:56 pm 

edders23 wrote:
brum this time :sad:

A murder investigation has been launched after a taxi controller died days after being assaulted in Nechells.

Officers were called to Embassy Taxis on Oliver Street on the evening of May 26 after reports a man had been assaulted and knocked unconscious.

The 37-year-old was taken to hospital and continued to be treated until 4 June when he died.

A murder investigation has been launched and officers continue to make enquiries.

Detective Inspector Paul Joyce, from the force’s Homicide Team, said: "No arrests have been made as yet but enquiries are moving at a swift pace and I am appealing to anyone who can help the investigation to get in touch.

"We are still trying to understand what happened but we are led to believe that a customer visited the taxi office in Nechells after being picked up earlier in the evening.

"There was some sort of disagreement and he became aggressive and assaulted the member of staff."

We are sending reporters and photographers to the scene and updates will follow.

We used to deal with Embassy Cabs when we did EWR Driver work, they were a good set of lads in the office and could always have a laugh with them over the phones.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:58 pm 

I grew up on this street, and my mother still lives there. It used to be a pub named the Oliver Cromwell 20 odd years ago until my mates dad was stabbed to death there. A taxi driver was also shot dead 100m away in IIRC 1999. This was not taxi related though. Nechells the area is called. More like Mogadishu these days though.