Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:57 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
A pensioner with Parkinson’s was mugged by three cowardly thieves moments after a cab driver had refused to pick him up because he was using a zimmer frame.

Kenneth Carson had more than £50 stolen from him by the group of youths, who initially offered to hail him a cab.

The 69-year-old, who struggles to get around, said the trio laughed as they ran away with his money.

He told the Liverpool Echo that one of the teenagers grabbed the cash while pretending to help him.

Merseyside Police are investigating the mugging, which happened in Everton on Saturday night.

Mr Carson had initially called a private hire cab, but said the driver refused to take him, forcing him to seek help.

He said: “The guy wouldn’t take me, he said it would take too long with my zimmer frame, so I thought I would get a black cab, but they only go down the main road, I made my way about 20 feet around the corner.

“These three lads were walking up talking, and I said will you help me get a cab and this fella said yeah we will walk down with you and get a cab.

“But then they saw the money in my pocket and he was sizing it up. And he sort of put his arm round me to help me off the kerb and then took the money and ran away laughing.

“They must have been only about 17.

“It was a double whammy - if it had been a couple of years back I would have run after them, I shouted that I needed the money, but they were just laughing.

“If the first driver had taken me then this wouldn’t have happened.”

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:14 am 

The Liverpool Echo contacted the private hire firm who Mr Carson said he had initially booked with to find out why the driver would not take his fare.
The firm said its driver was concerned about Mr Carson’s condition and did not think he should be out on his own.
A spokesman said: “The driver was immediately concerned that the customer who emerged from the pick-up location was wearing only a t-shirt, slippers and what appeared to be boxer shorts in the rain.
“However, all of his concerns were further confirmed by other residents who told the driver that he should not have been out on his own and that they would take him back into the premises

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:04 pm 

I live in Liverpool and trust me we are not the scumbags of the earth.
Liverpool is the same as other cities, it has its share of problems.
I am nurse and work in the NHS with other NHS professionals who are born and bred in Liverpool, so we scumbags?
They say ignorance is bliss, Mr T you must be complete bliss.
Your just ignorant.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:03 pm 

Edders is wrong - Carlisle is the scumbag capital of the world

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:54 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Edders is wrong - Carlisle is the scumbag capital of the world

I think the stats say otherwise but as i have only once visited the place and that was only to change trains my knowledge base is somewhat limited

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:02 pm 

edders23 wrote:

I think the stats say otherwise but as i have only once visited the place and that was only to change trains my knowledge base is somewhat limited

you lost your car wheels didn't you?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:47 pm 

captain cab wrote:
edders23 wrote:

you lost your car wheels didn't you?

nah i was only about 14 couldn't drive then :wink: I take you are speaking from experience