Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:05 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
non story of taxi owners moaning about uber

A Sheffield taxi boss has said Uber is gobbling up work in the city and other firms are paying the price.

Jahan Dad of Network Taxis based on Meadowhead and nephew Hammed Affzal have called on the people of Sheffield to use locals firms after seeing a squeeze on work after Uber's arrival in Sheffield. Network driver Hammed said: "We've lost a hell of a lot of student work - that's the area we've seen the biggest decline.

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:00 am 

edders23 wrote:
non story of taxi owners moaning about uber

A Sheffield taxi boss has said Uber is gobbling up work in the city and other firms are paying the price.

Jahan Dad of Network Taxis based on Meadowhead and nephew Hammed Affzal have called on the people of Sheffield to use locals firms after seeing a squeeze on work after Uber's arrival in Sheffield. Network driver Hammed said: "We've lost a hell of a lot of student work - that's the area we've seen the biggest decline.

Cynical part of me thinks the firms don't care so much about the volume of work lost, more the volume of cars lost. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:09 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Cynical part of me thinks the firms don't care so much about the volume of work lost, more the volume of cars lost. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Nor do they seem to care about WHY drivers/cars leave to work for someone else, and adapt their practices to try and prevent it.

It's simple really from a driver/owner perspective;
Income/Hours-Costs=profit-Hassle=Satisfaction.

Every driver wants to make as much profit in as little time as possible with the least amount of aggro/hassle from base.
Give your drivers hassle and charge high rents, they leave for a cheaper company with less grief. Let the drivers get on with it with little control and charge cheaper rents, they stay.

Bottom line is - How much PROFIT can I make in X hours with company A, and can I make more/less with company B in the same hours.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:35 pm 

sasha wrote:
Bottom line is - How much PROFIT can I make in X hours with company A, and can I make more/less with company B in the same hours.

Not a fan of Uber, but the bit I do like about the way they work is that they don't mind you working on other circuits, and if they don't give you any work you don't give them any cash.

So in the scenario you mention above, you can work with both A and B, and possibly C and D.