Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:04 am 

Not clear precisely what the 'hate' crime was here. Presumably some kind of racial element, but it's not obvious from this.

Anyway, to my mind being bit, punched and spat on is a tad worse than verbal abuse, although that's not to downplay the latter.

But the usual scrotes who get a quote to one location, then want to go further at the end and kick off when they're told it'll cost a bit more ](*,)

It doesn't say *where* in London they were picked up from, but from *central* London to Farnham it's about 45 miles.

Of course, depends what was said etc, but personally I wouldn't mind an extra mile or two on a quoted job of that length. So maybe the driver was trying to take the pee a bit, but that's not to excuse the reaction of the 'bangers here.

Farnham man bit and punched taxi driver in hate crime

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey ... i-28170254

He also spat at him in the face and spat on the car before running off

A man has been sentenced after being found guilty of a hate crime in Farnham. Oliver [edited by admin] punched a taxi driver several times during the incident.

On August 6 this year, a group of six men ordered a taxi to get them home from a night out in London. As they got back to Farnham at 4.50am, the passengers asked the driver to add on an additional journey and grew angry when they were told this would cost extra.

One of the men, C.unningham, 18, from Upper Hall Road, Farnham grew violent, punching the taxi driver in the face several times causing swelling and bruising. He also bit him, spat at him in the face and spat on the car before running off.

Commander Rob Brian, from Surrey Police, said: “This was a particularly nasty assault against a taxi driver who has been abused and spat at while simply trying to carry out his job. I hope this result demonstrates to people that we do take reports related to hate crime seriously and they will be followed up.”

At his sentencing at Guildford Magistrates Court on November 14, [edited by admin] received a £200 fine, he must undertake rehabilitation activity and pay a victim surcharge of £114.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:17 am 

This is just a rehash of a Surrey Police Facebook post, and quite a few comments on there asking what the 'hate' element was all about.

And also about the paltry nature of the sentence - £314 out of pocket, basically :roll:

https://www.facebook.com/WaverleyPolice ... cale=en_GB

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:18 pm 

Quote:
Anyway, to my mind being bit, punched and spat on is a tad worse than verbal abuse, although that's not to downplay the latter.

It is, but the verbal racist abuse exacerbates the physical stuff and should lead to the offender facing custody.

But sadly not in this case. :sad: