Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:53 pm 

Nothing particularly out of the ordinary here, at least by the standards of stuff like this. Although, for a change, it's a British Transport Police appeal rather than regional police, but it's been faithfully rehashed in the Lancs press.

What's maybe a bit out of the ordinary, though, is that although the suspect doesn't seem to have had any prior contact with the driver, it seems he got into the cab and damaged the interior as well as assaulting the driver while outside the car, which seems unusual...

Certainly a reasonable enough image for ID purposes, though =D>

Although it's not an image of the suspect - it's just someone BTP 'believe may have information that could help their investigation' 8-[

Image released following an assault at a train station – Lancaster

https://www.btp.police.uk/news/btp/news ... lancaster/

British Transport Police are today issuing an image following an assault at Lancaster railway station.

Just before midnight on Friday 5 January a man has assaulted a taxi driver on being told the vehicle was prebooked.

He then verbally threatened the driver before gaining access to the taxi and damaging the vehicle interior by kicking and punching it.

Police have arrived and the man has fled the location, a thorough search of the area was conducted however he was not found.

Officers would like to speak to the man in the image as they believe may have information that could help their investigation.

Anyone with information is asked to contact BTP by texting 61016, or by calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference number 760 of 5 January.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:23 pm 

British Transport Police have issued a second image.

The original press release on the BTP website has been pulled, so was wondering if it's maybe someone else in the photo - to my unexpert eye, the two guys don't look like the same person, although vaguely similar.

But it's obviously the same gear they're wearing, so presumably it is the same person...

But I suppose that by definition people using rail stations will be less easily identifiable than the normal person in a town centre, say, because they'll be more inclined not to be local and are travelling by train.

Maybe this latest image is a slightly better photo of the face, though, and thus more likely to lead to a positive ID...

https://www.btp.police.uk/news/btp/news ... lancaster/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:33 pm 

Looks like the same person to me.

Let's hope someone names him.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 9:36 am 

I'd have put the guy in the top photo at a bit older than 19, and he looks even older in the second photo.

But could certainly pass for 19, so I'd guess that was the chap who was given the conditional caution in Bacup 50 miles away...