Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:35 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
this is the "major" news story from london about runaway cavalry horses

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/taxi-drivers-shock-after-loose-32661128

Taxi driver's 'shock' after loose Cavalry horse 'smashes' into his car during London escape
A taxi driver has told how a Household Cavalry horse "smashed" into his people carrier lifting part of the car into the air, as seven animals got loose during an extended exercise and ran amok

A shocked taxi driver has told how an Army horse “smashed” into his car in central London raising part of it into the air.

There have been chaotic scenes after seven Household Cavalry horses got loose with four soldiers thrown off them during an extended exercise in Belgravia today. Ambulance crews treated four people in three separate incidents in the space of 10 minutes as the animals ran amok.

The drama began near Buckingham Palace Road where witnesses saw a serviceman thrown from his horse, and one of the loose animals smashing into a taxi waiting outside the Clermont Hotel, shattering the windows.

Farez, who was driving the Mercedes taxi, has said how he had just dropped off a passenger when suddenly he was confronted by a horse that ran into the car and damaged it, but fortunately he was not harmed. The people carrier was left with large dents and shattered windows after the incident.

Cavalry horses run loose in London covered in blood and smash into bus as soldier injured

The damage to the side of the Mercedes taxi ( Image: X)

Farez did not see the horses and so was left “shocked” by the sudden impact and he believes that it was a white horse that was seen bloodied, that hit his car.

“I was just sitting in the car waiting to pick up my passenger, but on the other side there was a [horse] but I didn't see. When the horse hit my car then I saw, it was like a smash,” he told LBC. “I was okay but it (the car) is damaged.”

He said how the force of the impact led to one side of the car being raised up. He continued: “I saw about three, four horses which I see. I think the white horse hit my car.” It is understood that three Household Cavalry personnel have been assessed at hospital for their injuries, but they were not seriously hurt.

Two horses were seen running in the road near Aldwych, one of which appeared to be covered in blood, and later near the Limehouse tunnel, before they were recaptured by City of London Police. A horse also crashed into a parked double-decker tour bus, smashing the windscreen, and one collided with a taxi, but no-one was hurt.

Roland, a worker for tour bus company Tootbus, described the chaotic scenes near Victoria. "I saw horses come from the bus station in front of Victoria run around in a frenzy," he said. "People were running around to avoid them - it was total mayhem."

A damaged bus needed to be towed away

A second tour bus worker, named only as Mr Mahmood, said: "One of the horses bumped into a bus, then everything got out of control. I saw two horses without riders gallop away. One rider managed to calm his horse down. An ambulance went to assist another rider who had been injured."

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !