Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Oct 25, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2024 5:17 pm 

And I thought most of my fares are pi$h :roll:

So this looks like a pick up from home, then half a mile to Tesco, wait 15 minutes, then take her back home, and the fare is £7 :?

But card declined, so he has to fanny around phoning her, and then goes back to her home later to get the £7 :-o

So not much of a run to start with, and then it really kicks off ](*,)

She sounds a real sweetie though - good job it's only men who are aggressive and violent, and only women who are in danger, eh? :-o

Prison for non-paying passenger who jumped onto taxi bonnet in Falkirk fare fracas

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/news/co ... as-4825711

A beleaguered taxi driver returned to an address to pick up cash from a non-paying customer and then ended up with her trying to jump onto his car bonnet while screaming and swearing at him.

Kimberly Smith, 24, was initially fine – and apparently sober – when she booked the taxi to take her to the shops.

She even seemed reasonable enough when her card was declined and she could not pay the fare and told the driver to come back to the address so she could pay him.

However, when the driver appeared she charged at him and proceeded to slap him, punch and kick his vehicle and then attempt to “mount” the bonnet as he desperately tried to reverse out of harm’s way.

Smith appeared from custody from Low Moss Prison via video link at Falkirk Sheriff Court last Thursday having admitted assaulting a taxi driver after failing to pay a £7 fare and threatening behaviour towards police at her 53 Wallace Street, Falkirk home on September 6.

Procurator fiscal depute Amy Clyne said: “It was 6.30pm and the witness has received a booking for the address from the accused. He told the accused he was outside and the accused was then taken to Tesco.

"The accused asked the witness to wait for her while she did her shopping. He waited for 15 minutes and then took her back to her address. When the accused attempted to pay the fare her card was declined.

"She told the taxi driver she didn’t have any money.”

At 7.30pm on that day the taxi driver has phone the accused and Smith asked him to return to the address and she would pay him the money she owed.

"The witness has done so,” said the procurator fiscal depute. “However, on arrival there was no one around. Then the accused walked towards the taxi and began to shout and swear at the driver.

"She lashed out and slapped his left shoulder and then began to punch and kick the side of his vehicle. The witness tried to reverse away from the accused but his path was blocked due to a car behind him.

"The accused tried to mount the bonnet of the taxi and grabbed onto the wing mirror. She continued to shout and swear at the witness.”

Police were then called in and Smith began swearing at them, refusing to get in the police vehicle and struggling with officers. She was taken to the ground and began spitting at officers, so a spit hood was put in place.

The court heard Smith, also known as Kyle Waugh, had caused £500 of damage to the taxi during her rampage.

Simon Hutchison, defence solicitor, said Smith drank alcohol to excess due to previous difficulties in her life.

"The social work department seem to be almost at a loss as to what to do,” he added.

Sheriff Michie noted Smith had been before the court on 17 previous occasions and sentenced her to six months in prison back dated to September 9.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2024 7:45 pm 

Taking pi**heads to the local shop, wait, and return.

I mean what could go wrong? Oh yeah please see the above post for the answer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2024 10:54 pm 

Someone’s not been paying attention \:D/

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40876.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2024 8:19 am 

Yes, my error - because of my connection issues I only get a certain amount of time and/or clicks on here before I can't access the site, so have to be selective about my reading. I must have looked at the other thread (the photo looks familiar) but didn't read it properly, because I'd have certainly remembered that it was about Falkirk at the very least - maybe I was distracted by something else before finishing the article, and because of the generic/nondescript thread title didn't waste a click by revisiting it when I was next able to access the site, and if the list of thread titles have few distinguishing features, then it's more difficult to work out what's been posted previously, particularly when several different people are posting article (too many cooks, etc).

Anyway, I'm sure regulars are bored to death hearing about my site access issues by now, but it looks like it's a permanent thing rather than a temporary glitch.

So unless I come across anything local that I'm quite sure no-one else has posted, then I'll leave posting the news to others...