Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: More News From Ireland
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:29 pm 

Public view on taxi fares sought
Aoife Carr

The Commission for Taxi Regulation is to invite submissions from members of the public on taxi, hackney and limousine fares.

The public consultation is part of the Commission's action plan for 2008 published today

Other reforms planned include research into fares charged by hackneys and limousines, the introduction of colour coded-tamper proof discs to differentiate between taxis, hackneys and limousines and a review of vehicle licence fees.

Taxi, hackney and limousine drivers will also need to renew their licences every three years instead of every five and all wheelchair accessible vehicle license holders will have to provide the Commission with contact details for booking their services from July 1 st . They will subsequently be published on www.taxiregulator.ie.

A voluntary quality assurance scheme and quality mark is also set to be piloted during the year.

The Commission is also to become responsible for the administration of dispatch operator licensing and SPSV driver licensing in addition to its current role as the single authority for vehicle licensing.

It will ensure that dispatch operators must, where possible, ensure that a fully accessible service is available to people with disabilities.

www.gmbpdb.org.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:24 pm 

It sounds like the situation that's developing over there needs some GMB input urgently MrBB.

Tell Terry to get over there ASAP, Ryan Air have some great offers on one way tickets at the moment. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:57 pm 

Mr GBC,

Uncle Terry is doing a great job raising the profile of the GMB PDB and issues that effect all Taxi and PH drivers.

If I were you I would get some help for the resentment and prejudice you hold against Uncle Terry. It will harm your health if your not careful.

Regards
BB

www.gmbpdb.org.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:42 pm 

brightonbreezy wrote:
Mr GBC,

Uncle Terry is doing a great job raising the profile of the GMB PDB and issues that effect all Taxi and PH drivers.

If I were you I would get some help for the resentment and prejudice you hold against Uncle Terry. It will harm your health if your not careful.

Regards
BB

"Uncle Terry" would know all about resentment (failed printer) and prejudice (against all things British) yet he lives here. wierd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:37 am 

brightonbreezy wrote:
Mr GBC,

Regards
BB

Don't worry Mr BB, I was at the gym for two hours tonight, and apparently my CV rate is that of a 32yr old. Thanks for your concern though. :wink:

I merely seek to inform the folks on here, and those visitors to TDO, the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about your great leader. You should put a link into Mite's Communists Forum, and let folks see for themselves the hatred that he spews out.

You'll thank me for it one day when drivers start to join in ever increasing numbers, but I believe you already know that.