Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:37 am 

Surely they can apply where they like, but if proper entry criteria was put in place they would try another manor.

The fact that they are choosing areas like yours should lead to a discussion between you and your LO as to why. :?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:03 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Surely they can apply where they like, but if proper entry criteria was put in place they would try another manor.

The fact that they are choosing areas like yours should lead to a discussion between you and your LO as to why. :?

I agree entirely with this but sometimes you find it's the liberal LOs or the Pc advocate who just doesn't see the benefit of higher driver standards. I've even heard them saying it's not up to us, which may well be true but if the LO has no input into the standards they are to work to something is wrong somewhere

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:11 pm 
Sussex wrote:

If only Mark, if only, at one time they were supplying interpreters for people sitting tests, how messed up is that unless a customer doesn't have to talk to the driver anymore, very much like asking a brickie without a trowel to build you a wall imo.

If I'm honest when the building work ran out the government was staring a long queue of claimants for benefits and so decided to dump them on us, cos lets face it they aren't going home, even depressed Britain is better than where some of them come from, I've made some good friends through it tbh, and it's enriching to learn about their countries, but there is a limit and I think that limit has been reached myself and to actively encourage them to come is wrong and disrespectful to the population that can't find work anymore, 700 applicants for 5 positions with a low paying company recently in the shopping sector, now that doesn't say to me people don't want to work, it says there aren't enough jobs to go around, I say that because I'm sick of hearing about how hard they work and how lazy we are, it's simply not true, the fact is they are cheaper and easier to abuse, nothing more nothing less.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:53 pm 

I'm not sure I have ever met a hard working cabby.

Met loads who work bundles of hours, but never met a grafter. :-$