Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:20 am 

RealCabforceforum/RealCabforce

Can’t you see the worse this gets the greater the likelihood that de-restriction is inevitable. Whatever the council do we can up the stakes. The problem is the more the situation becomes out of control the less chance of an agreed truce. We have nothing to lose the council and you on the other hand have everything to lose.

If I were you I would have a serious look at this situation, nothing is being won or resolved everyone is going head long into de-restriction.

Give yourself a shake!

Smell the Coffee!

Does the end justify the means, you bet it does! :badgrin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:52 am 

Skull wrote:
The judgement is 25-30 pages long and encompasses the whole legal argument including the Coyle and Dundee cases. The period of time might or might not be beneficial to the Council in respect to how the sheriff has assessed the situation in its entirety. Until we are privy to all the information who knows?

What I do know is that it only makes the situation worse for all concerned any chance of avoiding derestriction is diminishing. The longer this goes on the worse it gets. The council are faced with being dragged into a public forum and humiliated in front of the press and now there are others who are taking up the fight also.

If this goes on de-restriction might be the only way for the council to resolve the situation.

Once again this situation is not of my making the Council should have granted the plates first time round. :wink:

I must admit it will be interesting to read how the Sheriff came to her decision. I hope we can get a copy of the manuscript in electronic format so that everyone can dissect it.

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:07 pm 

JD wrote:
Skull wrote:
The judgement is 25-30 pages long and encompasses the whole legal argument including the Coyle and Dundee cases. The period of time might or might not be beneficial to the Council in respect to how the sheriff has assessed the situation in its entirety. Until we are privy to all the information who knows?

What I do know is that it only makes the situation worse for all concerned any chance of avoiding derestriction is diminishing. The longer this goes on the worse it gets. The council are faced with being dragged into a public forum and humiliated in front of the press and now there are others who are taking up the fight also.

If this goes on de-restriction might be the only way for the council to resolve the situation.

Once again this situation is not of my making the Council should have granted the plates first time round. :wink:

I must admit it will be interesting to read how the Sheriff came to her decision. I hope we can get a copy of the manuscript in electronic format so that everyone can dissect it.

Regards

JD
just got the judgement will have a look and let you now the jist of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:08 pm 

This is going on longer than CORANATION STREET i am totally BORED and LOST its a good job we have 6 weeks school holidays so i have the time to start again and see if I can pick up the gist of this. It dosent help so much of it is typed with a scottish accent. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:43 pm 

tcabbie wrote:
This is going on longer than CORANATION STREET i am totally BORED and LOST its a good job we have 6 weeks school holidays so i have the time to start again and see if I can pick up the gist of this. It dosent help so much of it is typed with a scottish accent. :?

The proceedings in this case still have a long way to go and you should count yourself lucky that the main players in this court action have so far openly debated the issue and kept everyone informed as to the latest developments.

It may not have occurred to you but you are watching legal history being unfurled under your very eyes. So far there has never been a case of this type in Scotland were a licensing authority has asked for a deferment beyond the six month statutory period allowed for refusing a license. We shall have to wait and see the reasons given for this extension. In the meantime we shall awaken you from your slumber when the outcome is known.

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:08 pm 

Skull wrote:

Can’t you see the worse this gets the greater the likelihood that de-restriction is inevitable. Whatever the council do we can up the stakes. The problem is the more the situation becomes out of control the less chance of an agreed truce. We have nothing to lose the council and you on the other hand have everything to lose.

If I were you I would have a serious look at this situation, nothing is being won or resolved everyone is going head long into de-restriction.

Give yourself a shake!

Smell the Coffee!

You either have failed to see our point or just keep saying the same stuff in the hope if you keep saying it everyone will believe it, We don't fear deristriction and if it does come then there is no one to blame other than you and your cronies, a point that won't be lost on the rest of the trade by the time we are finished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:22 pm 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
Skull wrote:

Can’t you see the worse this gets the greater the likelihood that derestriction is inevitable. Whatever the council do we can up the stakes. The problem is the more the situation becomes out of control the less chance of an agreed truce. We have nothing to lose the council and you on the other hand have everything to lose.

If I were you I would have a serious look at this situation, nothing is being won or resolved everyone is going head long into derestriction.

Give yourself a shake!

Smell the Coffee!

You either have failed to see our point or just keep saying the same stuff in the hope if you keep saying it everyone will believe it, We don't fear derestriction and if it does come then there is no one to blame other than you and your cronies, a point that won't be lost on the rest of the trade by the time we are finished.

You fear everything and you and your cronies are the meat on the sandwich and I will get great satisfaction in bringing derestriction to your door.

A point that won't be lost by everyone who gets a plate for £700 is that they didn't have to pay £45,000 for a job that is dying on its feet.

Have fun! :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:27 pm 

tcabbie wrote:

Well what about poor old me, I can't even understand the folks in London. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:56 pm 

I can't understand RealCabforce/RealCabroceforum and they are from Edinburgh. But then again being in debt up to your eye balls and facing the prospect of losing your plate value does this to a numpty.

I am sure the PHC will welcome them with open arms. Imagine that, your whole world being turned upside down, all that fame and importance gone at the stroke of a pen.

Just the thought makes me shiver.

:badgrin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:33 am 

Skull wrote:
I can't understand RealCabforce/RealCabroceforum and they are from Edinburgh. But then again being in debt up to your eye balls and facing the prospect of losing your plate value does this to a numpty.

I am sure the PHC will welcome them with open arms. Imagine that, your whole world being turned upside down, all that fame and importance gone at the stroke of a pen.

Here's a thought for you - As I've said previously (now read carefully) I did not buy a plate. I have no debt on a plate. I have stated it in words of one syllable to ease your understanding of the meaning hopefully. :roll: :roll:

You seem incapable of understanding simple English. My name is Alistair Gordon Turnbull. I post under the pseudoname of Realcabforce. I know the gentleman who posts under the name of Realcabforceforum. We are 2 separate people - got that now?

I do not brag or boast about operating or driving a taxi. You, on the other hand seem to be on an ego trip, thinking you have outsmarted the council, when the reality is that you are only trying to do what PHC have done for years - exploit a loophole in the law. Whether you succeed or not matters not one whit to me. What does matter to me is that you are a callous individual who has only set out to try and make money for yourself without any regard for the consequences or the hardship that others may suffer.
I sincerely hope that you fail in your quest as I firmly believe that you have no justification either legally or morally for your action. It is a feeble attempt at revenge on people who have tolerated your erratic behaviour for many years, yet have done you no harm.

As for your muppetlike cronies, they would do well to try thinking for themselves, instead of wasting time, effort and money on your futile crusade against authority.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:39 am 

RealCabforce wrote:
Skull wrote:

Here's a thought for you - As I've said previously (now read carefully) I did not buy a plate. I have no debt on a plate. I have stated it in words of one syllable to ease your understanding of the meaning hopefully. :roll: :roll:

You seem incapable of understanding simple English. My name is Alistair Gordon Turnbull. I post under the pseudoname of Realcabforce. I know the gentleman who posts under the name of Realcabforceforum. We are 2 separate people - got that now?

I do not brag or boast about operating or driving a taxi. You, on the other hand seem to be on an ego trip, thinking you have outsmarted the council, when the reality is that you are only trying to do what PHC have done for years - exploit a loophole in the law. Whether you succeed or not matters not one whit to me. What does matter to me is that you are a callous individual who has only set out to try and make money for yourself without any regard for the consequences or the hardship that others may suffer.
I sincerely hope that you fail in your quest as I firmly believe that you have no justification either legally or morally for your action. It is a feeble attempt at revenge on people who have tolerated your erratic behaviour for many years, yet have done you no harm.

As for your muppetlike cronies, they would do well to try thinking for themselves, instead of wasting time, effort and money on your futile crusade against authority.

Just because you think you are two people doesn’t mean you really are. That’s the funny thing about a multiple personality disorder is that you don’t know that you are one and the same person. Alistair, Gordon, Turnbull it seems we could have three people contributing to this post. I tell you what you pick one and I will speak to whoever you choose. I don’t mind who I am talking to.

I’m not sure about the callous bit either. I would describe myself as a product of my environment. I would agree however that I may lack the same social conscience that you seem to lay claim to only because people have tried to beat me into the ground at every opportunity just because I speak out. Funnily enough, people like you, spineless individuals who allow themselves to be dictated to by ego maniacs and just because you go cap in hand to the so called authority I am expected to do also.

Don’t rock the boat, protect the plate value, ignore the PHC taking our work, pay £45,000 for a plate while profits are falling, don’t challenge the council. Live your life like a [edited by admin] mushroom allowing yourself to be kept in the dark and feed [edited by admin] by the people who are supposed to be representing you.

You know Alistair Gordon Turnbull you are lucky you live in a civilised society where people like you and I conduct our selves in a civilised manner.

Very lucky, what was your address again?

Just my little joke, you see I am civilised, just like you. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:38 am 

Sirius wrote:
Checked back the last two years, last nights takings were £0.65 more than the same night last year and £15.41 more than the same night in 2003, I don't notice much of a difference despite the claims that PH are eating us alive :?

Not in Edinburgh my old son ask any one, if you are making the same money you did 2 years ago then you are working more hours.

Go back 5 years the PH were virtually nonexistent now they are everywhere in another 2 years they will be topping a thousand. I wonder if everyone will still be claiming they don't exist then.

The days of the Taxi driver claiming he as the knowledge and the Ph don't know where they are going is gone.

Sat Nav has taken the guess work out of their job, another reason why they are increasing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:12 pm 

Sirius wrote:
Checked back the last two years, last nights takings were £0.65 more than the same night last year and £15.41 more than the same night in 2003, I dont notice much of a difference despite the claims that PH are eating us alive :?

That may well be true, but how do you know that you wouldn't have been earning bundles more? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:40 pm 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
[ We don't fear deristriction and if it does come then there is no one to blame other than you and your cronies, a point that won't be lost on the rest of the trade by the time we are finished.

So you DO fear derestriction then #-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:49 pm 

What a good looking dude. :shock:

http://news.scotsman.com/edinburgh.cfm?id=1701112005

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next