Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:36 pm 

Chilon of Sparta wrote:
..who is willing to take on an absolutely huge gamble by placing tens of thousands of £££'s on black, rather than red...)

What I'm suggesting is getting a top QC in Human Rights to give a current opinion. That's why I was interested in Perth. Any largish city would have enough plate owners to split the cost of an opinion, say 2 or 3 thousand ponds between 500 owners?

What usually happens is that if you go to a Council with a favourable opinion, they fold before it goes to Court. Even the cost of a full hearing, say £50,000 is only £100 per owner. Chickenfeed when the value of the plates may have been £50,000.

Someone should do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:08 pm 

Chilon of Sparta wrote:
However, returning to taxi rulings, TDO, Sussex et al are totally accurate in that, in the absence of a very rich, brave or mad man (or woman!), who is willing to take on an absolutely huge gamble by placing tens of thousands of £££'s on black, rather than red...we have only current court/judges decisions such as the Royden case to go on...which did produce what seemed to be a fairly conclusive result.

I disagree......if a proprietor was picked on the Wirral, who was an owner pre- 1985 I think the result would have been far more enlightening.

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:04 pm 

captain cab wrote:
I disagree......if a proprietor was picked on the Wirral, who was an owner pre- 1985 I think the result would have been far more enlightening.

I disagree.

If a pre-1985 owner was before the court the judge would have gone into greater detail and come out with a similar view.

The fact that he was saved from doing so was a direct consequence of T&G idiots leading the way, but IMO the outcome would have remained the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:10 pm 

Sussex wrote:
captain cab wrote:

I disagree.

If a pre-1985 owner was before the court the judge would have gone into greater detail and come out with a similar view.

The fact that he was saved from doing so was a direct consequence of T&G idiots leading the way, but IMO the outcome would have remained the same.

We can disagree from time to time :lol:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:30 pm 

captain cab wrote:
We can disagree from time to time :lol:

Only time from time? :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9