Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:23 am 

Sirius wrote:
http://news.scotsman.com/edinburgh.cfm?id=1701112005

"What people need are custom-made cabs with disabled facilities" :shock: :shock:

http://www.realfastblacks.co.uk/phpbb/v ... 11&start=0

did you read it ?

i can only assume not.

missing the point entirely :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:27 am 

Sirius, tell me something don’t you not think it is a bit strange that the council health and safety department would not let their staff push people in and out of vehicles such as these while being uninsured for personal injury.

Do you think it is unfair to expect the same standard of consideration that is afforded to council employees?

Or higher vehicle standards more suited to the carriage of wheelchairs or personal injury insurance provided by the council or the taxi company in the event of an accident?

Why would you want or expect to be treated any different to anyone else when it comes to your own personal safety or that of the customers?
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:29 am 

Sussex wrote:

Couldn't agree more!

I have always been a handsome mother ******

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:05 am 

Skull wrote:
Sussex wrote:

Couldn't agree more!

Seems to me they got your pic mixed up with aliT's avater, nice work on the case!!!, Oh how sad but never mind, christ my sides ache :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:25 am 

Skull wrote:
Sussex wrote:

Couldn't agree more!

Correct me if I am wrong, but that is "Turnbulls" motor in the background!!!
Now what were you two doing up calton hill (well known edinburgh gay pick up point) taking pictures of each other, very cosy, meet anybody nice up there? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:42 am 

TDO wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:
[ We don't fear deristriction and if it does come then there is no one to blame other than you and your cronies, a point that won't be lost on the rest of the trade by the time we are finished.

So you DO fear derestriction then #-o

Sorry, I can see how I have confused, although I am heavily involved in the edinburgh black cab trade I don't own or drive one now, the point I was trying to get across was that there is going to be a lot of very angry cabbies when they find out what these people have been up too and their motivation for doing so.
When all said and done deristriction would suit us nicely, but,there are cabbies here remorgageing their homes to get on the ownership ladder and because this police wanted to do no more than line their pockets with what doesnt really amount to an awful lot of money,they could, potentially be seriously jepordising these cabbies ability to repay those loans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:12 pm 

Realcabforceforum wrote:

Sorry, I can see how I have confused, although I am heavily involved in the edinburgh black cab trade I don't own or drive one now, the point I was trying to get across was that there is going to be a lot of very angry cabbies when they find out what these people have been up too and their motivation for doing so.

Is it the fact that Edinburgh is restricted that will cause these Cabbies you talk about, to feel anger towards those who have applied for plates?

What if Edinburgh wasn't restricted, would these same cabbies feel the same anger you refer to?

Could it be the case that we have a situation in Edinburgh where council policy sets driver against driver or perhaps owner against driver?

Your comments are very telling because they reflect the position in possibly every restricted Authority in the united Kingdom.

I have yet to hear any owner or driver from an unrestricted authority voicing their animosity against any individual who wishes to obtain a proprietor's licence.

Your stance on the freedom of these individuals to apply for something which they are completely entitled to do under the law is perhaps unworthy of you.

It should matter not to me you or anyone else what these people intend to do with these licenses. The simple fact that an artificial value is put on such licenses is not in anyway the fault of the persons who are applying for the licenses. The fault for that lies firmly at the door of the city council.

If a council pursues a policy such as restricted numbers then in order to make that policy secure it has to abide by the law at all times. Dundee fell foul of that law and I believe the Higher court will determine Edinburgh has done the same.

The fact still remains that you highlighted the divide in those authorities that restrict licenses by numbers and the animosity that those who have licenses feel against those who haven't. Edinburgh is not unique because they are merely the template of what is the norm in every other restricted authority in the UK. Your argument about plate investment isn't credible because the downside of purchasing a plate is well documented. Anyone purchasing a plate in this current climate where no authority is safe from de-restriction has to be either a pure optimist or they have very deep pockets.

I fully understand why those owners in restricted authorities want to keep it that way but it is up to those owners to make sure the council carry out their obligations and not leave a window of opportunity open for a legal challenge.

I might add that in October this year there are several EU directives being issued which strengthen current EU law appertaining to equal opportunities and in particular equal opportunities in the workplace.

The directives will eliminate inequalities and promote gender equality throughout the European Community in accordance with Articles 2 and 3 of the EC Treaty as well as Article 141 which refers to "equality between women and men in matters of employment and occupation" and Article 13 which was one of many articles Judge Rogers referred to in the Dublin case, "sex discrimination within and outside the work place".

Legislation currently covers 13 directives in the area of "employment, social security and goods and services". An initiative aiming at simplifying and modernising many current directives are in an advanced stage of completion and should be introduced by October.

We shall wait to and see how these new directives impact on the ability of a council to exclude those who wish to take up employment as taxi proprietors.

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:28 pm 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
TDO wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:
[ We don't fear deristriction and if it does come then there is no one to blame other than you and your cronies, a point that won't be lost on the rest of the trade by the time we are finished.

Sorry, I can see how I have confused,

finally

although I am heavily involved in the edinburgh black cab trade I don't own or drive one now,

then butt out

the point I was trying to get across was that there is going to be a lot of very angry cabbies when they find out what these people have been up too and their motivation for doing so.

i think youl find SOME angry owners but not as many as you think
on the other hand thier are plenty happy drivers who will be very glad to join us in our fight.

When all said and done deristriction would suit us nicely, but,there are cabbies here remorgageing their homes to get on the ownership ladder and because this police wanted to do no more than line their pockets with what doesnt really amount to an awful lot of money,they could, potentially be seriously jepordising these cabbies ability to repay those loans.

i know of no one who has remortgage thier house to bye a plate?
the norm is to get a personall loan through blackhorse finance arranged by ITS.of course if you know different im sure youl supply us all with the evidence to back this up.

interesting to note, if derestriction would suit you nicely.what excactly are you arguing against?

unless of course you sell taxis?
and cars to the phc trade.
let me think! if i was supplying vehicles to both markets and one of them
was a growing market with a higher profit markup(phc)
and the other was restricted with less profit markup
:lol: :lol: :lol:
yes i can see why you are upset

i said earlier that thier was no one at the court case aprt from us and the varius legal teams etc.however thier was another representitave from a certain taxi dealership here in edinburgh.
:lol: :lol: :lol: do you represent him or are you indeed this man?
if thier is any truth in this then im sure you have nothing to worry about
as derestriction would suit you fine :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:29 pm 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
TDO wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:

Now I understand, you want us to pay £75,000 for a taxi and a plate because taxi drivers are remortgaging their homes to get on the ownership ladder and then claim £75,000 is not a lot of money to own a job.

Are these the same taxi drivers that should have the opportunity to get a free plate like the ones on the Interested Parties List? Or are these the same taxi drivers who are banding together with us who don’t want to pay £75,000 to own their job with the prospect of the PHC eating into their profits while trying to pay the £75,000 worth of debt.

5 years ago the price for a plate was about £25,000 now its £45,000 talked up by Jimmy Neilson down at ITS. Profits are falling but the plate premiums are going up and you think people should remortgage their homes to own one.

Are you own drugs? If anything you should be telling people not to throw themselves into the financial precipice of owning a taxi. This might come as a shock to you but if plate premiums are rising shouldn’t profits be rising also. This situation has been created by Jimmy and Mark (ITS), had the plate value matched the profit margin this conversation would not be happening. Do you think that Jimmy and Mark can’t see this, course they can? These cabbies who are remortgaging there homes to own a taxi need there heads looked at and you think we should follow suit. Any financial jeopardy that they find themselves in came about when they got involved with ITS.

Do me a favour, tell me where I have got it wrong. I know a lot of guys who would like to own their own taxi but are not prepared to jump into the financial [edited by admin] to do so and they don’t see why they shouldn’t have a plate when the PHC are going on up to 25 a month.

Your argument just does not stack up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:42 pm 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
Skull wrote:
Sussex wrote:

Couldn't agree more!

Now what were you two doing up calton hill (well known edinburgh gay pick up point) taking pictures of each other, very cosy, meet anybody nice up there? :wink:

ok ill correct you,yore wrong! its not my taxi, as i dont own one(i thought even you knew that)and its not the one i rent iether.
youre comments do you no justice.
homophobic comments.hate hate hate all the way through everything you say.luckily you dont drive a cab.as you would definitly be deemed not fit and proper to hold a licence.not that you would last long with the public with attitudes such as yours
[-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:38 pm 

ALI T wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:
Skull wrote:
Sussex wrote:

Couldn't agree more!

ok ill correct you,yore wrong! its not my taxi, as i dont own one(i thought even you knew that)and its not the one i rent iether.
youre comments do you no justice.
homophobic comments.hate hate hate all the way through everything you say.luckily you dont drive a cab.as you would definitly be deemed not fit and proper to hold a licence.not that you would last long with the public with attitudes such as yours
[-(

Homophobic :shock: me :shock: Never! If you and "thomson" have something going on, I have no problem with it, I suppose when you look like you two the only thing left is to have each other! anyways, I haven't seen your cab "turnbull" thats why I asked to be corrected, and I am well aware that you "rent" and "WHO" you rent the cab from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:31 am 

more threats :? how surprising
youre becoming a bore
if you really want to see me big man i aint too hard to find even for a dimwit like you.
im at the caley box most days/nights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:05 am 

Skull wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:
TDO wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:

Now I understand, you want us to pay £75,000 for a taxi and a plate because taxi drivers are remortgaging their homes to get on the ownership ladder and then claim £75,000 is not a lot of money to own a job.

Are these the same taxi drivers that should have the opportunity to get a free plate like the ones on the Interested Parties List? Or are these the same taxi drivers who are banding together with us who don’t want to pay £75,000 to own their job with the prospect of the PHC eating into their profits while trying to pay the £75,000 worth of debt.

5 years ago the price for a plate was about £25,000 now its £45,000 talked up by Jimmy Neilson down at ITS. Profits are falling but the plate premiums are going up and you think people should remortgage their homes to own one.

Are you own drugs? If anything you should be telling people not to throw themselves into the financial precipice of owning a taxi. This might come as a shock to you but if plate premiums are rising shouldn’t profits be rising also. This situation has been created by Jimmy and Mark (ITS), had the plate value matched the profit margin this conversation would not be happening. Do you think that Jimmy and Mark can’t see this, course they can? These cabbies who are remortgaging there homes to own a taxi need there heads looked at and you think we should follow suit. Any financial jeopardy that they find themselves in came about when they got involved with ITS.

Do me a favour, tell me where I have got it wrong. I know a lot of guys who would like to own their own taxi but are not prepared to jump into the financial s**t to do so and they don’t see why they shouldn’t have a plate when the PHC are going on up to 25 a month.

Your argument just does not stack up.

Has anyone noticed how when confronted by the truth of the situation RealCabforceforum fails to answer the post. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:36 am 

ALI T wrote:
more threats :? how surprising
youre becoming a bore
if you really want to see me big man i aint too hard to find even for a dimwit like you.
im at the caley box most days/nights

No fear of that, I have to wash thoroughly after speaking to you on here,and sorry I didn't see a threat in that post. Maybe it's just your conceince?, nope it can't be that, maybe your just stupid?..thats it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:42 am 

Has anyone noticed how when confronted by the truth of the situation RealCabforceforum fails to answer the post. :?:[/quote]

I refer you to a previous post, re; Your credibility!!!, and moreso now the more I read the judgement, what a plonker you are!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next