Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:35 pm 

Skull wrote:
Skull wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:
TDO wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:
[ We don't fear deristriction and if it does come then there is no one to blame other than you and your cronies, a point that won't be lost on the rest of the trade by the time we are finished.

So you DO fear derestriction then #-o

Sorry, I can see how I have confused, although I am heavily involved in the edinburgh black cab trade I don't own or drive one now, the point I was trying to get across was that there is going to be a lot of very angry cabbies when they find out what these people have been up too and their motivation for doing so.
When all said and done deristriction would suit us nicely, but,there are cabbies here remorgageing their homes to get on the ownership ladder and because this police wanted to do no more than line their pockets with what doesnt really amount to an awful lot of money,they could, potentially be seriously jepordising these cabbies ability to repay those loans.

Now I understand, you want us to pay £75,000 for a taxi and a plate because taxi drivers are remortgaging their homes to get on the ownership ladder and then claim £75,000 is not a lot of money to own a job.

Are these the same taxi drivers that should have the opportunity to get a free plate like the ones on the Interested Parties List? Or are these the same taxi drivers who are banding together with us who don’t want to pay £75,000 to own their job with the prospect of the PHC eating into their profits while trying to pay the £75,000 worth of debt.

5 years ago the price for a plate was about £25,000 now its £45,000 talked up by Jimmy Neilson down at ITS. Profits are falling but the plate premiums are going up and you think people should remortgage their homes to own one.

Are you own drugs? If anything you should be telling people not to throw themselves into the financial precipice of owning a taxi. This might come as a shock to you but if plate premiums are rising shouldn’t profits be rising also. This situation has been created by Jimmy and Mark (ITS), had the plate value matched the profit margin this conversation would not be happening. Do you think that Jimmy and Mark can’t see this, course they can? These cabbies who are remortgaging there homes to own a taxi need there heads looked at and you think we should follow suit. Any financial jeopardy that they find themselves in came about when they got involved with ITS.

Do me a favour, tell me where I have got it wrong. I know a lot of guys who would like to own their own taxi but are not prepared to jump into the financial s**t to do so and they don’t see why they shouldn’t have a plate when the PHC are going on up to 25 a month.

Your argument just does not stack up.

Has anyone noticed how when confronted by the truth of the situation RealCabforceforum fails to answer the post. :?:

Answer the post and the points made, the truth hurts PONKER

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:15 pm 

realcabfarce's stance

he has a plate wich he obtained for the licence fee at the time off the council
i also believe he has his name on the waiting list for a secondfree plate.and becouse if the council wish to refuse us they cannot give anyone on the list a plate(im pretty sure had we not applied that the survey would show at least some demand and he would have got his second plate)

realcabfarceforums stance

by his own words he does not own nor drive a taxi,now this guy has iether found himself on the wrong type of forum(try a search for forums for morons) or he has a vested business interest in taxi's or is a trade rep.
now if hes a trade rep its hardly surprising that he cannot answer anything related to taxi's, these guys rarely can im sure we all agree.
if he has a business intrest its hardly surprising that he is angry as we have taken the control and predictability of the edinburgh trade away from him. now he has to think on his feet and act like a business man.im sure you will all agree a hard task for someone of his limited ability.

these guys are just bitter and greedy individuals.who if they had thier way would not allow any one to talk about this or any other contravertial issue.thier plan is merely to shut us up and go back to the status quo

guess what it aint gonna happen,were here to stay

why? becouse unlike you we actualy drive taxi's for a living

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:27 pm 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
Has anyone noticed how when confronted by the truth of the situation RealCabforceforum fails to answer the post. :?:

I refer you to a previous post, re; Your credibility!!!, and moreso now the more I read the judgement, what a plonker you are!!
you have a cheek to go on about credibility :lol: :lol: :lol:
if the argument is credible thats enough for me and most people,unfortunately you dont seem to have one so whats youre point.

look up to my previouse post for youre answer :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:47 am 

Quote:
if the argument is credible thats enough for me and most people,unfortunately you dont seem to have one so whats youre point.

YOUR STUFFED! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:50 am 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
Quote:

that all you have to say
:lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:28 am 

ALI T wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:
Quote:

that all you have to say
:lol: :lol:

To you, what else can one say? apart from the obvious that is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:21 am 

ALI T wrote:
realcabfarce's stance

he has a plate wich he obtained for the licence fee at the time off the council
i also believe he has his name on the waiting list for a secondfree plate.and becouse if the council wish to refuse us they cannot give anyone on the list a plate(im pretty sure had we not applied that the survey would show at least some demand and he would have got his second plate)

~~~
these guys are just bitter and greedy individuals.who if they had thier way would not allow any one to talk about this or any other contravertial issue.thier plan is merely to shut us up and go back to the status quo

guess what it aint gonna happen,were here to stay

why? becouse unlike you we actualy drive taxi's for a living

Yes I have held a plate for a number of years, having initially obtained it from the council for the then applicable fees.

You are wrong (as usual) to believe that I have my name on the waiting list for a second plate.

I sincerely hope and believe that the survey will show no significant unmet demand because, as every sensible cabbie in Edinburgh knows, there is no unmet demand. Apart from which, it should have been realised by now that extra taxi numbers do not solve the problem they actually make it worse.

Perhaps, you will eventually admit that you are driven by greed alone. None of you actually have any business sense at all let alone acumen.

Think back on your record and look at the events you have caused or participated in - every one destructive - not one constructive point have you made, nor have you contributed constructively on any issue. You would be well advised to work a little harder in the taxi you drive, since I note that you are required to pay the council legal costs as well as your own.

One final point - Why are you and Thomson spouting on about this issue when neither of you are members of 3maxblack llp? William Conroy and William McLean are listed as the only current members with Garry Thomson having resigned on 5/5/2005, despite the LLP keeping their address as his home. You were never in it!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:34 am 

RealCabforce Wrote:

I sincerely hope and believe that the survey will show no significant unmet demand because, as every sensible cabbie in Edinburgh knows, there is no unmet demand. Apart from which, it should have been realised by now that extra taxi numbers do not solve the problem they actually make it worse.

Why don’t you explain to us all how keeping the Black Taxi feet’s numbers down has increased the work in the last 5 years? Don’t forget to mention how the increase in PHC is not an increase in taxi numbers. This is the same Ph you see plated out on the streets with their nice new MPV’s and their Satellite Navigation, keep in mind the fact that they are topping 800 and increasing between 15-25 a month.

Then we can talk about the falling profits and the increased plate value and why people should want to re-mortgage their homes to get on the owner ship ladder.

Just while you’re at it why don’t you tell the drivers why they can’t have a free plate, but they can have PHC.

The PHC will top a thousand in the next 2-3 years then what, let me guess it didn't happen.

[color=red][b]If you don't increase your fleet how do you increase your market share when faced with a more efficient competitor?

I am not surprise that you won't meet up with us or tell us your name anyone who talks as much [edited by admin] as you has everything to lose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:15 am 

Whilst this a good old ding dong, and I love nothing more, I think the points made by JD on the other thread are very relevant to those concerned. :shock:

So if I was a member of the Edinburgh cab trade, then all my thoughts would be there. Because therein lies the answers. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:48 am 

spot on sussex, and a fact that is not lost with us but is way over the head of these two dimwits, plans are already afoot.
but its good sport to get these two to make an arse of themselves and shoot them down late .we also enjoy a good ding dong :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:53 am 

realcabforce wrote
"Why are you and Thomson spouting on about this issue when neither of you are members of 3maxblack llp? you were never in it"

youre point?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:58 am 

RealCabforce Wrote:

"I sincerely hope and believe that the survey will show no significant unmet demand because, as every sensible cabbie in Edinburgh knows, there is no unmet demand. Apart from which, it should have been realised by now that extra taxi numbers do not solve the problem they actually make it worse."

of course why conduct a survey at all, why not just ask cabbies like you
im sure you have all the answers.:roll:
wait a munuite! isnt that what the council did when it kept itself informed of demand between surveys something that the courts have already stated isnt good enough. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:53 am 

ALI T wrote:
realcabforce wrote
"Why are you and Thomson spouting on about this issue when neither of you are members of 3maxblack llp? you were never in it"

youre point?

Did you not even go to Primary School and get a basic education?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:56 am 

ALI T wrote:
RealCabforce Wrote:

"I sincerely hope and believe that the survey will show no significant unmet demand because, as every sensible cabbie in Edinburgh knows, there is no unmet demand. Apart from which, it should have been realised by now that extra taxi numbers do not solve the problem they actually make it worse."

of course why conduct a survey at all, why not just ask cabbies like you
im sure you have all the answers.:roll:
wait a munuite! isnt that what the council did when it kept itself informed of demand between surveys something that the courts have already stated isnt good enough. :lol:

No. You are the one shouting about injustice and claiming that there is an unmet demand that requires additional taxis. i.e. additional to the ones that are ranked up to 12 deep doing nothing.

Like I said learn to read before you try writing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:00 am 

so tell me idiot where in edinburgh is this 12 space rank.
where indeed is thier any space for an overflow of twelve cars.
unless of course you are reffering to the station ranks wich although are not council ranks do have the volume of hires to justify the rank size?
please enlighten me i cant wait to go and have a look at this council rank.
one can only assume that youre refusal to answer my previuse post
or for that matter any other post,without jumping on to some other subject or resorting to insults.shows that you cannot backup any of you're statements.
the word panickmonger springs to mind.
what are you scared of that makes you act in this manner?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next