Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:06 pm 

Isn't it funny how some visitors to this site think that when a L.A. decides to de-limit they are right, but when an other decides to cap plate numbers. they are wrong. Either L.A's are capable of making a decision, or they are not. Let them make their own decisions, as the DfT say they should, or, take over local decisions and interfere at every local level. Funny, but I thought this government was in favour of regional goverment, and less central control. The sacred sirens on this site are wailing, and will not be satisfied until they have dragged us all onto the rocks. Well done to all council's that stand up to this bullying hectoring government, by saying we decide what is good for our own L.A.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:13 pm 

Are you seeing things Jimbo

I dont think anyone said South Tyneside were actually wrong.

Indeed I supported them justifying their decision.

regards

Captain cab

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:22 pm 

jimbo wrote:
Isn't it funny how some visitors to this site think that when a L.A. decides to de-limit they are right, but when an other decides to cap plate numbers. they are wrong. Either L.A's are capable of making a decision, or they are not.

I don't think they are fit to make these decisions, and look forward to the government or the EU getting rid of section 16.

If anyone is in any doubt as to the suitabililty of councillors to deal with our trade, I suggest they attend a few council meetings. :sad:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:00 pm 
Sussex wrote:
jimbo wrote:
Isn't it funny how some visitors to this site think that when a L.A. decides to de-limit they are right, but when an other decides to cap plate numbers. they are wrong. Either L.A's are capable of making a decision, or they are not.

I don't think they are fit to make these decisions, and look forward to the government or the EU getting rid of section 16.

If anyone is in any doubt as to the suitabililty of councillors to deal with our trade, I suggest they attend a few council meetings. :sad:

Its always someone else's fault isn't....Sussex....will be in billinghurst soon....mrT..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:15 am 

Nidge wrote:
derek hendry wrote:
The council has recently completed a survey and decided for the moment that there is no unmet demand. They have however decided to put a further 6 hackney plates on, all of which need to be WAV M1 spec and brand new, the brand new bit is being questioned by the hackney association.

What i would be intereste din, is where derestriction has occured what problems has it created.

Derek

We have de-restcricted in Mansfield and it's caused no end of problems, the main one being is there is not enough space for all the cars, secondly there is not enough work to go round, thirdly we are working more hours for less money. It's simple really put more cars on and the standards drop. Up to yet 5 drivers have sent their WAV's back to the finance companies because they can't make it pay and there are many more waiting to do so.

I wouldn't take any notice of this manic drepressive, he said in june 2003.

"For me to earn a decent living I have to clear £17,000 per year before I earn anything for myself, fuel, insurance, running costs etc etc."

Then he states on TDO that he's barely taking 200 a week. The guys a either serial liar or an idiot. perhaps both.

JD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:29 am 

MR T wrote:
Its always someone else's fault isn't....Sussex....will be in billinghurst soon....mrT..

Lucky lucky Billingshurst. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:30 pm 
JD wrote:
I wouldn't take any notice of this manic drepressive, he said in june 2003.

"For me to earn a decent living I have to clear £17,000 per year before I earn anything for myself, fuel, insurance, running costs etc etc."

Then he states on TDO that he's barely taking 200 a week. The guys a either serial liar or an idiot. perhaps both.

JD

Yeah and he should really listen to you JD shouldn't he.

Bring back what was said years ago, but don't achknowledge that people actually learn things on here, its why they come on.

Not everyone has such a biggoted opinion that they know it all, pity that such people are causing so much trouble within the trade when it comes to sites such as this, that they soon loose membership and so contribution.

I learn something new every day, people like JD claim they know it all.

B. Lucky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:40 am 

derek hendry wrote:
The council has recently completed a survey and decided for the moment that there is no unmet demand. They have however decided to put a further 6 hackney plates on, all of which need to be WAV M1 spec and brand new, the brand new bit is being questioned by the hackney association.

What i would be intereste din, is where derestriction has occured what problems has it created.

Derek

What I would be interested in Derek is at which committee meeting the council said they were going to issue 6 new plates. They are having a survey and no doubt it should be completed by now, which you confirm but unfortunately you don't mention when the council decision was made. In short can you supply us with a date this decison took place because as far as i know it wasn't the December, January or February committee meeting.

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:46 am 

http://www.northtyneside.gov.uk/minutes ... 040805.pdf

North Tyneside's decision to re-restrict

Regards

Captain cab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:21 am 
The solicitor wrote:
Do you know what justification they have given for keeping quotas, and what specific case have they made that it is not in the interest of consumers for market entry to be refused for those that meet the application criteria?

Read what it said block head, their reasons for keeping quotas is, NO UN-MET DEMAND.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:17 pm 

Nidge wrote:
The solicitor wrote:
Do you know what justification they have given for keeping quotas, and what specific case have they made that it is not in the interest of consumers for market entry to be refused for those that meet the application criteria?

Read what it said block head, their reasons for keeping quotas is, NO UN-MET DEMAND.

Nigel in your dream world such an answer might suffice, but the gov wants to know the answers to the questions I posed.

Read the gov's statement. It says that councils should only keep quotas if they have a proper justification. So what is it?

But I did ask the local lad why, not you. So unless you can offer a bit of sense, please go back to you conspiracy pile. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:20 am 

Read the gov's statement. It says that councils should only keep quotas if they have a proper justification. So what is it?

Suspect,

What the Government, or for that matter, the OFT, say is NOT the law.
The Law as quoted by this council is the 1985 ACT, ok ?
The Govt have said they will review the matter in ''three'' years if it considers necessary.
The Govt says many such things.
They are ALL meaningless as they change with the weather.
You cannot go to a court of law and say ''the govt said so''.
They will ask you for the ACT or case law.
Okay ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:41 am 

cheshirebest wrote:
What the Government, or for that matter, the OFT, say is NOT the law.
The Law as quoted by this council is the 1985 ACT, ok ?
The Govt have said they will review the matter in ''three'' years if it considers necessary.
The Govt says many such things.
They are ALL meaningless as they change with the weather.
You cannot go to a court of law and say ''the govt said so''.
They will ask you for the ACT or case law.
Okay ?

The 1985 Act just says un-met demand, and the following guidance clarified what they meant.

It appears that further clarification has been given, either by the courts or by the DfT i.e. latent demand and plate values.

We also have to think about EU law, but of course you have written that off I suspect. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:44 am 

Nidge wrote:

Nigel instead of guessing what they said, why not ring up the LO and ask him.

He will tell you that no decision has been made. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:08 am 

The 1985 Act just says un-met demand, and the following guidance clarified what they meant.

It appears that further clarification has been given, either by the courts or by the DfT i.e. latent demand and plate values.

We also have to think about EU law, but of course you have written that off I suspect.

Yes, Suspect, Go and check the definition of ''Guidance''
It is NOT the law and Councils can make their own decisions to suit their own ''local conditions''.
In Greater Manchester we have TEN Licensing authorities neighbouring each other.
NOT ONE has a De-Limiting policy.
They are aware that should any one do it, it will cause chaos and mayhem as there will be thousands of H/Cs trying to work the same patch and there is no way the authorities will be able to control anything.
No-one will earn enough to pay the bills etc and the rest of the associated problems will follow.
In my view the best policy is in Manchester where we have ''controlled'' expansion on the back of a survey.
Did you work in the Motor Manufacturing industry in the 70's ?
They were bent or ruining everything and succeded so much that there are none left to speak of in the UK.