UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:28 am 

Gateshead Angel wrote:
Alex wrote:
JD wrote:
If it weren't for this website we wouldn't know that would we?

I look forward to the DfT giving members of this site plenty of thanks for getting the list right. [-(

Alex

I want no thanks as nothing is written in my name under the heading of the site.

Even though the list isn't a true reflection of either restrictive practice or plate values.

In short it tells the half of the tale that suits the argument offered, not the argument that some members are offering in opposition, and therefore the whole picture.

B. Lucky

I don't think Alex meant ALL members.

In any case, how many hundreds of times does it have to be explained to you what the lists consists of and what's not in it?

It's been explained to you umpteen times and it's explained in the document, everyone else in the country seems to know what the document is about and there have been no compaints except from you.

Mabye if you had tried to compile something similar you would appreciate the work that a certain member has put into this, which is the only record of its kind in the country, and would then be less keen to carp and criticise.

But you never will, so you'll never know.

By the way, whatever happened to this 'official' compaint that you were going to lodge?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:35 am 
jESUS DUSTY!

I dont believe you sometimes!

what I would like to know is what argument does the said member think john is promoting?

cos all I see is a valuable list of premiums

it does not mention Gateshead and that hurts!

cos no mention means they are irrelevant in the eyes of one member

well I will go along with that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:59 am 
Yorkie wrote:
jESUS DUSTY!

what I would like to know is what argument does the said member think john is promoting?

It doesn't mention any area where saloon plates are still demanding a premium following derestriction for WAVs, and there are more areas than Gateshead that could be included.

The list tells half a story, it is incomplete and therefore inaccurate. All it does is put forward the bias argument of JD and is only intended to confuse and mislead.

Innit Mr S.

B. Lucky :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:11 am 
Gateshead Angel wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
jESUS DUSTY!

It doesn't mention any area where saloon plates are still demanding a premium following derestriction for WAVs, and there are more areas than Gateshead that could be included.

The list tells half a story, it is incomplete and therefore inaccurate. All it does is put forward the bias argument of JD and is only intended to confuse and mislead.

Innit Mr S.

B. Lucky :evil:

I think you are hell bent on getting barred for some unearthly reason, and I think Taxi Driver Online ought to grant your wish god only knows youve tried hard enough for long enough.

Gateshead are an excelent licensing authority, like all at the moment struggling to implement the drinking license regime, into the council.

when they have finished maybe the war you have going with the salloon owners over there can be settled and they can all go WAV.

THEY WOULD HAVE PROBABLY SORTED THIS OUT SOONER, but cannot acede to the request of somone who is so unreasonable as you.

councils have to be reasonable, we all should be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:13 pm 
Yorkie wrote:
when they have finished maybe the war you have going with the salloon owners over there can be settled and they can all go WAV.

What war wanksplash, your statement suggests that they want to go WAV, if that were the case then they would just sell their saloon plate and go WAV.

The situation now is that saloon plate values have dropped, this drop followed the councils allowance of the Fiat Doblo vehicle. Some drivers have sold saloon plates and financed 2 doblos, driving one and renting the other out, but you won't believe that until you come up here, as it contradicts the argument that derestriction will get every jockey in a vehicle of their own.

The drivers have the power to do whatever they want, if they choose to stick together then they will achieve their goals if they don't then they won't. Then of course you have offices forming "groups" in an attempt to discredit a unified HC trade, the problem is that the drivers these groups are mean't to represent have no idea of their existance nor are they consulted for any imput into the group, sounds to much like our previous association.

B. Lucky :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:45 pm 

Gateshead Angel wrote:
[It doesn't mention any area where saloon plates are still demanding a premium following derestriction for WAVs, and there are more areas than Gateshead that could be included.

For the hundreth time, the list comprises LAs where HC plates are restricted, HC plates are not restricted in Gateshead.

One category of HC plates are restricted in Gateshead, and the fact that this is the case in some authorities is outlined quite clearly in the document.

You might as well say that the fact that you don't tell us about the several plates you've had, the success or otherwise of your fast-tan business, your extension, several foreign holidays a year, two cars in the drive and new bike in the garage in every post you make renders your messages misleading.

Well it doesn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:48 pm 

Gateshead Angel wrote:
The situation now is that saloon plate values have dropped, this drop followed the councils allowance of the Fiat Doblo vehicle. Some drivers have sold saloon plates and financed 2 doblos, driving one and renting the other out, but you won't believe that until you come up here, as it contradicts the argument that derestriction will get every jockey in a vehicle of their own.

Oh dear, another twist in the tale.

By the way, who has ever argued your last point?

Another attempt to mislead?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:29 pm 
Gateshead Angel wrote:
Yorkie wrote:

What war wanksplash, your statement suggests that they want to go WAV, if that were the case then they would just sell their saloon plate and go WAV.

The

well the sratement is not intended to say that, but intended to say YOU want all wav to create a level playing field

how delighted I am that you confirm Gateshead have the doblo

they will soon have Renault master 8 seaters.

see you soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:17 pm 
Yorkie wrote:

see you soon.

Good luck with them Yorkie, you've obviously had a word with the bloke operating a 8 seater Transit up here, as well as the bloke who went out of business operating a couple of similar vehicles.

You will also be aware that they are refered to as "sunshine busses" by the majority of customers who also refuse to travel in them, as well as the fact that every single HC driver will do nothing to promote their use to anyone they carry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:01 am 
Gateshead Angel wrote:
Yorkie wrote:

see you soon.

Good luck with them Yorkie, you've obviously had a word with the bloke operating a 8 seater Transit up here, as well as the bloke who went out of business operating a couple of similar vehicles.

You will also be aware that they are refered to as "sunshine busses" by the majority of customers who also refuse to travel in them, as well as the fact that every single HC driver will do nothing to promote their use to anyone they carry.

excelent ,Brilliant. Supercalafregelisticexpealidocious, thats what I want to hear, going to a land where there are no copycats!

Iam extatic to hear what you say,

how long do you think it will be b4 someone notices they are always full>

god let it be years!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:06 am 
I can see it now
TYNE SUNSHINE TAXIBUS

HEY how about a deal for some advertising?

thats an excelent name Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:55 am 
Yorkie, I take back every bad word I have ever said about you mate, you must have balls the size of Tynemouth.

I know your not a stupid man, I know you'll have researched the market and be confident of getting a good share of it, however I have some concerns which I would be willing to share with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:09 pm 

Quote:
TYNE SUNSHINE

Yorkie, need i point out the glaring inaccuracy of the name?

GA could get you on misleading the public :wink:

Captain cab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:19 pm 
Gateshead Angel wrote:
Yorkie, I take back every bad word I have ever said about you mate, you must have balls the size of Tynemouth.

I know your not a stupid man, I know you'll have researched the market and be confident of getting a good share of it, however I have some concerns which I would be willing to share with you.

you could PM?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:57 pm 

Quote:
Yorkie, I take back every bad word I have ever said about you

bejezus, from memory theres been a few :shock: :wink:

Captain cab