Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:39 pm 

Some may feel sorry for those lads that have bought plates, I don't.

However I wont be dancing around when the big 'D' happens, but I wont be crying either.

For those that defend the queue jumping way, just imagine how happy you would be if someone could buy the right to go straight to the front of the rank, bypassing all the other HCs that are waiting there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:02 am 
Sussex Man wrote:

However I wont be dancing around when the big 'D' happens, but I wont be crying either.

For those that defend the queue jumping way, just imagine how happy you would be if someone could buy the right to go straight to the front of the rank, bypassing all the other HCs that are waiting there?

Sussex you take the [edited by admin] leave it alone you are beccoming obsesive, Ques as you call them are ilegal too.

lets for once pause for a moment and let the change commence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:06 am 

2old4this wrote:
I know about 4 drivers who brought there plates about 5 months ago for £55,000 and a very upset due to the OFT report :cry:

So did they know about the OFT study, and if so, what were they thinking about it when they bought their plates?

Dusty :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:07 am 

2old4this wrote:

Only the the driver selling his taxi know about it or the buyer averything is kept secret from the council :oops:

So why was it secret, there's nothing illegal about it is there??

Dusty :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:56 am 

Anonymous wrote:
Sussex Man wrote:

Sussex you take the [edited by admin] leave it alone you are beccoming obsesive, Ques as you call them are ilegal too.

That may well be the case.

However in that reply I seemed to have missed the point being challenged. :? :? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:56 am 
Sussex Man wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Sussex Man wrote:

That may well be the case.

However in that reply I seemed to have missed the point being challenged. :? :? :?

well you would wouldnt you,
its this you are carrying on a tirade of yah boo politics, it does not help the debate, does not move us on is neausiating, repetative, and bloody offensive, the taxi trade after oft is being hammered with change, we can well do without the taunting, moving on how to achieve the change.to the benefit of all parties involved for once that includes the cabbies.

your "they are losing a bagfull of cash ha ha ha" is wholy unhelpful.

you know what I was getting at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:59 am 

So you expect all those they have been discriminated by a s*** policy to keep their gob shut.

I don't think so.

As for yah boo polictics, well I suggest you read what all sides of the trade are saying. Oh, and my point still hasn't been addressed.

Perhaps I should answer it, and say that if I was on the rank and someone could pay to go to the front, I would find it abhorant.

See, not hard is it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:01 pm 
Sussex Man wrote:
So you expect all those they have been discriminated by a s*** policy to keep their gob shut.

I don't think so.

As for yah boo polictics, well I suggest you read what all sides of the trade are saying. Oh, and my point still hasn't been addressed.

Perhaps I should answer it, and say that if I was on the rank and someone could pay to go to the front, I would find it abhorant.

See, not hard is it?

you havnt been discriminated against at all, how do you work that one out?
you have said repeatedly you dont want a hackney licence as they are inferior!

jesus moses you are not on rank and therefore the matter is hypothetical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:42 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
you havnt been discriminated against at all, how do you work that one out?

Well you could say that I have been discriminated against by not having the black-market money to queue jump. I think the PC buzz words are 'Socially Excluded'

If you wish to have chapter and verse about how the existing laws discriminate against ethnic colleagues, then the CRE is the place to go looking. I'm quite sure they would love to debate with those that believe otherwise.

Do you also not think that having a waiting list that insists that applicants work in the trade full-time, discriminates against women. Especially when you have some areas where drivers wait up to 26 years?

It's also my un-professional view that restricting numbers is against Europe freedom of movement laws. In that I mean that if a taxi driver moved from Paris to Manchester, he would not be able to have a plate, even if he met all the conditions required.

This was touched on in the big Irish deregulation Court action.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:47 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
you have said repeatedly you dont want a hackney licence as they are inferior!

jesus moses you are not on rank and therefore the matter is hypothetical.

Two things.

Firstly, you will spend a long time finding any quotes from SM, saying that I don't wont a HC vehicle license.

Secondly, the fact that I don't currently sit on taxi ranks, doesn't really mean such a senario is hypothetical, because many others do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:27 pm 
I thought that the plates belong to the council, so if someone is selling their cab why don't the plates go back to the council to be given to the next person on the list? The council must know about it, because don't the cabs and plates have to be registered to the new owner?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:56 pm 

I think it's because plates aren't sold, but transferred. Even though to you and me it's the same thing.

Alex

Simply the best taxi forum in the whole wide world. www.taxi-driver.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:24 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
I thought that the plates belong to the council, so if someone is selling their cab why don't the plates go back to the council to be given to the next person on the list? The council must know about it, because don't the cabs and plates have to be registered to the new owner?

lists are unlawfull and just as bad as plate selling

not every authority has lists mine for one does not, mainly beccause they are law abiding lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:42 pm 
So what happens when your council issue more plates?
Who gets them?
Is it the oldest bugger, the young guns, do they have a lottery, aphabetical order.
Waiting lists may be wrong. But i dont see any sensible alternative.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:52 am 
Cgull wrote:
So what happens when your council issue more plates?
Who gets them?
Is it the oldest bugger, the young guns, do they have a lottery, aphabetical order.
Waiting lists may be wrong. But i dont see any sensible alternative.

The council have 7 zones, in 6 anyone with a wheelchair accessible vehicle may have a license.

in the 7th anyone who can proove significant unmet demand may have a license.

in 30 years no one has done so.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next