Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:55 pm 

streetcar wrote:
Leave mr abdul haq aloan, he is working at least 27 hours a day .

Does he have a bother called Nigel? :D

Post subject: Re: Reigate
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:58 pm 

fatcatcabbie wrote:
I am at a loss to understand why ,T D O and J D take great delight in the demise of the taxi owner . I dont know if there was a plate premium in Reigate , but there more than likely was . People have probably borrowed , buying cabs thinking that there would be, a supply of drivers to help buy, the cab and give a bit, of an income as well . Now all that has changed . Drivers will now be free to own there own taxis . Owners could go bust , people could well loose there homes . You should be putting the case for the owner and owner drivers first . fatcat

I don't think they delight in it one bit, but they believe that all drivers should be treated the same by the council.

If someone if deemed 'fit and proper' by a council to drive a motor, then they should be deemed 'fit and proper' to own one, without having to pay tens of thousands of pounds to someone who got their plate for nothing, from the same council. :wink:

If I gambled, I would bet you anything that those Reigate owners wouldn't give a stuff about the number of drivers licensed, as long as they drive existing vehicles.

It's the fact that they may license and drive their own vehicles that sticks in their throats. And that's what's wrong with the cab trade. :sad:

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:54 pm 

fatcatcabbie wrote:
I am at a loss to understand why ,T D O and J D take great delight in the demise of the taxi owner .

I'm at a loss as to how you come to this conclusion - perhaps you could point out examples of this, or I'll assume you're just trying to misrepresent the situation.

But I should point out that I'm concerned at all the trade, whereas you are no doubt only bothered about the OWNERS, as your statement above would seem to indicate.

Quote:
I dont know if there was a plate premium in Reigate , but there more than likely was . People have probably borrowed , buying cabs thinking that there would be, a supply of drivers to help buy, the cab and give a bit, of an income as well . Now all that has changed . Drivers will now be free to own there own taxis . Owners could go bust , people could well loose there homes . You should be putting the case for the owner and owner drivers first . fatcat

So why risk their house on such a risky venture?

Maybe because the likes of the T&G and NTA are good at putting out misleading information about what's going on. You'd think any responsible organisation would be telling people that buying a plate is a big risk, but instead they are trying to engender the opposite view.

So when there's a risk that plate premiums might disappear they try to blame others, whereas in fact it's these organisations that should be held to account.

So why do they do this - simply to protect their own premiums.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:06 pm 
TDO wrote:
So when there's a risk that plate premiums might disappear they try to blame others, whereas in fact it's these organisations that should be held to account.

So why do they do this - simply to protect their own premiums.

it's also easier for the T&G and the NTA to recuit the thick if they are fed lies and scare stories.
shame really because the truth is always the truth, and their lies are always their lies. :sad:

Post subject: TdO JD
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:01 pm 

I sense envy , we cant help the way things are, plate owners aquired there plates quite legally. Why dont you attack people who gained there wealth illegally . Theres only one small problem with delimiting it might well work in little soft southern towns , but in northern citys , with even now , grinding unemployment IT WONT WORK Mr T KNOWS IT COUNCILS KNOW IT . I KNOW IT . Delimit in northen citys there would be a line a mile long, with people trying to better them selves . Stop giving upstart taxi drivers hope just let them ,accept there lot you are not doing them any favours . fatcat

Post subject: Re: TdO JD
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:43 pm 

fatcatcabbie wrote:
I sense envy , we cant help the way things are, plate owners aquired there plates quite legally.

Well you sense wrong. Most of the folks who have posted on this thread are bonified 100% pukka taxi owner/drivers. Except me, I'm the same but have a little roof light. :wink:

But we can help the way things are, and if something is wrong, albeit not illegal, then it's only right if those that do think it's wrong, to say why. :-$

We have one or two London cabbies on here, and most welcome they are, but one wonders what they would feel like if after passing their knowledge the PCO said they can't have their own plates, they must drive someone else's.

Unless of course they wanted to front up 50/60/70 thousand (who knows) for a piece of plastic to stick on the 30 thousand pound motor.

This is what the T&G and the NTA want. Thankfully it appears they ain't going to get it. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:55 pm 

Sussex wrote:
We have one or two London cabbies on here, and most welcome they are, but one wonders what they would feel like if after passing their knowledge the PCO said they can't have their own plates

My wife would have been delighted if that has been the case. :wink:

Luckily for me I got one. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:00 pm 

fatcatcabbie wrote:
Theres only one small problem with delimiting it might well work in little soft southern towns , but in northern citys , with even now , grinding unemployment IT WONT WORK Mr T KNOWS IT COUNCILS KNOW IT . I KNOW IT . Delimit in northen citys there would be a line a mile long, with people trying to better them selves . Stop giving upstart taxi drivers hope just let them ,accept there lot you are not doing them any favours . fatcat

So it it the unemployed or upstart taxi drivers that you consider would be the problem, or are you contradicting yourself on purpose?

Let them eat cake :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:31 pm 
fatcatcabbie wrote:
I sense envy , we cant help the way things are, plate owners aquired there plates quite legally. Why dont you attack people who gained there wealth illegally . Theres only one small problem with delimiting it might well work in little soft southern towns , but in northern citys , with even now , grinding unemployment IT WONT WORK Mr T KNOWS IT COUNCILS KNOW IT . I KNOW IT . Delimit in northen citys there would be a line a mile long, with people trying to better them selves . Stop giving upstart taxi drivers hope just let them ,accept there lot you are not doing them any favours . fatcat

i dont envy anyone ive got my plate for nothing and why should my mates who drive ph have to pay for one.
all councils give plates away.
why should drivers trade them?

Post subject: Fatcat
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:17 pm 

Your arrogant attitude, seem typical of fleet owners . That s if you are one . This line a mile long if there is one, will be made up of proper taxi drivers and dare i say it greedy fleet owners who will , like has happend in the past , panick the local council into putting limits back on . The central thing ,that you do not grasp is you have to have the most vigorous quality standards . As an example in liverpool, i think a six year maximum age for a taxi should be inforced , fleet owners of course would do there greedy nuts, tough . A proper street knowlege test here a few examples of the present liverpool test . Setter&vine pub to the boundary pub pilch lane. answer queens drive east . prescot road. NEXT Queens restaurant . to aigburth station answer queens drive mossley hill road. I could go on its just a joke . all this to make it simpler for fleet owners to recruite drivers . They dont care about quality just money.

Post subject: Re: Fatcat
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:34 pm 

streetcar wrote:
As an example in liverpool, i think a six year maximum age for a taxi should be inforced

Yikes :shock: Do you posses shares in Manganese Bronze Holdings by any chance?

Where would all the old London Taxi's retire to?

Equality for retired Taxi's now.

No ageism on this site you know, or Racism come to mention it. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:43 pm 
greenbadgecabby wrote:
streetcar wrote:
As an example in liverpool, i think a six year maximum age for a taxi should be inforced

Yikes :shock: Do you posses shares in Manganese Bronze Holdings by any chance?

Equality for retired Taxi's now.

No ageism on this site you know, or Racism come to mention it. :wink:

:roll: :roll: G.B.C,.....same problem as you "aliens" , but ours come from another planet...mr ..T.. :lol: :cry:

Post subject: Greenbadge
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:28 pm 

Liverpool is building a 15million pound cruise liner terminal . Do you want to see a rich american get off, hopefully the Q E 2 . To be greeted by a iconic T X II . Or by one of your rejected , L reg rust bucket s. Who cares what you do, with the poor over the hill taxi s . best wishes Streetcar.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:02 pm 

greenbadgecabby wrote:

I think Sefton will license anyone and anything. :roll:

Post subject: Re: Greenbadge
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:25 pm 

streetcar wrote:
Liverpool is building a 15million pound cruise liner terminal . Do you want to see a rich american get off, hopefully the Q E 2 . To be greeted by a iconic T X II . Or by one of your rejected , L reg rust bucket s. Who cares what you do, with the poor over the hill taxi s . best wishes Streetcar.

Can I introduce you to Mr Paragraph?

Have a chat with him.

Ey Ey Ey, caaallmmm down. :wink: