Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:00 pm 

well i have also made an observation, and like i said when the majority of the drivers were white the councillors would have also been white, they never de regulated it, so just because the majority of the drivers are asian you believe it is a race thing, how sad, anyway you guys keep going with your campaigns to drive people out of business, lose the value of thier licenses, work longer hours, having more cars on the road, you keep it up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:28 pm 

187ums wrote:
anyway you guys keep going with your campaigns to drive people out of business, lose the value of thier licenses, work longer hours, having more cars on the road, you keep it up!

So are you a fan of the multi owners in places like Liverpool and Cardiff? :?

That aside, answer me a couple of questions please.

Which side of the trade has grown and taken huge amounts of work off the other side of the trade? :?

And if number quotas are such a good thing, why does that side of the trade not need them? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:09 am 
Sussex wrote:
187ums wrote:
anyway you guys keep going with your campaigns to drive people out of business, lose the value of thier licenses, work longer hours, having more cars on the road, you keep it up!

Which side of the trade has grown and taken huge amounts of work off the other side of the trade? :?

And if number quotas are such a good thing, why does that side of the trade not need them? :?

8) And why does a member of that side of the trade want to be a member of this side of the trade??

Sussex ..You want to be careful what doors you open for you do not know what comes through them after you!!, remember the taxi trade is the only form of public transport open to expansion, No monopolies commissions here........T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:53 am 

MR T wrote:
Sussex wrote:
187ums wrote:

8) And why does a member of that side of the trade want to be a member of this side of the trade??

Sussex ..You want to be careful what doors you open for you do not know what comes through them after you!!, remember the taxi trade is the only form of public transport open to expansion, No monopolies commissions here........T

Can you Explain expansion?

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:28 am 

MR T wrote:

I can assure you I'm very careful, but thanks for the advice. :wink:

I'm simply a fan of allowing drivers to decide for themselves, not me, not you, not Queen Victoria, not two bob councils, not stupid councillors, not gutless LOs, but drivers. 8-[

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:10 am 
Sussex wrote:
MR T wrote:

I can assure you I'm very careful, but thanks for the advice. :wink:

I'm simply a fan of allowing drivers to decide for themselves, not me, not you, not Queen Victoria, not two bob councils, not stupid councillors, not gutless LOs, but drivers. 8-[

And you reckon that it is safe for them to do that !!....oh ..but at your leve you would, .....I dont suppose that you buy their car's off them when they go bust,..goood little earner selling the same car over and over...T :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:38 am 

Well Private Hire may well have increased, however it does not directly mean that they are taking work from Hackney's. They have an assortment of meters and do an assortment of work, and some customers prefer them to black cabs.

Where I am people are already complaining that their are too many PH and that the council or the operators should do something, why? because its getting saturated i.e. people having to work longer harder etc...

Why do they want to come over to Hackneys? I guess they believe that the grass is greener on this side.

You guys bleat on about PH meeting unmet demand, well from my experiences all they do is look for the big job, if a small comes thier way they are not interested, because thier operator does not have that quality of work.

Anyway like i said if the coucillors were originally white and the drivers were also white, why did de-reg never occurr??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:49 pm 

MR T wrote:
And you reckon that it is safe for them to do that !!....oh ..but at your leve you would, .....I dont suppose that you buy their car's off them when they go bust,..goood little earner selling the same car over and over...T :wink: :D

I happen to believe self-employed drivers should decide for themselves.

If they f*** up, then they only have themselves to blame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:57 pm 

187ums wrote:
Well Private Hire may well have increased, however it does not directly mean that they are taking work from Hackney's. They have an assortment of meters and do an assortment of work, and some customers prefer them to black cabs.

I doubt there is a restricted taxi area in the country that hasn't lost significant trade to PH. So we will just have to differ. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:01 pm 

187ums wrote:
Why do they want to come over to Hackneys? I guess they believe that the grass is greener on this side.

A significant amount of PH don't, they are more than happy with their lot.

But you have fallen into the trap in thinking that only PH owners/drivers want to jump codes. I would say that there are more taxi journeymen wanting taxi plates, than PH drivers.

And they already know how green the grass is. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:24 pm 

Well I think i have gotten a little side tracked, what i want to know is what does asian councillors have to do with asian drivers and de-reg? i am still amazed at this statement!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:19 pm 
JD wrote:
MR T wrote:
Sussex wrote:
187ums wrote:

JD

The cab and priveate hire trade is virgin territory to someone outside of the trade,I was looking at a new purpose built radio system today it will be operational in the next 6 months, it has everything, I was being told that the next generation of system will have the capacity to run every cab and private hire car in the country....We have a bus co called arriva in L,pool it ate all of the others up ,Now we have a train co called arriva....T 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:34 pm 

MR T wrote:
JD wrote:
MR T wrote:
Sussex wrote:
187ums wrote:

JD

The cab and priveate hire trade is virgin territory to someone outside of the trade,I was looking at a new purpose built radio system today it will be operational in the next 6 months, it has everything, I was being told that the next generation of system will have the capacity to run every cab and private hire car in the country....We have a bus co called arriva in L,pool it ate all of the others up ,Now we have a train co called arriva....T 8) 8)

I still can't grasp your reasoning about expansion and the Taxi trade.

I can see the reasoning in one private hire firm taking customers from another whether or not the private hiring is done by a Hackney or Private hire vehicle. I don't see much expansion in that but I do see competition.

I can also see a scenario where an individual owner might wish to expand his compliment of Cabs but that scenario is limited because it very rarely applies in Authorities that have deregulated numbers.

I can't see the point of spending large amounts of money on state of the art equipment when perhaps there are cheaper options available that do the job adequately. State of the art equipment is not going to gain you more customers although some might say it will, one thing it will most certainly do is put a larger hole in your already very deep pockets.

There could be room for expansion and opportunities in the Taxibus trade, however most so called Taxibus services are subsidised, it would be interesting to see how they cope without a subsidy.

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:54 pm 

explain this to me - my area is restricted and i wanted to drive a black cab. now i went to the council to enquire for a plate, they said no can do as the survey shows thier is not enough significant demand.

So i go and do private hire and wait to see what happens, finally i bite the bullet knowing that my council is not de-regging any time soon and pay the market rate for a plate.

Some people would say i am taking a huge risk, but my point is i took that risk, so why should some Johnny come Lately start to moan that the asians own all the cabs? if you want to drive a black cab, pay the market price and you can drive one.

One other thing, if they ever de-regged in my area, a lot of drivers would be f*****, why? because some people are plain envious and have no understanding of the reality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:06 am 

187ums wrote:
Some people would say i am taking a huge risk, but my point is i took that risk, so why should some Johnny come Lately start to moan that the asians own all the cabs? if you want to drive a black cab, pay the market price and you can drive one.

I would say all people should be saying you are taking a huge risk, apart from maybe those that are selling their plates. :-k

As for Johnny come Latelys, well to me they are those folk that buy plates and queue jump the lads on the waiting list.

But hey, who gives a f*** about them. :sad:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next