Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:30 am 

Quote:
did a job to Slough, this evening, they were trying to flag me down.

So much for deregulation means more cars on the road.

NIMBY springs to mind

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:15 am 

and your point is??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:47 pm 

Allright for Slough to be deregulated but not Oxford

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:23 pm 

Well its not allright for Slough to be deregulated! read the minutes of the meeting and all you can see is corruption everywhere. Tell me if dereg is so good why have Wycombe stopped issuing plates? is it because all and sundry have tried getting a plate? and is it because the council have realised that thier is no more space in town for them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:54 pm 

187ums wrote:
Well its not allright for Slough to be deregulated! read the minutes of the meeting and all you can see is corruption everywhere.

There was no accusation of corruption levelled at the council by MANJITSINGH AUJLA, JASWINDAR SINGH SEEHRA, and JATINDER SINGH MASHIANA in the court proceedings. Perhaps you can cut and paste the relevant passages that brought you to that conclusion?

If you can't provide evidence of their corruption it might be wise to withdraw the comment and offer your apologies.

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:10 pm 

50 cabs in Hgh Wycombe are more than enough to sit on the ranks in town doing nothing as the town is being redeveloped 500 plus private hire cars can more than cope with any unmet demand,just go down into Marlow any Fri/Sat and see all those p/h ranking up along with their h/c cousins and out of area cabs coming over from Maidenhead for a LITTLE TOUT. Plenty of space for night ranks in Wycombe and Marlow BUT YOU WILL STILL GET P/H AND H/C SIDE BY SIDE who wants to upset there relations

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:39 pm 

187ums wrote:
Tell me if dereg is so good why have Wycombe stopped issuing plates? is it because all and sundry have tried getting a plate? and is it because the council have realised that thier is no more space in town for them?

You have been advised once before of the current situation in Wycombe. The position is this, Although Wycombe District council has removed restrictions on numbers they haven't as yet issued any licenses because they are awaiting the County Council to allocate more rank space.

Now I'm sure we all know that Wycombe do not have the legal right to refuse a license once they have changed to a policy of de-ristriction. Therefore anyone who really wants a license in Wycombe should threaten them with court action.

So now you know why they haven't issued any licenses.

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:17 pm 

The reason they do not want a h/c license in Wycombe is because why spend 30000 pounds on a new tx2 when you can earn your money the same in a 3000 pound skanker and tout all the time with hardly any chance of getting caught

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:47 pm 

187ums wrote:
is it because all and sundry have tried getting a plate?

So you don't want all and sundry to own their own vehicles, but it's just fine and dandy if they drive them for others. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:44 pm 
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:43 am 

It didn't make much sense in the other thread either :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:56 am 

I think if the problem is as bad as you describe it then it must be down to a lack of enforcement. why dont you guys do an awareness scheme with the council advising the public of the dangers of getting into a unlicensed veichle!

I am sure that the Black Cab Business exists in Wycombe, after all it was thier before deregulation not everyone wants a PH.

JD - where does it say that I am taking sides? apologise for what? as for Wycombe. they did issure more plates, my mate runs the shop who fits meters for everyone, and some of the Wycombe Boys came down and had them installed!!

Sussex 0 you have to understand tha the business requires new blood to survive, this system will give them the opportunity to learn about the job before they commit themselves to an investment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:26 am 

JD wrote:
187ums wrote:
Well its not allright for Slough to be deregulated! read the minutes of the meeting and all you can see is corruption everywhere.

There was no accusation of corruption levelled at the council by MANJITSINGH AUJLA, JASWINDAR SINGH SEEHRA, and JATINDER SINGH MASHIANA in the court proceedings. Perhaps you can cut and paste the relevant passages that brought you to that conclusion?

If you can't provide evidence of their corruption it might be wise to withdraw the comment and offer your apologies.

Regards

JD

Fear, panic, what can I say? JD you will be lucky to get anything out of the man remotely coherent?

Lot to lose you see.

A wee bit of advice 187ums, when someone has got you bent over with both hands on your shoulders his intentions are not always honourable. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:29 am 

We do have enforcement but not permanantly mostly fri/sat nights as I said earlier h/c and p/h are all related council come out and they all disapear,as for blacks cabs we went from 11 to 3 once the council deregulated and allowed them to go to saloon cars.The 8 extra plates were issued before deregulation none have been issued since.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:43 pm 

hey Skull, how does it feel giving all that money away each week to your Boss the Owner?