Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:06 am 

i often see 10 to 12 cars at the gayfield rank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:13 am 

deegang wrote:

really they would be half way round london road roundabout if thier were 12 :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:29 am 

ALI T wrote:
deegang wrote:

really they would be half way round london road roundabout if thier were 12 :lol: :lol:

You see "deegang" there is no point in stating a fact on here because you quite simply are dealing with desparados and extremely stupid and dangerous ones at that, anything that shows the truth about taxi numbers in Edinburgh will not be tolerated, if this [edited by admin] maybe moved from his lonesome stance at the caley box (there's only one crap pub there now aliT,just look across the road to see the busy rank) he might see that most ranks are full of cabs and the backstreets are full of parked up phc. THAT IS A FACT. Ask the phc if they want more Phc on the road, I bet the answer would be a resounding NO! The fact of the matter is Edinburgh is well served at the moment, a fact that should come out in the "sud" Then where will you be "[edited by admin]", I can predict that one too,probably at the insolvency court trying to get rid of maxtwat as quick as possible.
Now "deegang watch what happens to these stated facts which you and I know to be true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:27 am 

Realcabforceforum Wrote:

I sincerely hope and believe that the survey will show no significant unmet demand because, as every sensible cabbie in Edinburgh knows, there is no unmet demand. Apart from which, it should have been realised by now that extra taxi numbers do not solve the problem they actually make it worse.

Why don’t you explain to us all how keeping the Black Taxi feet’s numbers down has increased the work in the last 5 years? Don’t forget to mention how the increase in PHC is not an increase in taxi numbers. This is the same Ph you see plated out on the streets with their nice new MPV’s and their Satellite Navigation, keep in mind the fact that they are topping 800 and increasing between 15-25 a month.

Then we can talk about the falling profits and the increased plate value and why people should want to re-mortgage their homes to get on the owner ship ladder.

Just while you’re at it why don’t you tell the drivers why they can’t have a free plate, but they can have PHC.

The PHC will top a thousand in the next 2-3 years then what; let me guess it didn't happen.

If you don't increase your fleet how do you increase your market share when faced with a more efficient competitor?

I am not surprise that you won't meet up with us or tell us your name anyone who talks as much s**t as you has everything to lose.

Funny how this post keeps popping up but you fail to answer it, how about you Deegang, do you want to answer the points raised?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:52 am 

RealCabforce/RealCabforceforum

Whether you like it or not, Edinburgh is going the same way as Glasgow and other Cities where the Ph go on unabated.

What we are discussing here is how long is it before the Ph have taken most of the call work, the continual fall in profits, and longer working hours. It’s only a matter of time before you can’t get on the ranks and the Ph are telling you where to go. The Private Hire Industry is [edited by admin] to drive in but a growth industry never the less. The company owners are the ones who make all the money. The more vehicles the more work the more profit and nearly all at your expense.

You can’t seriously expect anyone to pay £70,000 for a taxi and plate knowing that we are the only business in town where our market share is contracting and profits are falling.

The Edinburgh Taxi Trades answer to everything is to do nothing before it’s too late. The trade representatives don’t represent anyone but themselves. The taxi owners just put their head in the sand and pretend it is not happening, tomorrow will never come. Nothing in this town will change unless change is force upon them and you are right I don’t care how this comes about I don’t even care if I am driving a taxi tomorrow. As far as I am concerned you pay your money you take your chances. I don’t like the idea of longer hours and falling profits, driving a Taxi is [edited by admin] when you have no control over your trade or your business. The council dictates everything and we are expected to swallow this [edited by admin] like everyone else and for what? So people like you can sleep in your bed at night waiting for it all to go away.

Tell me what you think it is that we have got to lose that we wouldn’t readily give up. We are living life like [edited by admin] hamsters pedaling faster every day just to keep up. This is the end game for us the writing is on the wall even if you can’t see it. We are not here to give egotistical assholes their position in life. The Councilors the trade reps, John Paton & sons, ITS, all milking their position and us while claiming to represent the trade. Quite frankly I don’t give a [edited by admin] about anyone who is not prepared to fight for what they believe in while handing all their power over to people who lord their power over them.

The Trade is on a downward spiral and de-restriction is inevitable at some point in the future. I would rather take my chances one way or the other. JT’s letter said it all now it is time to wake up and smell the

coffee.http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/lette ... 1712772005

Now give the guys on this forum a brake from you childish rhetoric you communicate everything we are fighting against very well and I think they have seen it all to often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:09 am 

By the way you don't own a £45,000 plate when you buy one all you do is polish £45,000 with your arse, it is only worth £45,000 when you sell it and the money is in the Bank.

You are luck they can't de-restrict houses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:52 am 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
ALI T wrote:
deegang wrote:

You see "deegang" there is no point in stating a fact on here because you quite simply are dealing with desparados and extremely stupid and dangerous ones at that, anything that shows the truth about taxi numbers in Edinburgh will not be tolerated, if this [edited by admin] maybe moved from his lonesome stance at the caley box (there's only one crap pub there now aliT,just look across the road to see the busy rank) he might see that most ranks are full of cabs and the backstreets are full of parked up phc. THAT IS A FACT. Ask the phc if they want more Phc on the road, I bet the answer would be a resounding NO! The fact of the matter is Edinburgh is well served at the moment, a fact that should come out in the "sud" Then where will you be "[edited by admin]", I can predict that one too,probably at the insolvency court trying to get rid of maxtwat as quick as possible.
Now "deegang watch what happens to these stated facts which you and I know to be true.

tell me boy do you instantly forget what you wrote before?

you dont drive or own a taxi!

youre one of two things

a wierdo that joins taxi forums,drives round the streets looking at taxi ranks,up and down side streets loking at phc .im sure youre stalking me?
(if you want a taxi that bad why do you oppose derestriction)

or

just a plain old

LIAR :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:15 pm 

ALI T wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:
ALI T wrote:
deegang wrote:

tell me boy do you instantly forget what you wrote before?

you dont drive or own a taxi!

youre one of two things

a wierdo that joins taxi forums,drives round the streets looking at taxi ranks,up and down side streets loking at phc .im sure youre stalking me?
(if you want a taxi that bad why do you oppose derestriction)

or

just a plain old

LIAR :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or could it be someone from :shock: I.T.S.?? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:03 pm 

Or maybe, someone with a REAL vested interest :shock:

How many guesses do we get? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:14 pm 

All this business about Ph increasing because of caps on taxi numbers is interesting.

Anyone can have a plate here in St Andrews, and taxis have increased from about 45 to 90 since 1998. PH have decreased at the same time from about 5 to 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:14 pm 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
Or maybe, someone with a REAL vested interest :shock:

How many guesses do we get? :lol:

you dont really have a say or much to say for that matter as you are not a driver/owner this doesnt really concern you,does it.

know one cares who iether of you are.
youre not important to me, or any one in the trade as you cant sympaphise with iether side as youre not even in the trade

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:00 pm 

Fae Fife wrote:
All this business about Ph increasing because of caps on taxi numbers is interesting.

Anyone can have a plate here in St Andrews, and taxis have increased from about 45 to 90 since 1998. PH have decreased at the same time from about 5 to 2.
id say thats proof positive.
what do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:35 pm 

ALI T wrote:
Fae Fife wrote:

id say that's proof positive.
what do you think?

I get the feeling RealCabforceforum won't be answering this post, he will most probably just fail to see it or skip right over the top of it.

Selective blindness you know, terrible disease. A bit like having a brain and not using it. :badgrin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:53 pm 

well i dont think he will answer iether but i bet he will have a go at us in his next post.

terrible thing forum rage

youre assuming a lot skull these 2 dont have brains imho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:47 am 

Fae Fife wrote:

Dundee has been much the same with PH numbers.

For a good few years in the 90s there was none at all, and it was only around 2000 that a few appeared and that was only because of the cap on taxi numbers.

There would probably still not be any PH to this day but for this. But when the council pulled the plug and you needed a WAV for a new plate this kept a handful of PH going, because it was either run a wav or hire a saloon plate or get PH plate for nothing, and some prefer the third option.

But there are still less than fifty or so PH I think as compared to 600 taxis at least, and there were never much more than a hundred PH, but most disappeared when they could get a wav plate.

The point is that the licenses for PH and taxis were the same in Dundee so there was never any point in running a PH except for the caps in the 90's and the wav-spec now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next