Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:41 am 

Yorkie wrote:
as I say you are an irritant I hope the taxi is mended soon.

Well the feeling's more than reciprocated, but don't worry about the taxi, it's fine :lol:

I said SPARE time on here, not driving time #-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:43 am 

Yorkie wrote:
yes he does wrote thier judgement on taxis, and some background papers did dusty

ROFL

I wouldn't say that too often, the gullible might actually believe you. :-k

Anyway, I'd have done a proper job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:45 am 

JD wrote:
Bath have two zones, of which one the city zone, is regulated. Bath licensing told me they have 90 Hackneys, however the DFT say they have 148. Perhaps the DFT figures include both zones.

Probably, but there are a lot of errors in the DfT stats.

Mansfield, for example.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:51 am 

Gateshead Angel wrote:
Still no continued acceptance that following derestriction plate values are retained.

That's been addressed in other threads, and depends of seperate classes of licenses.

Do you expect people to mention it in every post?

I know, lets include our inside leg measurement and the surface temperature on Neptune, just to make sure all the angles are covered.

If Manchester was de-restricted, would plate values be retained?

No, so it's YOU that's making the misleading statements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:53 am 

Gateshead Angel wrote:

I suspect if you approached any cabby with such an offer he would accept, so your argument is pointless.

Not pointless if my Cab and plate are worth 90 grand. Perhaps in your haste to fire a broadside at me you left your brains in your back pocket?

Best wishes

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:55 am 

Gateshead Angel wrote:

Still misleading statements like all plates are issued free are wrongly quoted.

Again, it's a truism that ALL plates are issued free - only the LA can issue plates, and they can't charge a premium. They may not be transferred for free, but no one has ever denied that.

For example, in a post earlier today I said that many plates had been bought for a premium.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:01 am 

Gateshead Angel wrote:
[All I'm asking for is fairness of statements here, plates have in most cases been sold by the person who recieved it free and the prices quoted were certainly not charged at that time. I'm not requesting that this information be included, as it would be impossible to collect, however proper representation of the correct facts is essencial to ensure the credibility of the piece if published.

Angel, you have this terrible habit of making points which are then responded to, you then ignore the response, the implication being that you original point was invalid in some way.

But then at a later date you again raise the original point as if there had been no response to it originally.

Then your new bessy mate Yorkie accuses me of having a go and suchlike.

What's the point?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:02 am 
JD wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
I dont believe a Halifax plate has gone for £70,000 LET ALONE £80,000

I suspect that's easily remedied, the next time you have cause to venture into Halifax why not ask a Cabby if he would like to sell you his cab and plate for 70k.

Best wishes

JD

Thats impossible JOHN WE DONT SPEAK THE SAME LANGUAGE

however I would not dream of offering so much for so little.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:09 am 
TDO wrote:
Gateshead Angel wrote:
[All I'm asking for is fairness of statements here, plates have in most cases been sold by the person who recieved it free and the prices quoted were certainly not charged at that time. I'm not requesting that this information be included, as it would be impossible to collect, however proper representation of the correct facts is essencial to ensure the credibility of the piece if published.

Angel, you have this terrible habit of making points which are then responded to, you then ignore the response, the implication being that you original point was invalid in some way.

But then at a later date you again raise the original point as if there had been no response to it originally.

Then your new bessy mate Yorkie accuses me of having a go and suchlike.

What's the point?

His point, and you should see it clearly, is that the list is supposed to comprise plate premiums.

but it doesnt in some case there is a vehicle value on top.

keep up with debate please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:19 am 

Yorkie wrote:
His point, and you should see it clearly, is that the list is supposed to comprise plate premiums.

No, that wasn't his point!

His point was that there are often two classes of license, mainly saloons v WAVs, and to that extent there may be different premiums in the same location, or some licenses with premiums and some without.

But he said that this would always happen with de-restriction, which is clearly not the case if all licenses were the same, as would happen in Liverpool, for example, if it de-restricted.

You may have a point about the confusion caused to the figures by including vehicle values (a danger I pointed out at the outset, and which JD has no doubt tried his best to account for), but this was not the issue mentioned by Angel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:29 am 
TDO wrote:
Yorkie wrote:

No, that wasn't his point!

His point was that there are often two classes of license, mainly saloons v WAVs, and to that extent there may be different premiums in the same location, or some licenses with premiums and some without.

But he said that this would always happen with de-restriction, which is clearly not the case if all licenses were the same, as would happen in Liverpool, for example, if it de-restricted.

You may have a point about the confusion caused to the figures by including vehicle values (a danger I pointed out at the outset, and which JD has no doubt tried his best to account for), but this was not the issue mentioned by Angel.

you could be right hes obsessed with salloons v Hacks, does my head in they are both ruddy taxis.

here wavs on a plate have higher values because wavs cost more.

but I wish hed let that drop to its a very local thing to the mob up there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:51 am 

There is an element of truth in Angel's statement, because there does seem a trend in saloon areas to de-limit on the basis of WAVs only for new plates, thus retaining a vaule for the original saloon plates:

Still no continued acceptance that following derestriction plate values are retained.

But the categorical nature of his statement can be qualified in several main ways:

- Even the Gateshead-type scenario may not last forever if license conditions are made identical, particulary in view of the DDA;

- There may be saloon plate premiums in a Gateshead-type scenario after allowing unlimited WAVs, but they will be lowered, at least in the short term, thus the term 'retained' is to that extent misleading;

- in areas already operating all WAVs it's probable that de-restriction would be on the basis of identical license conditions for the new plates, thus making all plates worthless. Of course, even in the likes of Liverpool different license conditions might be implemented, say a condition of brand new vehicles for the new plates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:56 am 
[quote="TDO"]There is an element of truth in Angel's statement, because there does seem a trend in saloon areas to de-limit on the basis of WAVs only for new plates, thus retaining a vaule for the original saloon plates:

stop arguing with him then, he will only come back with bigger postings followed by a couple of hundred from you.

have you got over the flu yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:16 am 

Gateshead Angel wrote:
JD wrote:
I suspect that's easily remedied, the next time you have cause to venture into Halifax why not ask a Cabby if he would like to sell you his cab and plate for 70k.

Best wishes

JD

I suspect if you approached any cabby with such an offer he would accept, so your argument is pointless.

All I'm asking for is fairness of statements here, plates have in most cases been sold by the person who recieved it free and the prices quoted were certainly not charged at that time. I'm not requesting that this information be included, as it would be impossible to collect, however proper representation of the correct facts is essencial to ensure the credibility of the piece if published.

B. Lucky :twisted:

I've stopped responding to your posts Angel because some of the things you say are completely nonsensical, such as the statement above. You know very well what the list represents and it certainly doesn't represent saloon vehicles which hold a small plate premium in unrestricted Authorities that have a policy of quality control rather than quantity control.

Now if you want to make a database of saloon vehicles that enjoy a plate value in unrestricted authorities such as yours, then by all means do so.

My list specifically represents those 123 Authorities that RESTRICT numbers. Can we finally make that clear?

Best wishes

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:18 am 

Gateshead Angel wrote:

Well if you can't accept a simple truthful statement such as that, then really you are wasting all our time discussing anything else.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next