Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:24 am 
Yorkie wrote:
Laws are the same and are not misiterpreted at all, just that some councils take the [edited by admin] frankly.

How do they defend "taking the [edited by admin]" as you call it? They interpret law.

Yorkie wrote:
in a perfect world councils should be ideal, however alas they respond too much to different groupings lobbying for the unatainable.

Councils are better if they take into account viewpoint from as many "involved" groups as they can, it is only then they can attain an overview of exactly what is required. Applications are generally in the best interest of those making the application, but its the reason why the application was made that should be considered even if the request is unatainable.

Yorkie wrote:
you have experience of that dont you Charlie? up there in Gateshead.

You have an overactive imagination.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:10 am 
no just busted you

there could never by 2 like you Mick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:43 pm 

Alex wrote:
I have e-mailed the licensing committe, and LO team with the link to this thread.

It will be very interesting if a member of the LO team could come on TDO and try to make some sense out of their report. :roll:

Alex

Their assumption that a plate is worth 10/12 grand is correct. There's a guy selling an N reg Fairway and plate for 15 grand. The Fairway wont be worth more than 3 grand, so 12 grand for the plate sounds about right. If you phone the licensing department and ask for a plate they will tell you to go buy one on the black market lol. I posed the question to the licensing official that I was under the impression the council issued the licences, they said we do but we dont have any to issue at the moment so you have to buy one. I enquired where I might buy one and they put me onto someone straight away hahahhaaha, maybe they get an agents commision fee for brokering plates. lol

Anyway if anyone wants to buy a plate in Halton I can supply you with a phone number.

Best wishes

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:04 pm 
Yorkie wrote:
no just busted you

there could never by 2 like you Mick.

I don't expect that there is only one Mick in the world, if it pleases you to assume that a member of the site is someone else then I will do nothing to spoil your enjoyment.

All I can do is offer a personal appraisal of the trade in my local area, the rights and wrongs of which are always questionable because of my own vested interest.

If you wish to deflect from the points I raise, and can only do that by inventing a conspiracy theory about the author then it shows clearly the weakness of your counter argument.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:51 pm 

JD wrote:
If you phone the licensing department and ask for a plate they will tell you to go buy one on the black market lol. I posed the question to the licensing official that I was under the impression the council issued the licences, they said we do but we dont have any to issue at the moment so you have to buy one. I enquired where I might buy one and they put me onto someone straight away hahahhaaha, maybe they get an agents commision fee for brokering plates. lol

Maybe the licensing department is full of non-working plate holders.

If so then let's hope they have an idea of how to run a cab, because they have no f***ing idea how to run a licensing department. :sad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:14 pm 

Halton, without a doubt the thickest licensing department in the country, if they take a blind bit of notice of the T&G. [-X [-X

http://iccheshireonline.icnetwork.co.uk ... _page.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:18 pm 

Taxi licence overhaul goes under scrutiny Dec 2 2004

By Simon Drury, Weekly News

COUNCIL bosses are to decide whether to grant extra taxi licences after hearing that Hackney Carriage plates can change hands in neighbouring boroughs for up to £60,000.

Halton has a policy to limit the number of so-called 'black cab' licences to 267.

And, because of the limited number of plates available, the licences can change hands for up to £12,000 in Runcorn and Widnes, according to local authority figures.

However, a report to members of Halton's regulatory committee has revealed that in Manchester and Liverpool the price can soar to £60,000 and in nearby Knowsley £25,000 is the going rate.

The Government favours a complete deregulation of taxi licensing which would allow an unlimited number of black cabs on the streets.

On Monday members of the regulatory committee will discuss a number of options for Hackney carriage licensing in the borough. These include:

Keep the current system of just 267 licences.

Commission a survey to find out how much demand there is for new carriage plates. nComplete deregulation.

Deregulation over a period of time.

Increase the number of Hackney carriage plates to a new maximum number immediately.

Increase the number of plates over a period of time.

Neighbouring boroughs such as Wirral, Macclesfield, Crewe and Vale Royal have already deregulated.

However Liverpool abandoned deregulation after a short experiment.

A council spokesman said: 'The Transport and General Workers Union is the largest single body representing taxi drivers in the country.

'It wrote to all licensing authorities in July setting out the case against deregulation. The experience of Liverpool is cited as an example of where deregulation led to a deterioration in the service provided to the community.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:23 pm 

Quote:
The Government favours a complete deregulation of taxi licensing which would allow an unlimited number of black cabs on the streets.

Incorrect

Quote:
A council spokesman said: 'The Transport and General Workers Union is the largest single body representing taxi drivers in the country.

are they recruiting for the T&G now too?

Quote:
However Liverpool abandoned deregulation after a short experiment.

i think JD has answered this one too

regards

Captain cab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:34 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Halton, without a doubt the thickest licensing department in the country, if they take a blind bit of notice of the T&G. [-X [-X

http://iccheshireonline.icnetwork.co.uk ... eeklynews/

The T & G have a position to defend. They defend that position by trying to influence the decision-makers. The facts are sometimes lost under those circumstances and truth becomes a casualty of an individual's desperation.

I would much prefer to let the facts speak for themself, if I could only win an argument by misrepresenting the facts then it would surely be a hollow victory. I suspect it would only be a matter of time before I was exposed as being a fraud.

Best wishes

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:36 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Quote:

Incorrect

Why's that then el Capitan?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:31 am 
JD wrote:
Sussex wrote:

http://iccheshireonline.icnetwork.co.uk ... eeklynews/

The T & G have a position to defend. They defend that position by trying to influence the decision-makers. The facts are sometimes lost under those circumstances and truth becomes a casualty of an individual's desperation.

I would much prefer to let the facts speak for themself, if I could only win an argument by misrepresenting the facts then it would surely be a hollow victory. I suspect it would only be a matter of time before I was exposed as being a fraud.

Best wishes

JD

my union is the Tand G
i AM ASHAMED OF SOME OF THE THINGS THEY DO IN THIS INDUSTRY IN MY NAME

tHE OTHER NIGHT ONE OF THESE FRAUdS, Mick from Gatehead who claims to run my union up there in between selling fast tan, called under the guise of Charlie the Paperlad, for me and TDO to be barred.

Charlie the paperlad has been a lie from day one but that character took a lot in. including Captain Cab.

this man bars and calles to be barred anyone who exposes him as a fraud

its a bloody disgrace, just a racket

if you use fast tan you will find it washes off, a devise to frauduelently make people thing youve been abroad.

I dont want Mick barring, just for everyone to see what he is

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:05 am 

Yorkie,

I didnt say I wanted you barred, far from it, I always read your reply's with interest.

I just thought the stick you were giving the guy was a bit much.

regards

Captain cab