Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Sefton
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:38 pm 

You are right sefton will licence any one, or any thing . How come in JD post 4 nov 2004. he states that sefton plates were valued at 25000 pounds . Yet in last weeks paper , there was one being sold by for 13500 ono and there are stories of them being sold for a lot less . Did the unthinkable happen, JD made a mistake . Or has the home for greenbadges, clapped out taxis caught fire . Streetcar.

Post subject: Re: Sefton
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:41 pm 

streetcar wrote:
Did the unthinkable happen, JD made a mistake.

Heaven forbid such a thing. :roll:

I think he was fed iffy info, but has since un-iffied it. :shock:

http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/quotalas.pdf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:58 pm 

Thank sussex . How come all cockney cab drivers , think they belong on master mined, oh i know some plonker cab driver won it . What is a para wosit f.... if i know.

Post subject: Re: Sefton
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:09 pm 

streetcar wrote:
You are right sefton will licence any one, or any thing . How come in JD post 4 nov 2004. he states that sefton plates were valued at 25000 pounds . Yet in last weeks paper , there was one being sold by for 13500 ono and there are stories of them being sold for a lot less . Did the unthinkable happen, JD made a mistake . Or has the home for greenbadges, clapped out taxis caught fire . Streetcar.

The Sefton and knowsley values were provisional and taken from the November Halton licensing report, which was submited to support their policy of restriction.

The plate value databse wasn't started until December 16th. A few days after the plate value databse starting up Mr T kindly pointed out that the Sefton and knowlsey figures that Halton produced were in his opinion incorrect. When I checked the values for myself in both Sefton and Knowsley, Mr T's assesment was spot on and Halton's assesment was was way out.

Those values have been the same since December and were corrected within a week of using the Halton figures. I'm at a loss as how you came by them in November when the plate value database was not in existance until December 16th

Any observation you have regarding this databse will be most welcome.

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:33 am 

streetcar wrote:
Thank sussex . How come all cockney cab drivers , think they belong on master mined, oh i know some plonker cab driver won it . What is a para wosit f.... if i know.

If your making reference to Fred HOUSGOE, yed indeed he did win the Mastermind title some years ago, in fact theres an article in 'Taxi' this week.

http://www.ltda.co.uk/taxi/issue_93/pg28.htm

I don't recall ever claiming I was a cockney?

Its not one of the requirements to pass the Knowledge.

However, wearing a shellsuit, or residing in Birkenhead, is an instant bar to the London trade. :wink:

Post subject: greenbadge
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:07 pm 

Yes i was right , they all think there fred housecoat . I have looked at freds article , its a bit of a mess on my computer . But i think he is haveing a moan about pedicabs . Nice to know hes still going . Streetcar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:17 am 

Is there a restriction on the amount of ice cream vans that can work the streets its a nice sunny day but a can't see 100 ice cream vans sat on the street, perhaps market trends stop so many being on the street. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:49 am 

Have we not as taxi drivers stuck our heads in the sand for the last 30 plus years and not allways moved with the times. Mobile phones etc have changed the way people order cars you don't need to walk to a taxi rank anymore just pick up your phone get the car to come to you town centres are a lot different with out of town shopping people phone to get there and back but how many taxi owners are just happy to sit on a rank hoping to get the odd job while a ph flies about doing what is basically TAXI work why are there not more taxi owner drivers on radio circuits with returns etc it must cover the radio dues etc More taxis on radio circuits less ph ? in our area 50 taxis 500 ph what does that tell you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:48 pm 

tcabbie wrote:
but how many taxi owners are just happy to sit on a rank hoping to get the odd job while a ph flies about doing what is basically TAXI work.

Far too many for their own good.

But many of them are more interested in looking at how to spend their plate premiums than looking at how to keep their existing customers. :?