Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:00 pm 

well mate dont know about you, but " the lads on the waiting list " are in for some wait, tell you what though, they could have bought thier plates, made thier money and cashed out by now.

But I guess they want to wait, so they can wait and no I dont believe in F@@@@@g them all.

P.S. what are you so bitter about??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:49 pm 

187ums wrote:

I'm not bitter, far from it. :wink:

The folk that are bitter are the ones that give all the 'quotas are best' spiel, but when faced with facts from those who think 'quotas are crap', start sulking and lying. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:45 pm 

Yesterday Nottingham decided to postpone the review of their Hackney carriage policy until a date unspecified. I understand the postponement is connected with something that is taking place in another Authority, which might have a bearing on the outcome of the Nottingham decision. If anyone finds out before me what this connection is, will they please post it in this thread?

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:50 pm 
Sussex wrote:
187ums wrote:

I'm not bitter, far from it. :wink:

The folk that are bitter are the ones that give all the 'quotas are best' spiel, but when faced with facts from those who think 'quotas are crap', start sulking and lying. :roll:

Sussex..........your idea of facts is another persons idea of fantasies,..In the real world you just can't cut it , It's always someone elses fault or it's just not fair......mr T ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:25 am 

MR T wrote:
Sussex..........your idea of facts is another persons idea of fantasies,..In the real world you just can't cut it , It's always someone elses fault or it's just not fair......mr T ....

In the real world I do cut it, its called earning a living without quotas i.e. driving a vehicle without the need of numbers protection.

It's folk like you that need to hide behind taxi quotas that can't cut it in the real world. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:24 pm 
Sussex wrote:
MR T wrote:

In the real world I do cut it, its called earning a living without quotas i.e. driving a vehicle without the need of numbers protection.

It's folk like you that need to hide behind taxi quotas that can't cut it in the real world. :wink:

SUSSEX your idea of cuting it , I think is my idea of just about existing...mrT ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:44 pm 

I have discovered that the reason for the postponement of the Nottingham decision on Hackney carriage policy was at the request of the licensing officer for further internal consultation. The report will now go before the committee in August.

Regards

JD

Post subject: MONDAY 3rd OCTOBER
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:32 pm 

WELL THE DATE HAS NOW BEEN SET FOR THE 3rd OCTOBER. LETS HOPE NOTT'M LIFT THIS OUTDATED PRACTICE OF RESTRICTION.

Post subject: Re: MONDAY 3rd OCTOBER
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:42 pm 

cab happy wrote:
WELL THE DATE HAS NOW BEEN SET FOR THE 3rd OCTOBER. LETS HOPE NOTT'M LIFT THIS OUTDATED PRACTICE OF RESTRICTION.

And then Mr Cab Happy will be a happy chappy in his new cabby. 8-[

Post subject: Re: MONDAY 3rd OCTOBER
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:40 pm 

cab happy wrote:

I've a feeling there's another council might be told to issue many many plates on that day. :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:03 am 

Sussex wrote:
MR T wrote:
Sussex ..You want to be careful what doors you open for you do not know what comes through them after you!!, remember the taxi trade is the only form of public transport open to expansion, No monopolies commissions here........T

I can assure you I'm very careful, but thanks for the advice. :wink:

I'm simply a fan of allowing drivers to decide for themselves, not me, not you, not Queen Victoria, not two bob councils, not stupid councillors, not gutless LOs, but drivers. 8-[

Yes, nothing like taking your chances, a free for all, the fear, the panic, the confusion, plate holders lying in the streets, chaos everywhere.

Can't come soon enough for me I can tell you. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:27 am 

On the 3/10/05 Nottingham decided to leave things as they are and consider the situation in 12 months time.

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:50 pm 

well no free for all at the moment, its heartening to see that common sense is prevailing after the knee jerk actions at the outset.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:40 pm 

187ums wrote:
well no free for all at the moment, its heartening to see that common sense is prevailing after the knee jerk actions at the outset.

No free for all, no fare rise. :shock:

One wonders how long that will last. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:56 pm 

it will last a while, i think you will find that you may well have to wait a while longer for that free plate your heart desires.

oops i forget, even if you do get one, you realise that you will be better off buying it with some one else, thus only having half the risk.

p.s. you could always buy yourself a plate and join the folks on the ranks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next