Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:30 pm 

Oh please do show us the 125 MAJOR hotels in Edinburgh :shock: You guys really are out of your depth :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:34 pm 

Sussex wrote:
I take it that Mr Skull and friends are taking note. :roll:

Maybe they will be able to ask Jacobs and/or the LOs why their numbers bear no resemblance to the real world. :wink:

Yeah I hope they do too, but somehow I don't think they will, even they aren't that stupid to believe JD's interpretation of the report, ARE THEY? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:03 am 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
What it actually demonstrates is that "fools and bairns" should never see anything half done, or,more to the point, read half a report and spout rubbish. All you are doing is taking figures out of context, add a little spin, and coming up with something that is neither true or impressive. If it makes you guys feel better tho, please carry on, it's always Interesting to see another spin on a report.

yes thats right that is all jacobs have done, a few figures add a little spin and see if it fools everyone,the thing is jacobs thought they were dealing with the usual taxi mob like you, no brains all mouth ,you believe if its an officiall document then it must be true

id like to see youre interpritation of this impressive report?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:02 am 

ALI T wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:
What it actually demonstrates is that "fools and bairns" should never see anything half done, or,more to the point, read half a report and spout rubbish. All you are doing is taking figures out of context, add a little spin, and coming up with something that is neither true or impressive. If it makes you guys feel better tho, please carry on, it's always Interesting to see another spin on a report.

yes thats right that is all jacobs have done, a few figures add a little spin and see if it fools everyone,the thing is jacobs thought they were dealing with the usual taxi mob like you, no brains all mouth ,you believe if its an officiall document then it must be true

I'll ignore your illiterate attack, just show me any official report any of you people have commisioned, indeed,any report you have other than hearsay or dare I say it "bile" to fuel someones quest to line their pockets and leave a trade in tatters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:23 am 

ALI T wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:

Btw "ugly mug", I gave my opinion on it, yes it has its flaws but overall it works,that is,if anyone can come up with something more reliable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:36 am 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
Oh please do show us the 125 MAJOR hotels in Edinburgh :shock: You guys really are out of your depth :?

The hotels came from the Edinburgh Tourist board. The figures came from Jacobs. Wait for the fuel breakdown and then the track rent break down.
Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:17 am 

Are you saying the survey is a sham. :shock:

Looking at their website, surely a multi national company of their stature and expertise should not have to have these allegations aimed at them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:19 am 

Seems stupid to me

Post subject: Edinburgh, Jacobs report
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:59 am 
£34.61 ?????????
I really must work harder - I never even make half of that !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:13 am 

Realcabforceforum wrote:

I'll ignore your illiterate attack, just show me any official report any of you people have commisioned, indeed,any report you have other than hearsay or dare I say it "bile" to fuel someones quest to line their pockets and leave a trade in tatters.

the council commisioned this report and we paid for it through the taxi budget
but you are right i have no report other than hearsay and bile its called the jacobs report

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:26 am 

Realcabforceforum wrote:

Btw "handsome", I gave my opinion on it, yes it has its flaws but overall it works,that is,if anyone can come up with something more reliable.

if you think this report is flawed then surely it is worthless and should be redone?
to then turn round and say but overall it works:roll: madness kinda like 2+2=5 yep thats wrong! but it works for me.
data is data my boy if the input is flawed then so is the output
shi t in shi t out
nobody is saying its jacobs fault although im sure they helped :wink: ,they were told to look at certain aspects and not others,wonder who told them what to look at?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:29 am 

ALI T wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:

Btw "handsome", I gave my opinion on it, yes it has its flaws but overall it works,that is,if anyone can come up with something more reliable.

if you think this report is flawed then surely it is worthless and should be redone?
to then turn round and say but overall it works:roll: madness kinda like 2+2=5 yep thats wrong! but it works for me.
sh*t in sh*t out
nobody is saying its jacobs fault although im sure they helped :wink: ,they were told to look at certain aspects and not others,wonder who told them what to look at?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:19 am 

ALI T wrote:
ALI T wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:

Btw "wee ugly mug", I gave my opinion on it, yes it has its flaws but overall it works,that is,if anyone can come up with something more reliable.

sh*t in sh*t out

Of course,maybe they just forgot to ask you, christ what a thought,no,it doesn't bear thinking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:43 pm 

Realcabforceforum wrote:

You don't like facts and figures when they don't suite your purpose. You implied the report is factual did you not? Well tell us all if you believe these figures by Jacobs to be factual?

3.3 Estimation of Total Stance Usage.

The sample surveys and stance visits have been used to estimate the number of taxi passenger trips during a typical week in Edinburgh. For stances not surveyed, and hours / days not surveyed, assumptions were made by use of the data which had been collected. For example, it was assumed that the Hope Street stance would see similar use during a typical week to the Lothian Road stance. In general, a full day’s worth of
observations was multiplied by six to obtain an estimate of a full week’s use. Based on these assumptions, a total of 31,000 taxi vehicle movements serve some 53,000 passengers per week at stances throughout the city.

It should not be a hard question to answer for a man who knows all about the Edinburgh Taxi trade?

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:55 pm 

The Jacob Report is not even close to being a robust and comprehensive SUD. Anyone who conducts a study will tell you that any SUD is only as good as the questions being asked. If you leave out any information, or you do not have sample groups representative of what it is you are studying the whole thing is just a guess.

There is no balance of qualitative and quantitative information no questioners with open and closed questions, no proper representative sample groups and no proper observational study of ranks. Just a snap shot of what they are supposed to do when conducting a SUD.

Their sample groups should have went something like this, 100 Ph owners and drivers, 100 Taxi owners and drivers, and maybe 200 members of the public interviewed and asked a number of open and closed questions giving quantitative, ‘measurable’ information as well as qualitative ‘opinion’ based information.

The observational study of the taxi ranks should have been carried out after consultation with all of the above to eliminate any bias from the rank studies.

The increase in the Ph should have been introduced in a correlation study identifying the trends and predicting the increase in the Ph over the next 3-5 years, the same with the airport. All this was left out.

All the groups should have been carefully matched and the questions carefully structured to obtain clear and concise results.

The methodology of there study was flawed from the start Jacobs knows exactly how to do conduct a robust and comprehensive SUD the point being they didn’t have to and were probably told not to.

This is my snap shot of how Jacobs got it wrong I think they did next to nothing and got paid a fortune for doing nothing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34  Next