Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:46 am 

I freely admit that I dislike skull for continuing his selfish vendetta against authority with no regard for the consequences of his actions. Before anyone says it, this has nothing to do with plate values, it is to do with what I and many others in Edinburgh regard as our livelihoods being threatened So you think that this justifys you in assasinating Skull, inplying he is some kind of violent man ,you new this assult thing was crap. I had to apologise to that man because of you .If you can not make a case for limiting taxi numbers, without stooping to these depths , Well i would not bother . If you are a taxi driver, you must have been in the trouble, a few times , i no i have. Wanting to know about the court case . God you are pathetic. How many plates have you got ?Streetcar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:33 am 

Skull said

"I know guys that are paying over £330 a week for a drive"

Well they could have their own for that, whats wrong with him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:14 pm 

Jack O Bite wrote:
Skull said

:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:24 pm 

just want to make the point skull you did do wrong you should have punched the other boys lights out if he spat at you that not on what ever anyone thinks of your current fight over plates etc.

this forum is for every one to have there view weather you like it or not

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:55 pm 

Skull wrote:
Jack O Bite wrote:
Skull said

:?

Why pay that when you could buy your own for that amount per week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:00 pm 

chipper wrote:
just want to make the point skull you did do wrong you should have punched the other boys lights out if he spat at you that not on what ever anyone thinks of your current fight over plates etc.

Chipper, away down and join Ollie and blobby,you could put a new spin on it och taxi, och taxi, ach well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:50 pm 

William Maitland wrote:
chipper wrote:

Chipper, away down and join Ollie and blobby,you could put a new spin on it och taxi, och taxi, ach well.

Thats my line already is'nt it? :wink:

You need a few more 'ee's' on the end to mingle with our touting fraternity :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:29 pm 

greenbadgecabby wrote:
William Maitland wrote:
chipper wrote:

Thats my line already is'nt it? :wink:

You need a few more 'ee's' on the end to mingle with our touting fraternity :lol:

Sorry, it was plagiarisation GBC, but it seems to convey a message and seemed appropriate. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:36 pm 

chipper wrote:

Yip, it sure is, and something to keep in mind is that the so called spitting incident was never mentioned at either the court case or council meeting,it just somehow appeared on here,what a surprise that is, :shock: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:45 am 

http://news.scotsman.com/archive.cfm?id=580642005

quote from paper

he was spat at and in retaliation slapped the other driver through the car window.

i was not there and can only go on what has been posted here and also whats been printed in the good old local rag

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:53 am 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
chipper wrote:

Yip, it sure is, and something to keep in mind is that the so called spitting incident was never mentioned at either the court case or council meeting,it just somehow appeared on here,what a surprise that is, :shock: :shock:

It was mentioned in the court and at the council meeting, are you own drugs?

I was there remember, do you really think I wouldn't not tell you what happened? I only wish I had punched him.

The charge was down graded from 'assault to injury' charge to just assault. I wonder why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:56 am 

Getting tired of hearing about this, theres more words been written about this than were written about the rumble in the jungle.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:37 pm 

Skull V Realcabforce . It would not be much of a fight . Skull would do a lot of slapping and Realcabforce, would be doing alot of low blows . But seriously if Edinburgh is like Liverpool , plate holders with 79 plates ,32 plates etc . Loads of drivers piddling about during the day ,sending the night man out doing all the work, probably on tax credit . Paying the owner a silly rent . Then i am with Skull 100% . But if its like Blackpool lots of owner drivers then i am not to sure . Trouble is i dont know , one says 350 for a cab rent the other side its not true . One says 45000 for a plate the other says thats not true . I can not get on to Edinburgh jacobs survey site . So i dont know . HELP STREETCAR.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:02 pm 

streetcar wrote:
Skull V Realcabforce . It would not be much of a fight . Skull would do a lot of slapping and Realcabforce, would be doing alot of low blows . But seriously if Edinburgh is like Liverpool , plate holders with 79 plates ,32 plates etc . Loads of drivers piddling about during the day ,sending the night man out doing all the work, probably on tax credit . Paying the owner a silly rent . Then i am with Skull 100% . But if its like Blackpool lots of owner drivers then i am not to sure . Trouble is i dont know , one says 350 for a cab rent the other side its not true . One says 45000 for a plate the other says thats not true . I can not get on to Edinburgh jacobs survey site . So i dont know . HELP STREETCAR.

as for finding out the truth stretcar thats relitively easy phone up i.t.s in forth street edinburgh they will give you a price im sure! as thier the main broker
as for rentals well i pay £270 at the mo, thats for an exclusive rental with no radio, if i want a radio then that would bring it up to around the £360/£370 mark
average night shift rental in a radio company is i believe £290/£300
although i know some who pay £350 they seem to be in the minority perhaps 10-20 %
but as we all no thier are many variations that would affect this i:e what shifts change over times who you work for etc
it would appear to me that taxi rentals up and down the councrty are roughly on an even scale give or take a few
hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:16 pm 

the report is hear street car
but it doesnt mention plate premiums???

http://cpol.edinburgh.gov.uk/getdoc_ext.asp?DocId=69653

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next