Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:08 pm 

Strange. :?

Someone come on here moaning about losing £700 and can do nothing but laugh about it. :-k

Weird lot up there, weird weird lot. :-s

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:33 pm 

jasbar wrote:
And, are you meekly going to accept the council retaining the full fee in the event your application is refused.

If you had bothered to read my next post Jim, you would have seen that it is my intention to pursue them for a full refund.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:39 pm 

ALI T wrote:
really how so
if youre six months is nearly up and they have the up to date info I:E jacobs then they have no real reason to apply to the sherrifs do they ??

My six months was up on 15th September, the day the council was to ratify the Jacobs report.

The papers are currently at the courts regarding the application for an extension.

I wasn't informed until the 21st September, although the documents were lodged in time (at the eleventh hour) by CEC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:43 pm 
Sussex wrote:
Strange. :?

Someone come on here moaning about losing £700 and can do nothing but laugh about it. :-k

Weird lot up there, weird weird lot. :-s

just imagine how happy he would have been if he got his plate.
or maybe he was one of those praying no one got them.
thats why he is happy. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:35 pm 
Now there's a thought !!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:57 pm 

I'm not sure if lots of posts with more emoticons than text is allowed :-k

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:45 pm 
Up yours, TDO !!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
u prob get the idea......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:24 am 

Sadly that seems to be about the limit of Mike's intellect.

I try not to mock the afflicted though :sad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:00 am 

I see from the 'sewing bee' that Mike thinks he was banned for winding people up. #-o

He shouldn't flatter himself, he was banned for being a liar and deliberately misleading people - I've wasted too many hours trying to debate sensibly with these people to have too much patience with wind-up merchants. I suspect he may be something to do with the other troublemakers from Edinburgh, so no change there then, but I really can't be bothered looking at IPs and the like to find out.

Shame that so many people just can't make there case in a straightforward manner, but sadly the explanation seems to be that some on here and others have exposed their arguments for what they are - these taxi cartel emperors are slowly being exposed as being in a state of undress :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:07 am 
jimbo wrote:
Skull wrote:
mike wrote:
Ali T asks why CEC need to go to court if they have Jacobs and the six month period is about to expire ??

Well, come in the " hold it " car !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Erm, could it be because by the time the CEC arrange meetings to deliver their verdict to the applicants, the statutory 6 month period would have expired and those applicants would be entitled to a plate by default ??

Do try to keep up !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I new a guy at school just like you Mike, funnily enough his name was Micheal Hay. No one liked the little [edited by admin] because he laughed at his own jokes more than anyone else. A striking resemblance even though I do say so myself. Your second name wouldn't be Hay would it? :?

Whilst you guys in the capital of scotland are squabbling like schoolgirls, the CEC must be laughing like drains. Divide and rule. It's worked for England for a thousand years.

Another worthless post from an imbecile.

Any wonder our trade is donald ducked?

Let me lift your stone for you jimbo.

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:10 am 
NF wrote:
jasbar wrote:
And, are you meekly going to accept the council retaining the full fee in the event your application is refused.

If you had bothered to read my next post Jim, you would have seen that it is my intention to pursue them for a full refund.

That'll be another visit to a sheriff then?

And, who gave you permission to call me jim?

:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:58 am 

I don't know what it's like down south but the sad thing about people like Mike and RCF/RCFF is, up here they are the rule and not the exception.

Is it the same south of the border? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:14 am 

You should be made up with them . The truth is out in the open . They gave you the chance, to put your side of the arguement . Here in Liverpool the Multi plate holders , have not got the guts to say a word . Knowing if they did ,it would expose them, then every one would know ,what they are, a bunch of illegitimate toerags . What are mike RCF RCFF all laughing about , Edinburghs not over yet . streetcar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:42 pm 

streetcar wrote:
You should be made up with them . The truth is out in the open . They gave you the chance, to put your side of the arguement . Here in Liverpool the Multi plate holders , have not got the guts to say a word . Knowing if they did ,it would expose them, then every one would know ,what they are, a bunch of illegitimate toerags . What are mike RCF RCFF all laughing about , Edinburghs not over yet . streetcar.

I am certainly not laughing about the situation in Edinburgh. Skull's efforts are doomed, but, after January, when changes in operating practices at the airport come about, unless our reps get the facts across to the council, we may face an increase in plate numbers.
Remember that most of what you hear on this forum emanates from one side of the divide. Most reasonable and logical-thinking trade members in Edinburgh do not regard the ravings of skull and his cohorts even worthy of debate.
You can believe what you will, but the sad fact is that skull has his own motives and they range from revenge on the council & trade for some perceived wrong to pure and utter greed.

As for plate values, skull quotes £45k, the reality is that the last 2 sold for £35k and £31k. As has been said I.T.S. do not run the market, they just think they do!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:02 pm 

Well every one seems to except councils, are best placed to make the decisions about Taxi numbers . I my self have no dogmatic belief ,one way or the other, every areas unique . But in my area i have , seen first hand the grip Taxi owners , have on the council, every decission made, is for the benifit of owners, not the public ,not the drivers, but the owners .No one holds them to account . What ever happens in Edinburgh, at least you can say, you had a full and open debate about , the taxi trade there . What ever Skull and ALI T motives are . You have to admit ,its incredible how , brave they are . . streetcar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next