Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 34  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:48 pm 

Quote:
So was it 31,000 rank jobs a week for 1,260 taxis? That works out at 3.5 jobs per each cab a day on average

which part of the report did you get these figures from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:49 pm 

well according to your defintion i am a vested interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:53 pm 

187ums wrote:
Quote:
So was it 31,000 rank jobs a week for 1,260 taxis? That works out at 3.5 jobs per each cab a day on average

which part of the report did you get these figures from?

Can you please be more specific? The weekly figure of 31,000 comes from Jacobs, the figure of 1260 taxis is what Edinburgh license. I am quite sure you are capable of dividing 31,000 by 1260 then dividing that number by the 7 days in the week. There you have your answer.

You see you don't need me to spoon feed you once you have been taught how to feed yourself.

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:14 pm 

187ums wrote:
its fascinating, because someone has a different opinion than the fraternity they are accused of being liars, or having vested interests but then I have come to expect that.

they rubbish MR T, fact is he provided decent opinion

but now they have begun to rubbish the $$$$$ forum, fact is its just as informative as TDO.

If you dont like it - then maybe you should re name this site Taxi Deregulation Online..

You should be aware that we encourage free speech and debate, as anyone with a modicum of common sense would realise with a cursory glance at the forum.

But, I said the other day, the fact is that these people tried to systematically destroy this site with malicious and defamatory comments that they were spreading to anyone who would listen.

At first I gave them the benefit of the doubt, and assumed that they were just out of their depth and getting things confused rather than being malicious, and we allowed them to spout their nonsense for weeks while giving them a chance to substantiate their claims.

But, of course, they couldn't, and even though I for one didn't even require an apology for the damage done and the hours spent on the issue, an acknowledgement that they were wrong would have been nice.

But, of course, that's never happened, so I'm more inclined to the view that they're bare-faced liars now.

The basic problem is always the same - the truth hurts, innit? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:15 pm 

And as I said at the weekend, the full story can be read here:

http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/witchhunt.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:17 pm 

187ums wrote:
its fascinating, because someone has a different opinion than the fraternity they are accused of being liars, or having vested interests but then I have come to expect that.

they rubbish MR T, fact is he provided decent opinion

but now they have begun to rubbish the $$$$$ forum, fact is its just as informative as TDO.

If you don't like it - then maybe you should re name this site Taxi Deregulation Online..

Well there's your problem 187ums opinions are like assholes every body's got one.

We are only really interested in the facts. The opinion thereafter is just a logical conclusion. :-|

Which is a lot more than can be said for your opinion. #-o

Keep your eye on the PLYMOUTH case if it goes to the EU you will have nothing to worry about because your opinion won't matter anymore. :cry:

The "FACT" is it won't be a matter of opinion and you will be living proof of it "FACT". :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:31 pm 

Dont worry Skull, you and your freeloaders may soon have all the plates that thier hearts desire, when that happens then maybe you too can be a somebody.

JD, as for the figures i have looked through them, you forgot to add on the 53000 passenger trips bit, going further it goes on to about 12 trips per day per vehicle. A glance at 5.7 study conclusions will make this clear to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:06 pm 

sorry 5.6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:00 pm 

187ums wrote:

Quite what this had to do with Edinburgh I'm not that sure, but I call the liars the liars because they told lie after lie.

According to the Mansfield plank this site is owned and run by a sports solicitor. Do you think that's the truth or a lie? :-k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:49 pm 

Sussex wrote:
187ums wrote:

Quite what this had to do with Edinburgh I'm not that sure, but I call the liars the liars because they told lie after lie.

According to the Mansfield plank this site is owned and run by a sports solicitor. Do you think that's the truth or a lie? :-k

This could all be ended once and for all, why all the secrecy and confusion, it seems to have caused more speculation and upset than is normal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:55 pm 

187ums wrote:

JD, as for the figures i have looked through them, you forgot to add on the 53000 passenger trips bit, going further it goes on to about 12 trips per day per vehicle. A glance at 5.7 study conclusions will make this clear to you.

That's why my name is JD and yours is 187 ums. The 53,000 passenger trips amount to passengers that were transported in the 31,000 vehicles. You better go read it again because I'm getting tired of correcting people who can't be bothered to gather the facts before they post.

While you are at it count up the vehicle hires and tell me what they add up to and then tell me what Jacobs said they add up to. Then take the 12 jobs per cab per 24 hour day and tell me how many hours each cab waits between each job? Then tell me how many jobs a double shifted cab will do each day? When you have done that calculate how many jobs 2.7 persons per cab will do each day because that is the number which Jacobs has highlighted as being utilised per cab.

Then come back and tell me that Jacobs is correct.

I can see we are going to have some fun and games with you?

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:13 pm 

Sirius wrote:
This could all be ended once and for all, why all the secrecy and confusion, it seems to have caused more speculation and upset than is normal.

Telling a lie isn't a matter of secrecy. :lol:

The liars forum think TDO is owned and run by a sports solicitor from Manchester. That is a lie.

The liars forum is run by a lying plank from Mansfield. That is the truth. :wink:

Talking of the truth and keeping on thread, the Jacob's report is on a par with the Mansfield plank. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:17 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Sirius wrote:

Telling a lie isn't a matter of secrecy. :lol:

The liars forum think TDO is owned and run by a sports solicitor from Manchester. That is a lie.

The liars forum is run by a lying plank from Mansfield. That is the truth. :wink:

Well for something so contentious, why dont you identify yourselves, that would bring it to an end, everyone would then know there is nothing in the claims made by others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:22 pm 

Sirius wrote:
Well for something so contentious, why dont you identify yourselves, that would bring it to an end, everyone would then know there is nothing in the claims made by others.

I couldn't give a f*** if you believe me or not.

But this is the chap that the liars says owns and runs TDO:

Mr David Spencer from Davies Arnold Cooper 60, Fountain St Manchester M2 2FE : 0161 839 8396

Give him a ring and ask him, then come back and tell us what he said. :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:45 pm 

Steady on Sussex, It was just an idea :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 34  Next