Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:34 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Some taxi drivers do 14 to 16-hour shifts so they can meet the payment of the taxi maintenance, permits and house bills too.

Is this an argument for or against derestriction? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:37 pm 

TDO wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Some taxi drivers do 14 to 16-hour shifts so they can meet the payment of the taxi maintenance, permits and house bills too.

I believe that the letter writer is trying to put the pro quota stance across, but by saying drivers have to work crazy hours to pay off plate premiums, is putting across the anti quota point quite well IMHO. :wink:

She would do well in the T&G. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:44 pm 

i have never attacked the trade, realcabfarceforum.
and the trade doesnt provide me with a good living i provide myself with a good living.through my own hard work.

i have however attacked the council,the trade reps ,and the company commitees,why becouse they do nothing for the trade period.
i am more than happy to debate with you or youre alter ego mr realcabfarce
im sure between the two of you :lol: you can come up with something real to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:56 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Spot on Mr Skull. =D>

Frustrated by a real lack of drive from Capital cabs

AM I alone in being constantly frustrated by the poor service offered by the Capital's black cabs? I have walked from Stockbridge to Waverley Station, at 4pm on a dry day, and saw only one cab on the road for hire - he wouldn't stop for me. Eventually I found the usual queue of them on the Hanover Street rank, all busily reading their newspapers.

I have been to scores of cities around the world and Edinburgh's taxi service is amongst the worst I have experienced. Perhaps if they got off their ranks and drove around they'd win more business... and that may bring a smile to their dour faces.

J Faulds Woodside Terrace, Glasgow

Someone with an axe to grinde I suspect "sussex", there is no part of that letter to the local rag that is true. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:07 pm 

ALI T wrote:
and the trade doesnt provide me with a good living i provide myself with a good living.through my own hard work.

i have however attacked the council,the trade reps ,and the company commitees,why becouse they do nothing for the trade period.
im sure between the two of you :lol: you can come up with something real to say.

Yeah!!, it's all down to your hard work :lol: The fact is that you have attacked all these people and more for no better reason than working hard was never on the agenda. If you want to know something about working hard, ask some of the older cabbies who played by the rules, really worked hard and are now reaping the benefits.
And btw gentlemen, not only was this excuse!! banned from the Edinburgh taxi forum he was ALSO suspended from the Edinburgh taxi trade because of his misbehaviour, can anyone else see a pattern emerging from these guys??.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:00 am 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
ALI T wrote:

Yeah!!, it's all down to your hard work :lol: The fact is that you have attacked all these people and more for no better reason than working hard was never on the agenda. If you want to know something about working hard, ask some of the older cabbies who played by the rules, really worked hard and are now reaping the benefits.
And btw gentlemen, not only was this excuse!! banned from the Edinburgh taxi forum he was ALSO suspended from the Edinburgh taxi trade because of his misbehaviour, can anyone else see a pattern emerging from these guys??.
tell us something we didnt know.
is it just me or do you not seem to have a point?:roll:
oh and you're beginning to sound very familiar you wouldnt be, nah surely no :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:13 am 

ALI T wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:
ALI T wrote:

oh and you're beginning to sound very familiar you wouldnt be, nah surely no :roll:

I have tried not to go over old ground (I have no wish to bore our friends down south) as it has all been said with the "skull" but, there are certain things that have to be pointed out about you in relation to the rest of you idiots and the motivation behind what you are doing.
Your not "faulds fi weegie land" by any chance? sounds like the kind of stunt you lot might pull?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:23 am 

Sussex wrote:
TDO wrote:
Sussex wrote:

I believe that the letter writer is trying to put the pro quota stance across, but by saying drivers have to work crazy hours to pay off plate premiums, is putting across the anti quota point quite well IMHO. :wink:

She would do well in the T&G. :roll:

Since the writer doesn't even mention buying a plate but only cites running costs which every cabbie has, I don't see it as either pro or anti quota.
Sussex should perhaps refrain from comment on subjects outwith his limited sphere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:25 am 

ALI T wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:
ALI T wrote:

JIM TAYLOR??? NAW! surely not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:02 am 

RealCabforce wrote:
ALI T wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:
ALI T wrote:

JIM TAYLOR??? NAW! surely not.

Nah, It's no Jimbob! He's to busy arranging to have the cab fixed after his wee bump the other night, just wait guys till this guy comes on, you know how they say a picture paints a thousand words, well, meet the painter :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:03 am 

RealCabforce Wrote:

You and your cohorts have no credibility in the Edinburgh Taxi trade, so for that reason I will not engage in any discussion about that subject with you on here.

Surprise, surprise is it any wonder that RealCabforce can’t answer the question, what a numpty, have a wee look round just in case you haven’t notice this forum is for debate.

What’s wrong the questions to hard for you, lets try again?

Why don’t you give us all a breakdown of your Edinburgh Taxi Trade model and how we have got it all wrong I am sure the guys who run this site would be very interested?

Just forget about me and Ali T for a minute, we won’t interfere, just explain how the Edinburgh Taxi Trade works and how it is so perfect, don’t forget the council, ITS and the PHC in your model.

I am sure everybody here is more than interested, I know I am.

:badgrin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:11 am 

Another Post Realcabforce/RealCabforceforum failed to answer.

If you are daft enough to pay a plate premium of over £40,000 when your profits are falling then you deserve everything you have got coming. Five years ago the plate value was around £20,000-£25,000 now profits are going down the PHC have more than double and yet the plate value is going up and you think people who might want their own taxi should pay this kind of money. I don’t see many of you so called owners selling your plates for the value they had 5 years ago. It must be great talking to all of your little friends and blowing about the value in your plate, and what a great investment you made buying yourself a job. The truth is Jimmy Neilson (ITS) is lining you chumps up one after another and for what, he must be [tut-tut] himself and if you jump into the financial precipice I should follow. I don’t think so.

The situation you and others find yourself in is that of your own making.

Your answer to all this is that you would like others to spend this kind of money just so you can sleep easy in your beds at night. Or at least till you have paid off your plate or until the PHC have increased in such number that there is nothing much left to debate anyway.

The truth is, this is about the debt that some have got themselves into and the need to believe they have got it right. Well here’s the bad news no one said life would be a bowl of cherries.

This comes down to two things Jimmy Neilson (ITS) hiking up the plate value and you chumps paying it.

If you want to attribute blame to anyone look in the mirror and grow up a little.

What’s wrong is it to close to the truth?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:36 am 

realcabforce wrote "I have tried not to go over old ground (I have no wish to bore our friends down south) as it has all been said with the "skull" but, there are certain things that have to be pointed out about you in relation to the rest of you idiots and the motivation behind what you are doing.
Your not "faulds fi weegie land" by any chance? sounds like the kind of stunt you lot might pull?"

boring us you are
motivation! the only motivation i have, is not wanting to pay some greedy git over a £1000 per month for the privalidge of driving thier cab,and of course idiots like you. and dont think for one minuite that we dont know who you are you just confirmed it.with realfastblacks.com
:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:12 pm 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
ALI T wrote:

i was suspended for what excactly?
suspended from the fastblacks site becouse its run by morons in other words you,you on the other hand are not barred from my site even though you constantly attack us(websites etc)
banned from taxi's
its a matter for public record on the realfastblacks site with the documentation to prove it,so tell me realcabfarce what did i do wrong.
except recieve a parking ticket.
you really cant help youreself from lying continuisly can you.
and you think that anyone is going to believe youre pile of tripe.
you my friend are excactly the reason why the trade is in a mess you are a gossip mongering little bitch of a man
spare me the trip down memory lane old or young all taxi drivers work to hard and what benefits are you talking about?
let me guess a plate premium of 45k
you wouldnt be one of those older cabbies you quote would you
hope youre not looking for the sympathy vote from me :lol:
as for the pattern you see emerging is simply this
the taxi trade is run from top to bottom like a pile of [edited by admin] i cant work in that any more so im gonna change it ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:16 pm 

Aye the old "ah ken your faither" routine doesn't wash with me,You know nothing and your motivation is perfectly clear to all that have read these posts.
Sorry is that not your website? It defenitely sounds like it's you lot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next