Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi markie
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:33 pm 
RealCabforce wrote:
streetcar wrote:
You should be made up with them . The truth is out in the open . They gave you the chance, to put your side of the arguement . Here in Liverpool the Multi plate holders , have not got the guts to say a word . Knowing if they did ,it would expose them, then every one would know ,what they are, a bunch of illegitimate toerags . What are mike RCF RCFF all laughing about , Edinburghs not over yet . streetcar.

I am certainly not laughing about the situation in Edinburgh. Skull's efforts are doomed, but, after January, when changes in operating practices at the airport come about, unless our reps get the facts across to the council, we may face an increase in plate numbers.
Remember that most of what you hear on this forum emanates from one side of the divide. Most reasonable and logical-thinking trade members in Edinburgh do not regard the ravings of skull and his cohorts even worthy of debate.
You can believe what you will, but the sad fact is that skull has his own motives and they range from revenge on the council & trade for some perceived wrong to pure and utter greed.

As for plate values, skull quotes £45k, the reality is that the last 2 sold for £35k and £31k. As has been said I.T.S. do not run the market, they just think they do!!!

Mark

You're not only deluded, you're manic.

Skull has his own motives?

Of course he does. So do I. So does everyone who works in the trade.

It's only you who pretend to be riding a white charger!

And, I AM laughing about the situation in Edinburgh. because it's farcical. And, farce IS funny.

The council is either corrupt or incompetent. Probably both.

A fact that YOU benefitted from. because they let you get your crap ad system into cabs without a health and safety check, and without any fees attached. As I said. Corrupt or incompetent?

And what is a "rep"? I've never been approached by one. Never been asked my opinion by one. Nor do I know anyone who has. Aren't they just selfish, self centred cretins who are screwing the rest of the trade as they go about their business of promoting their petty empires = too afraid to risk soliciting trade opinion?

(I sometimes wonder, when the east europeans get a grip of our trade, whether they will put up with the crap that comes from our "reps". Or, will they just invite them behind a wall and kick the s h - t out of them, or worse? They do things differently don't they?)

As for an increase in plate numbers? Bring it on. Cos it'll be the guys who sit in the saddle, who actually do the work, who will earn. The parasites will be stuffed. As I say Mark, bring it on. Plate values will plummet. The parasitic ITS will go into liquidation. Cab-ti-vate will be dragged down also. And you'll be out on your ear, on the street -pauperised by your own folly, conceit and duplicity. Barry deek.

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:10 pm 

RealCabforce wrote:
streetcar wrote:
You should be made up with them . The truth is out in the open . They gave you the chance, to put your side of the arguement . Here in Liverpool the Multi plate holders , have not got the guts to say a word . Knowing if they did ,it would expose them, then every one would know ,what they are, a bunch of illegitimate toerags . What are mike RCF RCFF all laughing about , Edinburghs not over yet . streetcar.

I am certainly not laughing about the situation in Edinburgh. Skull's efforts are doomed, but, after January, when changes in operating practices at the airport come about, unless our reps get the facts across to the council, we may face an increase in plate numbers.
Remember that most of what you hear on this forum emanates from one side of the divide. Most reasonable and logical-thinking trade members in Edinburgh do not regard the ravings of skull and his cohorts even worthy of debate.
You can believe what you will, but the sad fact is that skull has his own motives and they range from revenge on the council & trade for some perceived wrong to pure and utter greed.

As for plate values, skull quotes £45k, the reality is that the last 2 sold for £35k and £31k. As has been said I.T.S. do not run the market, they just think they do!!!

The only difference an increase in plate number’s make is to the vested interest groups who rely on rationing to inflate drivers rentals and plate premiums that’s all. The increase in numbers is either taken up by taxi driver’s or the Ph it’s a simple choice.

The logical thinking list of disgruntled drivers is growing due to being better informed as to why they should have the opportunity to have their own plate. FAIR VIEW, remember. The cannon fodder mentality is coming to an end.

There’s a lot of truth in your statement about revenge and there was nothing perceived about how wrongly I have been treated by the vested interest groups within the trade. The problem they have is the truth of the argument and like you they don’t have the courage to face neither me nor the truth.

I want to see equality for all so that people like you and the council are held accountable and responsible for your actions. No more, behind closed doors, representation. No more, claiming to represent people who have never been consulted on anything.

As for the plate value, your intent was to stop any increase in the number of licence plates so that when the airport opened up, it forced up the drivers rentals and plate premiums due to the extra work form the airport and the extra drivers available to the trade being force to seek work in the city.

BTW, the 45k figure was quoted by yourself when I phoned your office before this all started.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:29 pm 
If anyone is guilty of hiking plate values it's markie (aka RCF) and ITS.

Of course, they've only been able to do this because buyer doesn't meet seller until AFTER the deal is done. Closed door transactions. Fixing the market.

The best laugh is that when de-restriction comes - and it will - markie loses out. And, now that ITS is part of markie's cabtivate "empire " (presumably to prop up its balance sheet, when ITS goes there's every change cabtivate will too. Golly, I'm salivating at the thought.

Of course markie could put up his prices or shed staff. But, given the high technology cost of the system and the low audience who's gonna want to pay more than they do already. And if it's staff which must go, who's gonna do the skillful stuff? Perhaps our bus driver/taxi driver "entrepreneur" has more talent than we give him credit for? :lol:

Any bets on which happens first? The demise of cabtivate or de-restriction?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:25 pm 

Given that the price of plates should rise or fall depending on the perceived risk of more plates being issued and or de-restriction, then it's hardly surprising that plates in Edinburgh may have fallen in value recently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:35 pm 
Plate prices dropping? That'll be a first!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:50 pm 

jasbar wrote:
Plate prices dropping? That'll be a first!

Look, learn and believe - they are not dropping. The £45k ones just never sold in the firsr place. Under £40k, the market remains brisk. TDO, please note it has nothing to do with any perceived risk - there never has been any from the crew that you listened to. They just led you to believe a pack of lies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:00 am 
Not for the first time Mark, your shalking tite.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:10 am 

RealCabforce wrote:
TDO, please note it has nothing to do with any perceived risk - there never has been any from the crew that you listened to.

So how many people would be paying £40-45,000 for a plate if they knew that restrictions would be going in a month or two? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:24 am 
It still comes back to the simple matter of why anyone should have to pay anything to anyone for a licence issued by the council?

And, where does it say anything in the legislation about incorporation?

Isn't this just something cobbled together by vested interest groups as a scam?

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:31 am 

No drivers wishing to drive taxis, no scarcity of shifts available, no inflated rental value, no inflated plate premium.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is about the buying and selling of people. In the taxi drivers case it's about selling his job back to him for £45,000 worth of taxi drivers wishing to own and drive their own taxi.

Just like the queues at Edinburgh airport where the customer is turned into a commodity to be sold on by the rationing of taxi permits to work the airport.

No rationing of permits, No queue, no permit value.

No rationing of licence plates, no demand to buy one, no plate value.

Makes you wonder how RCF struggles with this concept.

It's not that hard really, is it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:45 pm 
It hasn't been hard for some time now.

Neither has the concept of justice and fairness in our trade.

And we shouldn't forget the power of our customers. In the absence of readily available taxis. In the absence of the trade promoting itself. with the ever spiralling cost to the customer - because of inflated plate "values" - and no one dispelling the myth that private hire are cheaper (I've just reported a ph driver who hiked his fare by £2 because "he was driving a people carrier") our customers are voting with their bums, on ph seats.

Happy about this Mark?

:cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:03 pm 

RealCabforce wrote:
Look, learn and believe - they are not dropping. The £45k ones just never sold in the firsr place. Under £40k, the market remains brisk. TDO, please note it has nothing to do with any perceived risk - there never has been any from the crew that you listened to. They just led you to believe a pack of lies.

Are you talking about risk in general terms or as regards recent events in Edinburgh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:16 am 

jasbar wrote:
I've just reported a ph driver who hiked his fare by £2 because "he was driving a people carrier

thought i would ask how do you know this?

so are you saying that there has never been a black cab driver thats has not added a few extras on or gone the long way round mmmmmmm????

sorry to say there are always a few chancers no matter what side of the trade you are in

i have been in a black cab and have seen 40p in extras added that should have not been there all that should have been on the meter was the call out charge but all that happend was he got no tip (apart from the one he gave himself)and i have never used that company again so i think if you take the [edited by admin] out of the punter they will not use you again .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:04 am 

Theres an easy solution to that, be like the best and don't have any extras to add. :wink: