Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:40 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
poor Nigel that means that week hes got Watford and London in a single week.

No problem - their good at multitasking in mansfield.

Fighting for the trade something you know nothing about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:42 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

True, we can talk on our phones whilst eating a kebab whilst smoking a ciggie with a can of coke on our lap easy when you know how :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:43 pm 
Gateshead Angel wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Sussex.
I see they are organising a mass lobby of OFT in London.

this could be dangerous, unless of course that Gatehead branch are organising it.

Oh how easy it is to pass comments as a guest!
You can say anything you want one day, then change it the next and claim it wasn't you!
How pityful!

The T&G along with other trade organisations are planning to lobby the government after a select committee rubbished the findings of the OFT report. This site however stays resolute in its anti T&G stance by singling them out as the bad lot YET AGAIN.

The OFT report has been proved to be flawed, it has been heavily critised from practically everyone for not having the evidence to substanciate their statistics and therefore their proposals. Yet we still has Sussex Man telling us they with held information from their report to prove their statistics, WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP. If they do have evidence to back up their statistics they would have produced it within their report, they will not be stupid enough to conveniently find some after they have reported as this would further prove their own incompetance.

Its about time that we accept the fact that the OFT report was carried out in such a manner as to embarass this government, and that gentlemen is why they will kick it out.

Some people have adopted an "I WANT, I DEMAND" attitude but what they forget is that, although that is their right , other people share the same rights to state exactly the same.

The differance is clear to me, Sussex Man is massively anti H/C to the point of making up cute little nicknames for every aspect of it. What he takes exeption to is when people of opposing views adopt a similar stance and start refering to all P/H with similar cute names. He stands against plateholders, shouting from the rooftops that they are "leeches", well if that is the case every single P/H operator is a "leech" as they charge drivers for work while they sit in their little offices. The bottom line here gentlemen is that the government realise that this trade works best in areas where there is a two tier system in operation, after all is that not why the City of London is now licensing the minicabs. This has been bourne out by the Department for Transport Select Committee's damning response to the discraceful OFT report, the government will, I have no doubt, reach the same conclusion.

So gentlemen, the immediate future holds little for any of us. Some of us have had hopes dashed others are still as confused as we were prior to the OFT investigation. I have now personally reached the end of the road. Its getting to much, outdated laws, envious people with self centred attitude looking to get what they can out of a trade they are not willing to put anything into, driver attitude towards fellow drivers is paramount when you have to rely on others for assistance when you find yourself in a predicament, I wouldn't like to have bother in my cab and be looking for assistance to see Sussex Man driving towards me as he would be rubbing his hands together thinking of the extra pennies he would make with a car off the road.

I will be quitting this so called trade after 12 years on 1st of March, and to be honest that day cannot come quickly enough.

B. Lucky :twisted:

Careful youth the dummy throwers will be on later slagging you off for going it on your own and getting out the Cab trade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:18 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
Sorry but is this sites principles based on celebrating when someone is forced out of the trade.

Mr Guest, if someone says this or that on TDO, then it's the views of those that say this and that, not of TDO. :shock:

Alex

Simply the best taxi forum in the whole wide world. www.taxi-driver.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:12 am 
Nidge wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

wrong Nigel,
not fighting for the trade, but fighting the trade
committed to the trade Nige? no wanna get out

dont stir it for others Nige then leave em all in the sh**

its ok to have a badge everybodies friend, some battles are there to be fought like the battles your customers have looking for a cab whilst you are [edited by admin] about ranting to Watford papers.

then you have the cheek to say there are too many cabs in Mansfield kin ell nige they need loads to provide cover for them burning fuel doing nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:24 am 
Anonymous wrote:
its ok to have a badge everybodies friend, some battles are there to be fought like the battles your customers have looking for a cab whilst you are [edited by admin] about ranting to Watford papers.

I don't know Mr Guest, you seem to be very nieve when it comes to "customers looking for a cab", the whole reasoning behind the H/C trades argument is that this doesn't happen enough. You see demand FOR customers far outweighs demand for cabs.

You seem blissfully unaware that deregulation leads to drivers working more hours, in most cases I'm aware of, for less money. So you seem to put a higher price on customer satisfaction than you do for public safety, and that is a discrace.

No wonder you post as a guest,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:29 am 
Anonymous wrote:
wrong Nigel,

Again another comment worthy of guest status.

How on earth can any individual fight with the trade and get away with it, come and talk to drivers in Gateshead, go and talk to drivers in Mansfield and see if they believe people who are willing to stand and be counted are fighting against their best interests, in fact talk to drivers in any deregulated area but I would warn you to adopt a different approach than you do when your on here, or you would see fighting.

Have the courage of your own convictions and put your name to your words as by your comments you are of no consequence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:35 am 
Alex wrote:
Mr Guest, if someone says this or that on TDO, then it's the views of those that say this and that, not of TDO. :shock:

Alex

By not condoning members actions it is fair to assume that the owners and moderators of the site agree with the messages posted.

You are quick enough to condone others.

Issuing posts like that Alex, again without referance to the principle of the original complaint, only prove the complaint entirely.

Biased, and nieve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:02 am 

Gateshead Angel wrote:
You seem blissfully unaware that deregulation leads to drivers working more hours, in most cases I'm aware of, for less money.

No, only to some owners, who can't hack the fact that they will have to work for a living.

If people wish to run their own cars, then good luck to them.

Your union, must be the only union known to man, that looks after the bosses, to the detriment of the workers. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:05 am 

Gateshead Angel wrote:
Biased, and naive.

Well I'm not naive, but definitely biased.

However if you can't hack the trade, the best thing is for you to leave.

Thousands leave the trade every year, thousands join the trade every year, only the odd one or two make a song and dance about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:48 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Nidge wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Get ya facts right Dime Bar, I didn't go ranting to the press they came to me because I was from outside the area and they asked me a few questions 2 paragraphs I think, so there you have it. At least losing a days pay doesn't bother me, you forgot to mention Mercury FM the local radio station who interviewed me outside the station or did I forget to tell you that one???? :D :D :D :D Never mind I can't be perfect all the time :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:51 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Nidge wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

wrong Nigel,

dont stir it for others Nige then leave em all in the sh**

then you have the cheek to say there are too many cabs in Mansfield kin ell nige they need loads to provide cover for them burning fuel doing nothing.

Why are you hiding under guest????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:26 pm 
Gateshead Angel wrote:
Alex wrote:

Alex

By not condoning members actions it is fair to assume that the owners and moderators of the site agree with the messages posted.

You are quick enough to condone others.

Issuing posts like that Alex, again without referance to the principle of the original complaint, only prove the complaint entirely.

Biased, and nieve.

Mick,
whilst on your site there was no freedom of thought on here there is.

I dont think the administrators need any lessons from successfull failures?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:01 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Mick,
whilst on your site there was no freedom of thought on here there is.

I dont think the administrators need any lessons from successfull failures?

Mr G Fielding of Halifax, please substanciate the allegations you have made. As Nidge rightly described you earlier you are a DIME BAR.

Keep naming names and more details will appear as you do under the guise of a guest poster.

You argue for freedom of thought EVEN THOUGH you don't have enough faith IN YOUR OWN THOUGHTS to put your name to them, and that mate is why you will never be relied upon to tell the truth.

Anyway, try telling everyone that your not the H/C propietor you profess but a mere P/H operator. You only came up with the "I'm a H/C propietor" lie to stop Claude (or whatever name he chooses to call himself) from having a go at you, and so you could reach further up his anal passages.

Diddlywhack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:07 pm 
Sussex Man wrote:
Your union, must be the only union known to man, that looks after the bosses, to the detriment of the workers. :(

But SM in my area ALL drivers are self employed and therefore bosses, in fact the majority are owner drivers so although my statements may not apply in your area they do here, some acceptance of this would be hugely benefical.

Never mind though eh, life's to short, at least your fighting for what you think is right, unlike Wharfie who argues for what he thinks will make him popular.

Sad. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next