Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 51  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:43 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Sussex wrote:
captain cab wrote:
I think the Judge is perhaps retarded......a driver not being ar*ed to secure a wheelchair properly, does not mean the wheelchair wont fit.

Wasn't there a survey which concluded only 4 wheelchair jobs out of 100 could fit the TX range? :?

Was that the same one where the manufacturers of wheelchairs couldnt guarantee the stability of the wheelchair in the taxi in the event of an accident?

CC

That was LTI scaremongering

Quote:
Was that the same one where the EC stated a mixed fleet was better than WAV only policies?

That's what they said, i don't see any other European country jumping on the wav bandwagon do you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:49 pm 

No Skippy it wasn't LTI scaremongering, it was an independent report for the government by Ricability.

No I don't see many European countries following the UK.......but that doesn't matter now because you got a result in Liverpool :lol:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:57 pm 

captain cab wrote:
No Skippy it wasn't LTI scaremongering, it was an independent report for the government by Ricability.

No I don't see many European countries following the UK....
Quote:
...but that doesn't matter now because you got a result in Liverpool
:lol:

CC

And Manchester London Blackburn Chichester, Coventry, Norwich Harlow, Reading, Tamside Telfordand and Traford, and especially Peterbourgh where the taxi inspector is a jobsworth :D :D :D :D
And no I dont need one and never will as I will go PH :D

Emails have already been sent along with the judgment :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:59 pm 

skippy41 wrote:

I see.....so basically you dont give a sh*t about anyone else having to get one, but you wont.

Shame that damned DDA is going to affect the PH trade too aint it :lol:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:08 pm 

skippy41 wrote:
captain cab wrote:
bloodnock wrote:

So true toots.....Its wrong that one group of opposing passenger transportation styles should try and get the other to be made to obey the same rules as they are subject to. I for one if needs be will go get a WAV or two and sell off my saloons and simply become a Hack....tis that easy to do here. now the real losers then will be those that already are Taxi drivers as there will be twice or thrice the competition in the ranks and on the street as there is at present.

Any wise hack should be praying to hell that PH dont need to be WAV..indeed campaining for them not to be, just to protect their own livelyhoods.

as they say...one should be careful for what you wish for....you might get it!

Thats an open market and competition for you.....unless you're saying those hacks in your area dont do PH work......which I find difficult to believe :wink:

CC

We have 3 ways of working here, the punter comes to the rank, phones for 1, or hails it from the street, as a 1 man band the punters phone me direct, just like 80% of other hack owners here

So what do you do when someone phones for your services, you turn up to pick them up & low & behold, they are in a wheelchair & so disabled that they cannot get out of the wheelchair nor be lifted out of the wheelchair?

What do you do in those circumstances & has this ever occured??

What would you do Mr Skippy41???

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:12 pm 

No its never occurred, but folk will tell you so you ask if they can transfer if yes no problem if no I get them a wav simple really

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:15 pm 

How many buses are WAV's is that transport 100% or is it just when it's feasible :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:16 pm 

toots wrote:
How many buses are WAV's is that transport 100% or is it just when it's feasible :?

Or aeroplanes....or trains.

facing facts we can get the wheelchair bound to all of these transport terminals....then basically they're screwed.

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:17 pm 

CC... I don't think Skippy will really have a problem... he should be able to apply for a medical exemption..... and therefore not need to have a WAV.... can you imagine what the exemption would say... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:19 pm 

MR T wrote:
CC... I don't think Skippy will really have a problem... he should be able to apply for a medical exemption..... and therefore not need to have a WAV.... can you imagine what the exemption would say... :lol:

Wow!! they have a mental exemption....those guys thought of everything :lol:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:21 pm 

captain cab wrote:
MR T wrote:

Wow!! they have a mental exemption....those guys thought of everything :lol:

CC
wheelchair phobia :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:21 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Sussex wrote:
GBC wrote:
Yes they can. :?

Liverpool E7 Judgement

I think the Judge is perhaps retarded......a driver not being ar*ed to secure a wheelchair properly, does not mean the wheelchair wont fit.

CC

You ain't seen the wheelchairs our customers expect us to carry & a great number of idiots in Brum do!

One driver was telling me only yesterday that he carried a prone wheelchair passenger that JUST got into his TXII ..... his feet were touching the off-side door & his head was banging on the near-side door as he was being driven home!!

Don't laugh it gets better!!

When he got home the passenger gave him a b*ll*cking, because the driver that took him on the outward journey had the 'foresight' to open the off-side window & stick the passenger's feet out so that his head would not bang on the nearside door as they went along.

Now do you understand why the LTI & all other WAVs are not built to carry ALL wheelchair bound passengers?

Brummie Cabbie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:27 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:

Now do you understand why the LTI & all other WAVs are not built to carry ALL wheelchair bound passengers?

I always understood it.......I took part in the ricability study.....the same study found that out of so many hundred wheelchairs only a tiny percentage should actually be used in taxis because they were not built for it, thus the manufacturers dont recommend it.

The point surely is you are not going to get any taxi that can cover every possible passenger with every possible ailment.

The further point going on from the judgement possibly suggests if a person with another ailment goes before the same judge with a saloon car argument then you could perhaps see saloon cars in these areas licensed as taxis?

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:31 pm 

Perhaps they should reverse this type of thinking and make it about the manufacturers of wheelchairs being forced to make them so they fit into taxi :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:34 pm 

skippy41 wrote:
captain cab wrote:

No I don't see many European countries following the UK....
Quote:
...but that doesn't matter now because you got a result in Liverpool
:lol:

CC

And Manchester London Blackburn Chichester, Coventry, Norwich Harlow, Reading, Tamside Telfordand and Traford, and especially Peterbourgh where the taxi inspector is a jobsworth :D :D :D :D

Emails have already been sent along with the judgment :D

So just because the law will soon say WAVs for all, you're going to 'jump ship' are you Mr Skippy41!!

Always said that any Hack not driving a WAV is really a PH in disguise ..... & now you've proved it for me Mr Skippy41!!

How much is a PH operator license PER YEAR in your parts?

Do the arithmetic ..... it may be cheaper to go WAV, become a proper hack, than pay out HUNDREDS OF POUNDS A YEAR for a PH operator license.

Brummie Cabbie.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 51  Next